Black Shields (BkS) bks bks bks bks bks bks bks bks bks bks bks bks

Users who are viewing this thread

Watched a couple of gameplays of Gloria Victis, and the combat mechanics look wonky and unappealing. I guess WB raised the bar of medieval combat for me.  Also, some of the animation is horrible, reminds me of the original M&B. The game is still in alpha/beta? If they address those issues then the game may look promising.

Alpha.

Also, remind yourself how many kids talk about Warband like, "Those animations look so bad, the feinting looks stupid, this game looks old."

Does GV need work? Affirmative. Is it good, despite that? I believe so.

I concur with Lord Marshal Rhade, Gloria Victis is decent. Rough around the edges for sure, but even in its current state there is fun to be had. I've spent $20 on worse things, things that still make my **** itch.

Rake said:
Fritigern said:
I concur with Lord Marshal Rhade, Gloria Victis is decent. Rough around the edges for sure, but even in its current state there is fun to be had. I've spent $20 on worse things, things that still make my **** itch.

Midlander or Ismur?

Ismur.

Never got Life is Feudal to work properly so I can't really say much about that game, but there are some good tactical play in this game. Planning on playing some Kings and Men tomorrow, so I can't really say how that game will hash out in the end. In this, though, all I can say is we're having fun. Sieging enemy held towns and getting caught up in big 15vs15 line battles is pretty nifty.

GV is interesting, some thoughts of mine:

1. Servers either seem low quality, and every seems to be getting lag spikes every now and then so it can make combat rough with a ton of people.

2. Game is rather epic, having some great time with rats and tk fellas and I think everyone is enjoying it.

3. The safezone for midlanders is just so bad, it literally covers so much land and even goes about 10 feet to O'Niells farm making it really annoying to hold that property as they are completely safe right up to the fence so they just shoot at us in the town which is really annoying considering we cannot do anything about it.

4. The inventory UI lag is really bad and should be one of the first things to be fixed asap.

All things said its a really solid alpha, with the exception of server quality and UI lag it runs really well, I am running it on max at ~80 FPS with a full server.

Gorlock said:
GV is interesting, some thoughts of mine:

1. Servers either seem low quality, and every seems to be getting lag spikes every now and then so it can make combat rough with a ton of people.

2. Game is rather epic, having some great time with rats and tk fellas and I think everyone is enjoying it.

3. The safezone for midlanders is just so bad, it literally covers so much land and even goes about 10 feet to O'Niells farm making it really annoying to hold that property as they are completely safe right up to the fence so they just shoot at us in the town which is really annoying considering we cannot do anything about it.

4. The inventory UI lag is really bad and should be one of the first things to be fixed asap.

All things said its a really solid alpha, with the exception of server quality and UI lag it runs really well, I am running it on max at ~80 FPS with a full server.

Agreed on most points. Frankly, the game hinges on the dev's ability to take the money they made from EA, grow the team and address things.  It has a very solid baseline, though -- definitely worth $20.

Back
Top Bottom