Black Shields (BkS) bks bks bks bks bks bks bks bks bks bks bks bks

Users who are viewing this thread

Boogy
Whoever you are I think you should reread what I wrote, then read what you wrote, It's then probably wise then to re read what I wrote. before looking at what you wrote again. Once you've done that a few times, edit your post so it actually looks like you've read what I wrote.

Juve
Great Post.  :cool:

African
Check out Rhades Spoiler.

Rhade's wall of text.
Firstly I am glad you accept that your a has been.
Secondly, you didn't come back and beat the best, wK were the best, they won. so you came back and beat the rest, not the best. it is irrelevant how long a break you had, you took part in a competition with the view to winning it, if your skill level was lower due to inactivity, that is no excuse, be more active, then perhaps you might of won. but you didn't win, you came second. wK won. 
Thirdly, im glad you said in "our scene", that being the NA scene. Its about time you started to distinguish between the fact that there are different scenes in warband. In other threads you come out all guns blazing about BkS being the best clan ever. At the moment, there is some overlap between the EU and NA scene, but due to the constraints of technology and how much a difference Pings can make, there is no sure fire way to tell the actual quality of each scene. we make do with server switches which help, but in the end no one will play to their 100% skill level with over 100ping, they will always be better with 30ping.

Next your calling me dense in regards to the skills you mentioned, here I will refer you to Juve's post as he explains it better than me. but of course, Juve is also dense because he disagrees with you. In fact, id probably say 90% of the community is therefore also dense.

As for the Metagame, its improved drastically because of the hard work, time and effort of a lot of good players who do so much to help new and existing players improve their game to a higher standard, thus improving skills throughout all of the Scenes. And every time you open your mouth to spout that nonsense about warband not being skilful is insulting each and everyone of those players, who didn't walk away when the going got tough. who stuck around to learn and improve the community and the game.

Darkfall?? wtf, this is warband why are you mentioning darkfall? Ah I forgot, you live in the past, like its the present and BkS are still running the show. They aren't. wK is (AE in eu). but anywyas I see your point, BkS was amazing at darkfall too, and people tried to say you weren't, and history is repeating itself. yes very good, now back on to subject matter. You havn't come back and won anything though? wK won the UNAC, what other competition did you enter and win, after you left? (notice question marks as I'm skiving at work and can't be arsed searching) off the top of my head... none, but see brackets.

My Ego, is unfortunately only a mere fraction the size of yours, and doesn't need rubbing. but maybe ill watch your streams to help me with that.

I stated the rationale behind the reasoning on why people are now better than they were before. Sure players trained then the same as they do now, but when you have 5 years of training behind you, then your going to be better. Why don't you google "Learning Curve" it represents a good visualisation of how people learn. (sure there will always be that one exception, which is invariably you because your just amazing, just check out your muai thai skills.)

And the reason this applies, is because you keep trying to tell us that people were better players back in the day. They weren't ,life just doesn't work like that. when people do something over and over they improve, that's a FACT of life. You are also insulting every player who puts in a LOT of time and effort into their game to improve themselves, the warband scene is much larger than your perceive, why don't you look at the WNL rosters from now and when you were around, not really so dead. Well... wait, actually your right, NA is dying I believe and this leads me onto the next point,

BkS in their prime, were very good. in the NA. I've not once said BkS were crap, but their achievements were done, in a different time, and in the NA scene only. So you cant go around saying they are best clan ever in all time in all scenes, like you are. BkS is nothing in the EU scene, NOTHING. BkS didn't compete in the EU scene, therefore you can't claim to be better than any EU teams. ( and vice versa)

The USA team you played in, never won the Nations cup. So you can there for take it that the USA has never dominated the international scene. Which suggests that although your players are good and the USA did well, they in turn are not the best in the world, Which, if BkS were just that amazing, they would be.

Frankly, when I played against you (yes boogy I really did play against BkS) I never found you that special. Good yes, but I never came away from the match thinking, **** my ass hole is 8 cocks wider now!! 

Your selective deafness is incredible, you ask for others achievements yet you don't even acknowledge AE. they have been running longer, and stronger than BkS in their scene (the EU scene) but lets make a comparison. How many tournaments did BkS win, and how many have AE won? how many players in AE have won the Nations cup? how many have BkS? Which clan does the most successful duellist belong to? how many players in AE are known to have helped progress the Warband community? how many in BkS?

Off the top of my head, I would say AE come out tops on every single one of those statements.

wK are currently the best team in the NA so no, they are not has beens.

Im going to reiterate this,

BkS were good, the best, in the NA scene, in the past. But only in the past. Accept it as good memory, and so will we. Continuing to force it in peoples faces and all it does is Tarnish the good achievement, that legacy that you worked so hard for.

We beat wk in the round robin stage then they beat us in the finals. The only team in the tournament we didn't beat was GA because they got stomped in the semi finals.

I must be confused though, clearly you know so much more about our clans history than we do. :roll:

African said:
The only team in the tournament we didn't beat was GA because they got stomped in the semi finals.
Shut up, not about GA. Don't talk **** or imply you could have beat us, doesn't lead to anything but random walls of text about "what ifs" and "maybes".
Not worth it.

Le Roux said:
African said:
The only team in the tournament we didn't beat was GA because they got stomped in the semi finals.
Shut up, not about GA. Don't talk **** or imply you could have beat us, doesn't lead to anything but random walls of text about "what ifs" and "maybes".
Not worth it.

Its not an unfair implication we could have, but that doesn't do anyone any good because there are equally good arguments for both sides.

I will say that its unfortunate we were originally scheduled to play GA at the very end of the season a e have easy matches until midway through. We didn't bother practicing at all coming off the huge break because of it. You guys got moved up to like week 2 at the last moment and we played a map we had never, at that point, seen.

We lost.

I feel that if we had the chance to play AE/GA in a LAN setting to settle this once and for all, we would come back with a vengeance and be back to form and ready to bang. The match would be insane. However, as that isn't going to happen, I'm of the opinion that AE is the closest thing to a European equal we have and am happy to leave it at that. I think you guys have earned that.

MacKain said:
Boogy
Whoever you are I think you should reread what I wrote, then read what you wrote, It's then probably wise then to re read what I wrote. before looking at what you wrote again. Once you've done that a few times, edit your post so it actually looks like you've read what I wrote.

"Whoever I am?" Lol.  :roll:

You avoid any points I bring up by saying it doesn't address anything you said. I think it is you that needs to reread. Half of your original post talks about rising skill level and that BkS was good during a time of low skill level and therefore are not as great as Rhade claims them to be so they had to run away from the scene before they lost. Do I need to quote what you said here so you will read it?

Your achievements were good at that particular time period. You, and BkS have not achieved anything within warband for a number of years now. your an old has been that keeps bringing up the glory days. Your insinuating that every warband player who still plays is ****, and by doing this consistently you are undermining these top players who have put thousands of hours into their gameplay.

In the 5 years I've been playing competitive warband, ive noticed a massive skill change. players, in the EU and NA scenes have both improved massively. This notion you have of warband requiring no skill is ridiculous. It takes skill to avoid the kick slash, it takes skill to avoid the bump lance it takes skill to anticipate the eurofeints. Because you couldn't master those skills and because lesser skilled players were increasingly putting in more time to improve themselves to get to "your" level they learned them, and became better than you and you couldn't handle it. or is it the fact you mention, "Before these were used en masse", This says to me that, Perhaps you did master those skills though, perhaps it annoyed you that everyone else was mastering them now and you didn't have the skill to counter them, and as each match you had would get closer and closer you bailed before you actually had a competition on your hands, so you could maintain this Ego trip of having the most successful clan ever?

I addressed you by saying skill level was equal for everyone and that BkS was the first to dominate. They dominated for a long time. That means they picked up on the meta quickly and won with it. What makes you think they can't do that again? They did do it again. They came back and beat people in this new meta. Not as dominant as before, but equal to the best clan, my clan, wK. I asked you what has changed in this last year to make it so BkS couldn't do that again? Your only response would be in your last paragraph.

Your last paragraph, which I didn't address, was about how more time playing warband will give you more skill. Quite frankly, time in warband is subject to the law of diminishing returns. 10 hours is not as good as 300 hours, but 300 hours can be just as good as 1000 hours. There's not much more to say on that. I've mentored players with more time in this game than me and been mentored by players that have less time in this game than me.

Um yeah drunk and internet never a good combo.

The points you raised boogy, didn't make sense, hence why I said to go and re-read what I had written. You now make more sense.

yes whoever you are, I don't know you. and you obviously don't know me.

You are indeed correct about time in warband having diminishing returns, but the length of time was great enough that a noticeable skill increase had taken place. this can be shown by BkS's lack of domination when they returned. What it shows is that during their prime, they were roughly 2 years ahead of everyone. but as we have covered with the "learning curve" there is diminishing returns, thus BkS shot up to that skill level, and plateaued. The rest of the scene, although was taking a bit longer, was starting to gain. BkS got bored waiting I suppose, left then came back, found it annoying they weren't completely dominating and didn't win the UNAC as your clan did They subsequently left again.

BkS couldn't do it again, as the game has been out so long, that almost everything is known about the game 90% of the scene is on that plateau where skill comes down to training techniques and building teamwork and tactics. competitive matches don't so much come down to individual players but how they act as team, and how they work together with their chosen tactic.

I'm sure BkS could come back and be a good team, perhaps even win a tournament. but they would not dominate like they did in their prime.

I am of course mentioned only the NA scene. as I covered before BkS weren't apart of the EU scene.

MacKain said:
Good to see you actually read what I've said boogy. :smile: I am however on my phone in the pub with the misses so I shall give you a more deserving reply at a later date. As tonight I look forward to getting blazing drunk, shagging the misses then most likely spewing my ringer... Good day to you all!!

Ps: anyone know any eccentric billionaire who wants to sponsor a LAN AE v BkS match
what is the point in posting this?

Le Roux said:
Not worth it.

I'll give you that, my point was just that we only played you once. There's enough **** already going on here, I don't want to start down that road either. Poor choice of words on my part.

We're planning on playing Supraball with the guys from wK on Wednesday night.

Anyone wanting to get dunked on can come play with us. I'll post the server and time here once we hammer it out.

Mok said:
Rhade said:

Anyone wanting to get dunked on can come play with us. I'll post the server and time here once we hammer it out.
no one cares lol

Says the ****ing retard who clearly cared enough to post to say that no one cares.

Mok, you seriously are one of the dumbest people I know.

Rhade said:
Mok said:
Rhade said:

no one cares lol

Says the ******** retard who clearly cared enough to post to say that no one cares.

Mok, you seriously are one of the dumbest people I know.
lol man chill

srsly no one gives a **** rofl

Back
Top Bottom