SP - General Bigger axe blades.

Users who are viewing this thread

Have you seen a two-handed cleaver? or some other two-handers?

Realism > Fantasy, yet you can outrun people on horses on the campaign map, yet you can take an arrow to the head/neck/heart and not die, yet you can punch a shield or helmet until the person passes out and not damage your fists, yet you can cut someones throat and they keep trying swinging and don't bleed out... I can go all day about Realism vs Fantasy in the game. It's a video game, its all fantasy. Just because it's somewhat SOMEWHAT historically correct doesn't mean it has to be entirely realistic. All that being said, I bet you don't have permadeath enabled. Realism>Fantasy..

I'm not looking for an argument son. It's a wonder how much offence you've taken. Many points you made were wrong or non arguments.

A game getting lots of inspiration and references from real life is what drives this niche.

I'm not looking for an argument son. It's a wonder how much offence you've taken. Many points you made were wrong or non arguments.

A game getting lots of inspiration and references from real life is what drives this niche.
you started the argument by stating realism was more important than fantasy, then when I proved you wrong you fell back on a dumbass insult
"What a nerd"

Wdym? You never noticed multiple arrows in enemy's head lmao? I mean it's only logical

3 arrows to the head, if they have bad headgear, 2 if they have none. "Realism>Fantasy."

OK kid. Lets start with us agreeing we both can read and understand English.

This game is a sand box simulation with inspiration from history. Specifically the 'migration period' after the fall of the Roman Empire. It pushes realism to the point where you have simulated swing speed with your weapon. Of course video games have leeway to alter fun and realism. This franchise created it's stake towards realism, and historical inspiration.

> is the 'greater than' symbol

My statement, realism 'is greater than' fantasy, has spurned you into being offended. I don't know how. My assumption is you are an adolescent by age or social maturity.

The developers take a more realistic approach when they can, the game is made this way. Historical accurate axes > comic/cartoon axes, in this game.

Your argument, if I read it correctly, is that because one part of the game is realistic, then how come all the other parts aren't realistic? It doesn't argue my point. It just puts an 'all or nothing' stance respectively.

'Fantasy, yet you can outrun people on horses on the campaign map '
Here you are mistaken. Your speed on the campaign map is simulated with many factors. For instance, the more horses you have in your inventory, and the more cavalry you have in your army, will increase your map speed. You should have no problem chasing down groups of bandits if everyone is on a horse. If you have a large army chasing down a scouting party, that will be more difficult, it's a logistics and attrition issue at that point.

'yet you can take an arrow to the head/neck/heart and not die, yet you can punch a shield or helmet until the person passes out and not damage your fists, yet you can cut someones throat and they keep trying swinging and don't bleed out '

At some point developers take into account what makes their game unique. An accurate fighter simulation probably passed around their office. Adjusting a script and releasing a mod to have a head shot kill, would be easy. Ultimately it's a medieval sandbox simulation, and not a realistic fighting simulation. They put their resources where they can. All or nothing is a none argument anyway.

'All that being said, I bet you don't have permadeath enabled. '

This is just an attack on myself. I haven't said anything offensive before you stated this. It's a simple mundane hormone induced **** swinging insult going down the wrong path because you imagined me insulting you.

So let's recap.

Axes should be bigger.

Realism is greater than fantasy. (Bigger swords, you mean length? actual conversation inquiry)

All or nothing points. With an insult.

Nerd.

Take some time to relax, get some real work done where you can feel proper about yourself. You know, hold your own. Fix a bike, build a shelf. Some actual real life skills. It'll calm you down and make you feel more secure about yourself.

As for permadeath, you're just going to have to trust me. I 100% play with it turned on some of the time.

I'm not going to reply anymore to this thread. You bother me, you little whipper snapper you. :smile:

How ignorant.. Your argument is saying “not everything can be realistic” but you’re the exact same as everyone else that cries for realism in the game.. there’s more fantasy points in the game than realism but you wouldn’t admit it. All this started because “bigger axe heads aren’t realistic” neither is the ability to do 90% of the **** in the game, and you’ve spent more time insulting me than I have of you. I pointed out facts about the game not being as realistic as you deem it to be, to which you responded with a personal attack, and the whole “I bet you don’t play with permadeath” was an indication that you take away a “realistic” function.. Meaning you don’t value realism as much as you’re making out to, just when it benefits your argument, do you speed up time? Do you recruit from the same village within days of hiring all their troops? There’s so many fantasy aspects of the game that you use and don’t validate your argument of realism > fantasy.

A huge argument over a simple suggestion of bigger axe heads, so people can feel bad ass wielding a massive axe to kill their foes in a video game.

I can promise you, you use deal with more fantasy **** in the game then you’d ever admit.. like a wife giving birth after four in game weeks.. but god forbid someone wants slightly larger axe blades, what a stupid ****ing thought.

The axes are fine. And the guy is right. This is a game, it's not real life, so of course there won't be realistic things in it...again, it's a video game, not real life. That said, it leans towards a more historically accurate depiction of life, so it has axes that are more historically accurate. It's nothing to get worked up about.

We’re both technically correct, we just don’t see eye to eye on this. I’m biased because it’s my idea, he’s biased because he wants super realism.

I’m just arguing that it’s stupid to claim realism is greater than fantasy while using the fantasy features in the game.

Back
Top Bottom