Better Horses Mod (v1.2) Looking for horse armour texturers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey Njiekovic, I'll try and get the stuff you and Vlad need sorted by the end of today.. bogged down in Tibula padulosa at the moment  :roll:

Dain Ironfoot said:
Hey Njiekovic, I'll try and get the stuff you and Vlad need sorted by the end of today.. bogged down in Tibula padulosa at the moment  :roll:

Great, thanks a lot!

Not sure what tibula padulosa is, but I'm sure you'll be fine  :???:

Alright saregona,

Rigging problem not solvable for now. We'll have to wait for a new BRF edit version and hope that'll take care of the problem. Once that's available I'll pick this up again though.

For the record, here's a pic of the horseleg spaghetti I'm currently getting (with the help of WilliamBerne who was kind enough to quickly import my rig since I didn't have things set up to do this).

mountblade2008-12-1016-11-53-53.jpg

(Also a few errors in the neck and hindquarters, but those shouldn't be too hard to fix, but I suspect those are actually due to some rigging errors. Shouldn't be hard to fix though. It's the legs that flabbergast me.)

Edit: alright disregard that. With the (major) help of Dain Ironfoot (big credits to him!) I have another possible solution and I have pretty good hopes for this one! Just need the time to try it in the next few days or possibly a week or so.

Hey Niek,

Haha, horsie spagetti =P I'm sure you'll work it out just fine. While you're editing the meshes though, might I suggest you give the heavier horses a more roman (convex) profile? It'd just suit the whole heavier look much better than the Thoroughbred-like straight head they have.

Also, I thought you might be able to make a finer boned horse mesh too? Base it off of an Arabian horse, the beautiful ones with the dished faces, just look them up. And making the steppe horse more ponyish (rounder body, shorter legs, thicker neck, shorter head with slightly concave profile) would be cool too. Just tell me what you think, because obviously you have to work the heavier mesh out first.

NOW, I  have two new textures and a replacement buckskin one for that evil one I hate. These textures feature 'shinier' manes and tails, as well as glossy sorta coats and lovely colours! There's only three because it's the holiday season and I've been busy partying, sleeping, eating and looking for work... and I'm lazy =D Here they is for you all to take a look see! (sorry the pics are a bit small, I have dial up and didn't wanna wait forever for them to upload...)

buckhorselp5.png

chestpalvx6.png

silvaponyms6.png

I'm not going to upload a new pack until I have a few more though, I just thought I'd show you all what I've been doing toward this here mod. If anyone has constructive critisism feel free to give it.

No haters =P

Thanks to everyone for their kind words about my ponies, lots of support so far, and there are more awesome textures to come I promise! =D

Sarrie xx

saregona,

I haven't had time yet to work on it at all, but I hope I'll have some time next week. I'll give that convex profile a try. That's a great idea.
Once I get the rigging right I'll give those other ideas a try too.

I'll keep you posted!

Niek

How about docked tails on the cheaper horses.
Typically, work horses would have their tails docked to prevent entanglement in ropes etc.

Kuen - what did you try to download? The new horses are just pictures...

Letum - Hmm, yeah, that is true. But the tails on the M&B Meshes aren't that long anyways really. I'd love to see a proper mane on them... I have a mesh for a mane that'd fit them, but I wouldn't know how to stick it on.

saregona said:
Kuen - what did you try to download? The new horses are just pictures...

Letum - Hmm, yeah, that is true. But the tails on the M&B Meshes aren't that long anyways really. I'd love to see a proper mane on them... I have a mesh for a mane that'd fit them, but I wouldn't know how to stick it on.

I download from this link http://rapidshare.com/files/170071041/Better_Horses_Pack.zip

Yes, good skins and I really enjoyed them in game. Looking forward to a 'beefed up ' horse, try using the dimensions of a Percheron as these are authentic destriers but not too tall so the skeleton wouldn't need too much modification.

Beefed up horses are a bit problematic and probably won't come until a new version of BRFedit is out.

Anyway, nice textures!

To put manes on the horses you have to connect the two meshes in a modelling app, re-rig the horse again and import it into BRFedit.

A small suggestion, how about spec maps for horses so the hairs are shiny? Might look pretty awesome on a black horse, for example.

Yeah, I'm hanging out for that new version... *mmm*

I have so many things I want to do to the horses, I just need all the skeleton information. Giving them a mane, tweaking the body conformation for each type, better tail, better gait animations, alpha and maybe specular mapping...

*bounce*

All a dream at the moment, so I'll stick to the textures... =D

Soil said:
Beefed up horses are a bit problematic and probably won't come until a new version of BRFedit is out.

Anyway, nice textures!

To put manes on the horses you have to connect the two meshes in a modelling app, re-rig the horse again and import it into BRFedit.

A small suggestion, how about spec maps for horses so the hairs are shiny? Might look pretty awesome on a black horse, for example.

Well it's possible, as long as you don't change the size. Rigging is doable now, but there's an error in BRF that you have to recreate to make it work. I think I can do it, but it would take me hours and hours of mindless vertex painting and still I wouldn't be sure it'd work.

There's a quicker way through rigging by envelopes in 3ds max, but I've never been able to set that program up right, so I can't do it currently. Once there finally is a new BRF edit I'll give it another shot.

Back
Top Bottom