Beta3 to be delayed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ra'Jiska said:
bebonzy09 said:
avion365 said:
Not that I have any authority or anything, but I wish to remind people that Personal Insults and the such are against the T.O.S.
See Below.
T.O.S. said:
No derogatory or discriminatory remarks based on ethnicity or religion. No hate propoganda, no racism
Racism of any kind will not be tolerated. This is an international community with members from many different cultures and backgrounds. Breaking this carries the same penalties as above. Note that this includes (but is by no means limited to) sexism, religious based hatred and similar.

No trolling, flaming or anything similar
This is an open, friendly community and also the first stop for those seeking information or assistance of the game. We will not tolerate flaming or trolling, this includes but is not limited to deliberately trying to provoke an argument, personal insults and verbal attacks.  If you disagree with what someone has said, debate the point, not the person.
I would like to remind all of our members that this community is provided for the use of all members, not just those with a high post count or early join date. We all get sick of reading the same questions again and again, however we'd rather you didn't bother replying if you don't have something constructive to say. Remember, you were a newbie once 

That being said I do support Deo in this, He did it simply because of the rules and regulations made by a server that has no competition, and a server that has no competition has no need to improve or be good at all, even the official servers need to have this.

Well, Austro already addressed that in a post around here saying that he wants the mod environment to keep to a minimum of two servers to keep playercounts up

There will be an Asian and an Aus server after the BETA3 release.

Yeah, two atm four in the future you know what I meant :razz:

bebonzy09 said:
avion365 said:
Not that I have any authority or anything, but I wish to remind people that Personal Insults and the such are against the T.O.S.
See Below.
T.O.S. said:
No derogatory or discriminatory remarks based on ethnicity or religion. No hate propoganda, no racism
Racism of any kind will not be tolerated. This is an international community with members from many different cultures and backgrounds. Breaking this carries the same penalties as above. Note that this includes (but is by no means limited to) sexism, religious based hatred and similar.

This is an open, friendly community and also the first stop for those seeking information or assistance of the game. We will not tolerate flaming or trolling, this includes but is not limited to deliberately trying to provoke an argument, personal insults and verbal attacks.  If you disagree with what someone has said, debate the point, not the person.
I would like to remind all of our members that this community is provided for the use of all members, not just those with a high post count or early join date. We all get sick of reading the same questions again and again, however we'd rather you didn't bother replying if you don't have something constructive to say. Remember, you were a newbie once 

That being said I do support Deo in this, He did it simply because of the rules and regulations made by a server that has no competition, and a server that has no competition has no need to improve or be good at all, even the official servers need to have this.

Well, Austro already addressed that in a post around here saying that he wants the mod environment to keep to a minimum of two servers to keep playercounts up

While I believe this is a good intention, the method of keeping the population high has resulted in what you see here. As someone who maintains a set of official servers myself, I would loathe artificially forcing the player count to rise by simply removing competition. I strongly believe that keeping server populations steady is best done through providing the best service, or the most optimal rules set for the largest variety of players. When there is no offered choice, it is natural to try and create the possibility of choice.

There will be an Asian and an Aus server after the BETA3 release.

I think this is even more of a poor decision not to immediately create regional zones. Playing Warband with high ping is atrociously difficult, and international players should never be forced to join less than optimally placed servers to play on. I find the idea that this needs to be tied to a patch tough to swallow.

Deofuta said:
bebonzy09 said:
avion365 said:
See Below.
T.O.S. said:

While I believe this is a good intention, the method of keeping the population high has resulted in what you see here. As someone who maintains a set of official servers myself, I would loathe artificially forcing the player count to rise by simply removing competition. I strongly believe that keeping server populations steady is best done through providing the best service, or the most optimal rules set for the largest variety of players. When there is no offered choice, it is natural to try and create the possibility of choice.

Honestly, the admins are trying their hardest atm. If you can't understand or realize that, or you're just using it is an excuse i'm not sure.

bebonzy09 said:
Deofuta said:
bebonzy09 said:
avion365 said:
See Below.
T.O.S. said:

Honestly, the admins are trying their hardest atm. If you can't understand or realize that, or you're just using it is an excuse i'm not sure.

Please believe I am not blaming the administration here. They made their case to me that they are trying their hardest with the situation that was given to them. They have no more choice over the situation than I do.

Deofuta said:
bebonzy09 said:
Deofuta said:
bebonzy09 said:
avion365 said:
See Below.
T.O.S. said:

Please believe I am not blaming the administration here. They made their case to me that they are trying their hardest with the situation that was given to them. They have no more choice over the situation than I do.

Here, you are stating that you do not have a choice in cracking the DRM and creating an illegitimate server. Is this true?

bebonzy09 said:
Here, you are stating that you do not have a choice in cracking the DRM and creating an illegitimate server. Is this true?

If I want to play the mod the way I want to play it, with the people I want to play it with, then yes I had no choice in the matter to remove the DRM from the mod.

Deofuta said:
bebonzy09 said:

If I want to play the mod the way I want to play it, with the people I want to play it with, then yes I had no choice in the matter to remove the DRM from the mod.

So if I wanted to steal a car the way I want to steal it, with the weapons I want to steal it with, then yes I had no choice in the matter to steal the car.

bebonzy09 said:
Deofuta said:
bebonzy09 said:

So if I wanted to steal a car the way I want to steal it, with the weapons I want to steal it with, then yes I had no choice in the matter to steal the car.

You are comparing the theft of an expensive financial investment, with the alteration of a free modification of a product. This is literally the ~You wouldnt download a car~ argument.

Deofuta said:
bebonzy09 said:
Deofuta said:
bebonzy09 said:

You are comparing the theft of an expensive financial investment, with the alteration of a free modification of a product. This is literally the ~You wouldnt download a car~ argument.

I could spend the time making a more relative allusion, but I don't have the time. Hopefully you and everyone else get my point here and maybe you reconsider.

bebonzy09 said:
I could spend the time making a more relative allusion, but I don't have the time. Hopefully you and everyone else get my point here and maybe you reconsider.

It is very important that allusions are structurally sound. Otherwise you fall into the dangerous trap of comparing incompatible things.

Deofuta said:
bebonzy09 said:

It is very important that allusions are structurally sound. Otherwise you fall into the dangerous trap of comparing incompatible things.

Incomparable*

bebonzy09 said:
Deofuta said:
bebonzy09 said:

Incomparable*
Its the same thing..............

bebonzy09 said:
Deofuta said:
bebonzy09 said:

Incomparable*

Both words work within the sentence. Has your argument been reduced to trying to find mistakes in grammar?

Deofuta said:
bebonzy09 said:
Deofuta said:
bebonzy09 said:

Incomparable*

Both words work within the sentence. Has your argument been reduced to trying to find mistakes in grammar?

My argument has been reduced to i'm too lazy to continue the argument. Congratulations on your internet victory.

The main reason I am not currently allowing unofficial servers from popping up everywhere is because I want the mod to get past it's development stages and pretty much get the mod of it's feet with most bugs fixed, new content and a decent map. I want the population to be concentrated for now and not have a bunch of rebound servers popping up everywhere. The security system I had implemented was never meant to be permanent. I fully acknowledge that the official server owners and their staff will move on sooner or later, and if this mod is to survive it needs to be handed over to the community. All I want is to keep everything as stable as possible until I feel comfortable letting the community run it.

In response to the multitude of complaints the Dev team and head admins have received over the past few weeks since the release of the mod, and due to the fact that the optimal experience cannot be achieved in a short time via the main server, a new mode of play will be created to support the roleplaying needs of the playerbase. That new mode will be the return of HCRP in the manner that it was done for PW so long ago. This mode will be geared towards those who are interested in an in-depth experience on Persistent Frontier. This setup will include a new server, as well as a white-list of players, who are only admitted to the server after their application for the server is accepted by a new team of Admins specifically picked to admin this server. This new setup will be in development and be launched following the release of Beta 3.

Anyway, I am going to close this thread to prevent any further flaming. We will go ahead and take the time to improve our security and I will have updated information on how long it will take and when the estimate time for Beta3 will be when I get in contact with our coder, Wolfstar.

The HCRP server will be running alongside the Official NA server. Playing on the HCRP server is completely optional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom