Beta Patch Notes e1.8.0

Users who are viewing this thread

I hope criminal empire features get added. It would be nice to be able to influence settlements loyalty somehow to incite rebellions, making it easier to get your first settlement without being a vassal, and also good reason to add some needed gameplay inside the towns.
I would like to be able to, once I capture an alley by defeating the gang, install my own gang there to get thug recruits; and install a criminal workshop that makes high profits (at the downside of increasing my criminal rating).

I hope criminal empire features get added. It would be nice to be able to influence settlements loyalty somehow to incite rebellions, making it easier to get your first settlement without being a vassal, and also good reason to add some needed gameplay inside the towns.

Also, I noticed a vlandian lord in the town's keep with long woman dress O_O
I too think we really need some gameplay fetures inside towns, castles and villages. I mean why putting so much efford into building the settings, if noone even sees it. In mid to late game, you literally never go into it and only play on campaign map.

I too think we really need some gameplay fetures inside towns, castles and villages. I mean why putting so much efford into building the settings, if noone even sees it. In mid to late game, you literally never go into it and only play on campaign map.
Some gang action, black ops, random encounters would provide nice gameplay at squad level inside towns or villages, and also give more power to the player to influence the world, like starve a settlement, incite rebellion, assassinate some lord, increase security, etc

Also would be nice to be able to control other characters. For example the king shouldn't perform assassination missions himself, it would be strange.

I believe TW will deliver what they announced, and criminal empire bases are already in the game. I just don't see it commented much on this forum, and people just talk about replicating warband features. I like the new flow of the game, maybe less grindy than WB regarding social relations, eventhought I still have not had my own kingdom so I can't comment late game.

Aside from that, the game is starting to run and play very nice. Thanks TaleWorlds for making this amazing game, I believe in you!

@Duh_TaleWorlds Have you guys actually tested smithing?
It feels like you didn't, otherwise you wouldn't make it such a tedious process. It takes way too long to unlock any parts, I must have made a 100 2h axes and so far i only unlocked a few pommels, no axe heads or handles - and that's with perks for faster unlocking on smithing and smelting.
It feels like a full time job now instead of a fun mechanic. Please change this.

It feels like you didn't, otherwise you wouldn't make it such a tedious process. It takes way too long to unlock any parts, I must have made a 100 2h axes and so far i only unlocked a few pommels, no axe heads or handles - and that's with perks for faster unlocking on smithing and smelting.
It feels like a full time job now instead of a fun mechanic. Please change this.
I have totally same exp, while other skills are going up finally really good but BS opposite. I did not seek BS to get unlimited money just those points to ctrl and end (225 needed, I have 170 but giving up for unlocks are not unlocking).

I have totally same exp, while other skills are going up finally really good but BS opposite. I did not seek BS to get unlimited money just those points to ctrl and end (225 needed, I have 170 but giving up for unlocks are not unlocking).

I'm really sorry to hear this because I find smithing to be an important part of my game. I was a little worried when they said parts would be unlocked in tiers but this sounds terrible.

Idduno guys you can make swinging polearm with good longness and okay speed pretty easily with a few unlocks, all you really need.
Yeah swinging polearms are way too good, I very much hope to see either an across the board speed nerf or damage nerf.

The Glaive in particular is broken overpowered. And the Menavlion shouldn't even be a swinging polearm.

help!

campaign options are being RESET upon exit !!

restarting the game is defaulting to "freebooter" in my save, and i am no freebooter

it appear to be just a visual bug, as it says freebooter, you will notice none of your settings have changed. But if you change 1 setting lets say player dmg from realistic to very hard back to realistic it was say your original settings info. So its just visual

I planned on running tests to check them all, but from initial testing it seemed to take 30-45 minutes for each weapon type. Average to 30 minutes, 12 different types and that's 6 hours of smithing. Fine but give us a better way to smith so our fingers don't get carpel tunnel. let enter work to all the time for a build, last build button we can set to a hotkey, but 6 hours of pressing a mouse over and over, yikes

The newly added children to various clans don't appear to have any familial relations, though you can clearly see on their faces that some of them should be the children of the adult members of the clans. An oversight, or a bug, I suppose.

it appear to be just a visual bug, as it says freebooter, you will notice none of your settings have changed. But if you change 1 setting lets say player dmg from realistic to very hard back to realistic it was say your original settings info. So its just visual

I planned on running tests to check them all, but from initial testing it seemed to take 30-45 minutes for each weapon type. Average to 30 minutes, 12 different types and that's 6 hours of smithing. Fine but give us a better way to smith so our fingers don't get carpel tunnel. let enter work to all the time for a build, last build button we can set to a hotkey, but 6 hours of pressing a mouse over and over, yikes

They definitely did not test smithing. I think blacksmithing patterns are continuously being unlocked. During my current blacksmithing playthrough, I noticed I have all of the tier 1 dagger, sword, one handed axe, throwing knife, and two handed axe patterns unlocked. I can't unlock any of the tier 2 patterns for these weapons. When I was smelting a dagger, I received a notification saying I learned to craft the tier 1 Kama blade and Bound Fur One Handed Grip. My character could craft both patterns already. Is anyone else running into this issue?

Last edited:
A4E2E997B1AA80B0EB5CC7190B5FFF0995AA3B86
930BFB3C1ADC3F511FEFB07D23AB36E03C7C736D

69F940E7D517F099C4769282CC2BEAA926ABE590

Some problems with smiting ...
And also a big texture problem with a village map (Gamardan)

063409D530204D0402CE98BD34890BA44C3371BB

what am i missing ?
i cant create a kingdom (lvl4 clan and own a city ) in sandbox talking to the Governor
nor can i leave Sturgia talking to the leader ?

must there be peace ?

Edit: the problem was i was in an army with my wanderers ..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom