Beta Patch Notes e1.6.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Since 1.6.0 is so stable performance-wise, couldn't we just forget about 1.5.10 and just move 1.6.0 to the live branch? I'd love to play some multiplayer on the side. I don't see the point of using resources and time in trying to fix that mess when this patch is so smooth that can easily be moved to live. I don't know if everyone is having the same experience but a patch as smooth as this is not beta-worthy, especially for more than a month... last patches were horror shows.

Last edited:
been playing for about 3hrs now with the new 1.6 .. performance so much better best its been nice work.. The smith love what you have done there so much better.... also some nice touches still alot to look at as i started new game and not t1 yet keep up the good work.

Wait, are you guys saying inaccessible order UI when enemy retreats IS a design decision? Even though it makes hunting brigades quest a pain in the bottom? Or are you aware of it and just didn't fix it yet? Cause this is the one and only reason I uninstalled 1.5.10 after 10 minutes.

1) Conquest of City quests cancels when i actually took that castle. I summoned the army, i did the siege, i won the siege and the quest was canceled.
2) Smithing.
You removed a console command to unlock all recipes for crafting...Yet, the crafting system is still polluted with good-for-nothing parts, like pommels for javelins and spears. All of these parts i have to unlock through RNG. All kinds of pommels, handles, guards for swords which only have cosmetic differences i have to unlock. Through RNG.
item specifications are being reset to default every time i craft an item. I have to copy-paste an item every time because an alternative to that is to pick item parts manually after each forging.
---
if you touch smithing, then why don't you do that in full? easily 60%+ of crafting parts for weapons do NOTHING.
In BL total value of any action is what brings a player experience. We do more damage, we gain skills faster, which means i will gain more exp swinging two-handed axe rather than using a spear because each swing of an axe does x2 x3 more damage therefore i gain x2 x3 more exp. If we sell a horse we would gain more exp than selling 100 units of grain. If we craft or smelt high-value items it will bring more exp to smithing and the chance to unlock a new recipe will be higher. Crafting some one-handed axe with basic parts would not provide enough exp to smithing and to parts unlock chance because it is not how it works, and yet "The crafting experience and research points needed to unlock new parts gains received from the "Free Build" have been greatly reduced.". Fulfilling the orders from NPCs will never, ever be just as efficient as to simply craft and smelt high-value items.

p.s. oh oh another thing to note. I can't fulfil certain smithing orders from NPC because i simply did not unlock parts needed to fulfil that order and because "The crafting experience and research points needed to unlock new parts gains received from the "Free Build" have been greatly reduced." i still have grind through RNG. Why it should be such a chore every time?

Last edited:
And where is the source of the set release date?
EA was supposed to end in a year, as written on the steam community forum a week before the game launched. Year has passed. Game is still absolutely not ready for a *beta* let alone a full release. And Early Access is wonderful because you can just ignore any kind of complaint and slam naysayers with the *DUH, IT'S EARLY ACCESS* stick. Yeah, it's EA alright. We got a barely functional mess after eight years of development.
Gee, I wonder why people would be upset!
Or....said construction company didn't promise you any timeline until it was finished, told you up front that you weren't buying a house that was ready to move into, informed you that the house was a work in progress, and were incredibly patient every time you threw a fit because your house wasn't done yet. They even gave you the option to wait until the house was finished before you made any payment, but YOU insisted on paying full price UP FRONT because you had to buy it asap.
That's where the EA's grey area lies. I'm not saying they are scammers: I'm saying they're piss-poor at both development *AND* communication, both of which are fundamental aspects if you want to run a successful business.
Said "company" (in the case of a real world construction company) is legally responsible when a contract has been signed. Taleworlds is *not* and there lies the issue. If you can't see it and you instead opt for bothering other forum goers, then I don't see what I could tell you which might even make sense to you.

1.6.0 when I loaded a sandbox campaign:

HdSlCOK.png

Red: My character is looking like the nun from the horror movie and these faces appeared.
Yellow: Clan banners that I believe need to be revised.

@Dejan

EA was supposed to end in a year, as written on the steam community forum a week before the game launched. Year has passed. Game is still absolutely not ready for a *beta* let alone a full release. And Early Access is wonderful because you can just ignore any kind of complaint and slam naysayers with the *DUH, IT'S EARLY ACCESS* stick. Yeah, it's EA alright. We got a barely functional mess after eight years of development.
Gee, I wonder why people would be upset!

That's where the EA's grey area lies. I'm not saying they are scammers: I'm saying they're piss-poor at both development *AND* communication, both of which are fundamental aspects if you want to run a successful business.
Said "company" (in the case of a real world construction company) is legally responsible when a contract has been signed. Taleworlds is *not* and there lies the issue. If you can't see it and you instead opt for bothering other forum goers, then I don't see what I could tell you which might even make sense to you.

There's no grey area. They told you it was early access. They told you the price. You bought it. No one forced you to do anything.

If you're not pleased with development that's your fault. You could have waited until the game was out of ea to buy it. Thats on you.

This world is full of people that want to blame someone else for their own bad decisions.

Its not TW's fault you bought ea and don't have the patience to see the process through. Its your fault.

1) Conquest of City quests cancels when i actually took that castle. I summoned the army, i did the siege, i won the siege and the quest was canceled.
2) Smithing.
You removed a console command to unlock all recipes for crafting...Yet, the crafting system is still polluted with good-for-nothing parts, like pommels for javelins and spears. All of these parts i have to unlock through RNG. All kinds of pommels, handles, guards for swords which only have cosmetic differences i have to unlock. Through RNG.
item specifications are being reset to default every time i craft an item. I have to copy-paste an item every time because an alternative to that is to pick item parts manually after each forging.
---
if you touch smithing, then why don't you do that in full? easily 60%+ of crafting parts for weapons do NOTHING.
In BL total value of any action is what brings a player experience. We do more damage, we gain skills faster, which means i will gain more exp swinging two-handed axe rather than using a spear because each swing of an axe does x2 x3 more damage therefore i gain x2 x3 more exp. If we sell a horse we would gain more exp than selling 100 units of grain. If we craft or smelt high-value items it will bring more exp to smithing and the chance to unlock a new recipe will be higher. Crafting some one-handed axe with basic parts would not provide enough exp to smithing and to parts unlock chance because it is not how it works, and yet "The crafting experience and research points needed to unlock new parts gains received from the "Free Build" have been greatly reduced.". Fulfilling the orders from NPCs will never, ever be just as efficient as to simply craft and smelt high-value items.

p.s. oh oh another thing to note. I can't fulfil certain smithing orders from NPC because i simply did not unlock parts needed to fulfil that order and because "The crafting experience and research points needed to unlock new parts gains received from the "Free Build" have been greatly reduced." i still have grind through RNG. Why it should be such a chore every time?

One of the devs has a thread for feedback on the crafting order system, you should post that there:

Wait, are you guys saying inaccessible order UI when enemy retreats IS a design decision? Even though it makes hunting brigades quest a pain in the bottom? Or are you aware of it and just didn't fix it yet? Cause this is the one and only reason I uninstalled 1.5.10 after 10 minutes.
Yes TaleWorlds please do tell if this bug is fixed or not?

A successful Army is a well disciplined Army. I got so tired of 1.5.10 I kicked out all my soldiers and replaced them with Peasants, they did fine and for only 1 Denar.

We need a better system than the current respawn of reinforcements, this is the one reason for me using the damage reduction.

I save before greater battles and often have to replay the battle because Allies walk into a death trap, that exist due to the enemy respawn often being behind them or some exposed flank and sometimes even on top of them. I have battles I gave up on and just simulated the battle.

Do you guys have any idea how bad the AI open field battles are with the respawns? Not only do I lose all my Allies but from an immersion point of view for a fanatic terrain and tactics reader, its heart breaking.

How do you generally deal with reinforcements in the battles? I find that if I am in command of all of the troops I can usually anticipate it, withdrawing and reorganizing to meet the next wave rather than over extend into their spawn. But the AI doesn't seem to understand this at all, and will just continue chasing forever.

Perhaps a solution, for those who can't run battles with 1000+ troops, is an option to make large scale battles more like multiple skirmishes, where you spawn in with the troop limit, there are no reinforcements, afterward you go back out to the campaign map and you can choose to continue the battle or not. This keeps on going until one side runs out of troops. I seem to remember something similar in warband but maybe my memory is failing me here.

This is essentially what people are doing anyway, it seems, by pulling their troops back to their spawn and reforming their lines for another engagement.

Quest is very easy to do. Go after small parties/defeat parties until they are gone... They aren't even running away from you on the campaign map. The reason it may have sucked before was because of all the menu lags and it taking forever. But now the game is so smooth you shouldn't have any trouble doing that quest. Also with a big party there is a big chance the small bandit parties will just surrender to you... quest is totally ok.

Some quick feedback for 1.6.0:

- For what playtime I got, the game seems to to run better on the campaign map and in battles as well. The encyclopedia and party interface (post battle prisoner/recruitment )seem to be lagging the most for me atm.

- I like the crown helmets added. Overall I find the quality of the new items that were added in the last patches to be very good. Shoutout to the art team, keep up the good work!

I feel like there is a definite niche for prestige items to be had in BL, maybe even with different ways to get and different uses; this post has some ideas for anyone interested.

There's no grey area. They told you it was early access. They told you the price. You bought it. No one forced you to do anything.

If you're not pleased with development that's your fault. You could have waited until the game was out of ea to buy it. Thats on you.

This world is full of people that want to blame someone else for their own bad decisions.

Its not TW's fault you bought ea and don't have the patience to see the process through. Its your fault.
Legally speaking, Early Access *IS* absolutely a grey area. Being a recently introduced concept, it still benefits from having no totally specific consumer law applied to it. This is not debatable, ask anyone you might now with just a modicum of knowledge in that field and they'll gladly confirm that is the case.
Don't misunderstand me, I haven't pre-ordered or bought anything before full release since... Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand. Was burned there, didn't repeat the mistake. As for Early Access, you literally just told me that I'm a person who "blame someone else for his own bad decision."
So... it was a bad decision after all, wasn't it? Why would you defend a studio which created a game you label as a "bad decision" from the consumer side? Baffling.
And is it also my fault that Taleworlds is clearly a subpar developer studio? Is it my fault they are legitimately working on an Elephant DLC while the game is still barely playable and still in Early Access? Ignoring the UI gamebreaking slowdowns for months?
As for patience, don't worry. I have plenty of other things to do, you know, work and family? And before you say (because I know the likes of you well enough, having been active on various forums since the early 2000s) "You have still time to complain on the forum..." Yeah. Yeah, it's my spare time and I'm going to spend the way I want to. I've played M&B since around 2012, I care about the franchise. Seeing it like this is, quite honestly, disheartening.

Back
Top Bottom