Beta Patch Notes e1.5.0

Users who are viewing this thread

It looks like cavalry units are performing really bad in 1.5.0. They have never been great but cav is worse in 1.5.0 and it looks as bad as it was in release. The new AI target selection has probably something to do with this.

Again had a crash when trying to besiege a town, after the battefield finishes loading. It's an existing e1.4.3 playthrough tho, not a brand new one. Reference number for the crash logs + save file is the following :

2020-08-21_05.10.20_a909483b5240d1131fb2f29806683410
I am not sure if it's a good idea to use 1.4.3 saves. I would try to run a new 1.5.0 campaign and see if that crashes too. You can still revert back to your old saves if it does.
I know that you might have a progression you would like to keep but I already accepted the fact that I will start a new play-through with each major patch release ...

As a few others have said, village quests are more difficult to find - they seem to dry up - for a long time, 100+ days - if you focus on an area (e.g. Battania), but are available elsewhere. Much fewer 'extortion by deserters' quests (which are also tougher, which is fine), which is a shame...

Seen one village with no notable at all.

Caravans seem odd; a Spicevendor made +50 or so twice in three or four weeks, while a Horsethief was making 400-500 most days.

It looks like cavalry units are performing really bad in 1.5.0. They have never been great but cav is worse in 1.5.0 and it looks as bad as it was in release. The new AI target selection has probably something to do with this.
Yeah I had a lancer pull his sword on me as I closed in on him just now. On my end I feel like they are getting stuck in infantry easier on advance. I'm gonna keep watching but I usually do fallow me and advance and they do pretty well, but not today, it's been rough. I got some beni royals so I don't want to lose them.

For me they are pretty well when they are in a group of 10+ but less than that and they act stupid.

For me they are pretty well when they are in a group of 10+ but less than that and they act stupid.

I have done some test battles where I use 50 banner knights or so against AI parties in campaign, and I am noticing a worse performance for cavalry units in 1.5.0. I cannot upload videos until next week though because I am going to be out this weekend.

I have done some test battles where I use 50 banner knights or so against AI parties in campaign, and I am noticing a worse performance for cavalry units in 1.5.0. I cannot upload videos until next week though because I am going to be out this weekend.

Ok I'll also look into their battle behaviour with more attention to check it.

Ok I'll also look into their battle behaviour with more attention to check it.

What I have detected is that cav units are worse at couching and hitting targets in general.

I have also noticed that maybe they are preferring one handed weapon over lance eventually but still not totally sure about this last point.

Don't know if this was mentioned, but there are some helms that are without textures. (and there are more, but i did screen only this)
unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Last edited:
As a few others have said, village quests are more difficult to find - they seem to dry up - for a long time, 100+ days - if you focus on an area (e.g. Battania), but are available elsewhere. Much fewer 'extortion by deserters' quests (which are also tougher, which is fine), which is a shame...
I wonder if there's a 'maximum number of available quests' (separately for villages vs towns?) as well as perhaps a cooldown from a specific quest-giving notable, and as you focus on an area that causes quests to 'dry up' in that area, but move elsewhere. As I've taken and cleared a few quests further afield, they seem to be re-generating back in my 'focus area' again.

okay, after the 1.5.0 21/08/20 hotfix all my saves stoped working. But i am playing with couple of QOL mods, so its all my fault. May be next year, then

Anyone else having an issue where even small numbers of cav will try to sit so close they constantly fidget?
Yes every battle they start in little huddle and I have to move them and sometimes they still do it.

Thanks for all the bug reports. Forwarded them.
If you are reporting a bug, please head over to our Technical Support section for Bannerlord.
I've been having crashes but I haven't made a report thread because It's consistent Inconsistent, but I've sent the dumps so hope that helps.

Last edited:

Seen one village with no notable at all.

Caravans seem odd; a Spicevendor made +50 or so twice in three or four weeks, while a Horsethief was making 400-500 most days.

I have noticed this as well. Very difficult to find quests and there are frequently 0-1 notables in villages.

Has TW considered some sort of indicator similar to the Settlement Icons mod?

Back
Top Bottom