best lords

Users who are viewing this thread

kjeltringen

Sergeant
Just wondering who you feel are the best lords, in battle to be more specific.
My picks would be Alexis, Brennus and Mansour Bey even though the former two are douches. Brennus I can forgive however since he is just so bad.

for me, there are 3 of companions - sir Roland, Ansen and Boadice...  :roll:

all of them noble, all can have party's 200+ and all of then (after right training) got really good soldiers, some unique

from the regular lords, I don't care really - in M&b 'number' is the key

I was thinking more like who has the most pure combat power. Agathon used to own when he had immortals as household troops, now I don't know. Always recruit him though, top 5 in my list a far as lords go

Here is one perspective on the strongest lords, based on projected army size:

http://s32.postimg.org/y1f0zmbc5/lord_ideal_party_size.jpg

The Fierdsvain lords with good household troops will be the strongest, if you recruit them and convert them to D'Shar or Sarleon culture (combining their HH troops with Scorpion Assassins or KotL).

See this link for an extensive discussion for all game mechanics relating to AI lords: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=350355.0

this is an old topic but i was just thinking about it today. i pretty much go for lords with unique/household troops first, aside from companions i really like empire and ravenstern lords. empire you've got agathon legatus with his new iron circle centurions, kyros dux with his shadow legion centurions, and titus legatus (if you can convince this sadistic bastard to join you) with his phoenix knights.  ravenstern you've got 2 lords that have badass rangers, adarian has silvermist and aldemar has iceguard rangers.

caliph hamid used to have like 80 scorpion assassins but i think this was removed in 3.8 and wasn't replaced with anything :sad:

Seen him in the start of the game with 50+ Ghazi Dervishes. Not as OP as old assassins ofc, but still very dangerous troops. (and such amount of dervishes are very rare, normal lords  have like couple  of them at the beginning )

Hanikura said:
Seen him in the start of the game with 50+ Ghazi Dervishes. Not as OP as old assassins ofc, but still very dangerous troops. (and such amount of dervishes are very rare, normal lords  have like couple  of them at the beginning )

ah yes i believe you're correct. dervishes replaced blademasters right? makes sense for them to be rare - blademasters were great too. i think faridar khan used to carry them as a household troop. wonder if he got the dervishes as well

• Tier S+: Agathon Legathus (this one is imo the best one of all, those Centurions + his Upstanding personality just makes up for him), Kyros Dux, Count Ivanus
  • Tier S: Earl Sigimund Stonehand, Jarl Gundur Doomseeker, Rafik Bey, Caliph Hamid
  • Tier A: Duke Adarian, Duke Aldemar, Justus Dux, Caliph Hamid, Kaivan Khan, Rafik Bey, Baron Hereward, Duke Aelfwine, Duke Alamar

I ignored bad personalities (they are never worth having), and took into consideration for their spot in the list their personality, renown range, trainer leadership and level, as well as if they have special units with them or not.

If you are unsure why i placed x lord in x tier, just feel free to ask! Its not something fixed and people may have their own favourite ones, but i think that list is realistic. It is worth mentioning that i didnt consider their 1v1 potential, i did as lords (where autocalc is used and their stats difference within a >100 army is almost null), where the Fierdsvain shines over the rest, with some lords even reaching 450-460 proficiencies with good weapons.

Ralyks18 said:
  • Tier S+: Agathon Legathus (this one is imo the best one of all, those Centurions + his Upstanding personality just makes up for him), Kyros Dux, Count Ivanus
  • Tier S: Earl Sigimund Stonehand, Jarl Gundur Doomseeker, Rafik Bey, Caliph Hamid
  • Tier A: Duke Adarian, Duke Aldemar, Justus Dux, Caliph Hamid, Kaivan Khan, Rafik Bey, Baron Hereward, Duke Aelfwine, Duke Alamar

I ignored bad personalities (they are never worth having), and took into consideration for their spot in the list their personality, renown range, trainer leadership and level, as well as if they have special units with them or not.

If you are unsure why i placed x lord in x tier, just feel free to ask! Its not something fixed and people may have their own favourite ones, but i think that list is realistic. It is worth mentioning that i didnt consider their 1v1 potential, i did as lords (where autocalc is used and their stats difference within a >100 army is almost null), where the Fierdsvain shines over the rest, with some lords even reaching 450-460 proficiencies with good weapons.

bad personalities are a pain to deal with but a lot of the evil lords have great troops (like titus legatus, duke brennus and duke alexis). 

BTW you put Rafik Bey in both Tier S and Tier A, does he have a unique troop?

riraito. said:
caliph hamid used to have like 80 scorpion assassins but i think this was removed in 3.8 and wasn't replaced with anything :sad:
For the record - I begged PoP developers twice to give him assassins back. :smile:
He still uses them at the start as a lord of Ishkoman though, AFAIR.

riraito. said:
Ralyks18 said:

bad personalities are a pain to deal with but a lot of the evil lords have great troops (like titus legatus, duke brennus and duke alexis). 

BTW you put Rafik Bey in both Tier S and Tier A, does he have a unique troop?

No, he doesnt, he should be somewhere in between those, probably closer to A. He has high training, leadership, renown ranges and good natured personality. Doesnt fall off in anything, yup, he doesnt have any special troops, but as a lord is one to consider.

Leonion said:
riraito. said:
For the record - I begged PoP developers twice to give him assassins back. :smile:
He still uses them at the start as a lord of Ishkoman though, AFAIR.

The troop got replaced, so i bet he will be having now extra D'Shar Ghazi Dervish or D'Shar Ghazi Spearman, which aint that bad. I agree he should be having the Scorpions back, but devs decide.

No one has mentioned Lethaldrian yet? really? You lot don't like noldor troops as allies or something?

Personally, I never made companions lords in PoP. Well, except for the very first game which I pretty much screwed up. I did make Leth a lord in that game but didn't like him in that role.

I find companions a lot more useful as companions. Plus even without them there is plenty of good lords in PoP to "fill" all the fiefs of my kingdom.

Also Leth is cunning which is not the best personality.

Leonion said:
Personally, I never made companions lords in PoP. Well, except for the very first game which I pretty much screwed up. I did make Leth a lord in that game but didn't like him in that role.

I find companions a lot more useful as companions. Plus even without them there is plenty of good lords in PoP to "fill" all the fiefs of my kingdom.

Also Leth is cunning which is not the best personality.
If you prepare some of your companions you can drop a "lord bomb" the day you found your Kingdom. Surely a matter of taste but not a bad approach I say.

I dont' use lords in general but Leth is quite strong if you get him to 100 quickly. At that point his personality does not impact relations.

Graf Zeppelin said:
If you prepare some of your companions you can drop a "lord bomb" the day you found your Kingdom.
Before starting my own kingdom I usually have good relations with lords.
Just several days - and I find and persuade at least one third of the lords of my former faction to join me.

I like having Frederick and Donovan as lords (getting rid of them, even though Frederick is awesome) I agree with Ralyks list mostly, though I can go for a  retarded lord with unique troops (I like my unique troops alright, and Brennus and Alexis does have their own unique charm)

Agathon, to the point that I'm married to his daughter and best friends with him and his son. Kyros Dux and Duke Alamar have my vote as well

Back
Top Bottom