best hack, slash & slay battle simulator evaR!!

Users who are viewing this thread

catsoup

Veteran
You've sure heared of Die by the Sword, treyreach's 1997 hack and slash game with crappy graphics for todays standards, but with great gameplay with full control over the sword-arm, limb severing and decaptivation and marvellous battlecries, but well, it's old - Don't stop reading - Recently (2 years ago actually) a mod was released allowing custom battles with up to 40 participants, something that was impossible with 1997 hardware. Now that is sheer fun, limbs lying everywhere, that is the best medieval battle feeling I had. It has things M&B lacks (but also lacks some things M&B has) but still, it's something you can't miss if you love mount and blade but still think it could use a little more violence! It could be also a source of ideas for m&b, Armagan  :wink:
The mod, at dbts.de allows easily creating custom battles using the games actors and giving them simple orders like charge, guard some location or some other actor. Give it a try!!!

Couldn't find it on HOTU (Though if anyone can I'd 'ppreciate a link.)

Poked around the internet for 10 minutes for it though, no luck.

I used to have it, I remember it being awesome  :sad:

It is currently not present on The Underdogs, however after allthewebing a little I've found 't on two russian abadonware sites. Would be posting them here worth a ban for me?

CrazyEyes said:
*foaming at the mouth* POST IT GOD DAMMIT!

EDIT: Uhh.... they have it for download on FILEPLANET...
That's the demo. :smile: Just wait for 2 more mods to show up and give a blessing. :wink: You know it's like russian roulette. Woud'ya post it if PM'd it to you?

Die by the Sword isn't abandonware unfortunately.

The rights are still held by the developer (Tetryarch).

So there's a chance we could get into trouble by posting a link to the game. Mind you, Amazon are claiming to have it for around $5, and you can pick up incredibly cheap copies courtesy of Ebay...

Archonsod said:
Die by the Sword isn't abandonware unfortunately.

The rights are still held by the developer (Tetryarch).

So there's a chance we could get into trouble by posting a link to the game. Mind you, Amazon are claiming to have it for around $5, and you can pick up incredibly cheap copies courtesy of Ebay...
Aww, no  :mad: you couldave kept it in secret  :lol: :razz: :???: :cry:

Yeah, I realized it was a demo when I read the readme, because I couldn't get it to work. Is Fileplanet so desperate for someone to see their waiting-in-line ads that they're lying about whether their games are demos or not? The title just said "Die by the Sword", not "demo"...

Back
Top Bottom