Belgae Confederacy

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Super creepy.  Damn creepy Belgae and their strange women.  Though, on a more serious note, I don't know much about them other than their being a northern Celtic culture that expanded into the British Isles from Gallia Belgica.  I'd love to learn more about these guys.

ealabor said:
I am going to put these guys on hold for a while.

I'm about to do the dirty job of making LODs for the items.

Max has a neat modifier that does exactly this. Iirc it's called MultiRes. You can set a % of verts (where the full detail model is 100% obviously) to mathematically generate LODs. It does a fairly ok job, I don't see why making LODs has to be a dirty job. :smile: More like 5 mins of work with some possible manual tweaking.

Just my 2 cents, although I realise you quite possibly already knew that.

I looked at this thread because I'm from Belgium. Also, on the smoking thing, that's the Dutch, not the Belgians.

Highelf said:
ealabor said:
I am going to put these guys on hold for a while.

I'm about to do the dirty job of making LODs for the items.

Max has a neat modifier that does exactly this. Iirc it's called MultiRes. You can set a % of verts (where the full detail model is 100% obviously) to mathematically generate LODs. It does a fairly ok job, I don't see why making LODs has to be a dirty job. :smile: More like 5 mins of work with some possible manual tweaking.

Ya I said it already. http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,50999.msg2292103.html#msg2292103

It makes it so easy, that when I made units for RTW, I immediately also made the three additional LODS.

Highelf said:

Hmm, no I did not know that. Had actually downloaded blender yesterday for the process of "decimate".

Seems MultiRes it requires 3Dmax? which I do not have though.

tFighterPilot said:
Ya I said it already. http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,50999.msg2292103.html#msg2292103

I did not notice that. One of the negative marks of trying to sort through off topic garbage posts  :sad:

SwissHalberdier said:
Super creepy.  Damn creepy Belgae and their strange women.  Though, on a more serious note, I don't know much about them other than their being a northern Celtic culture that expanded into the British Isles from Gallia Belgica.  I'd love to learn more about these guys.

My mother is from Belgium, they just were brave, being creepy is a 3rd person perspective, for them you would be super creepy too, but i know you mean no offense so let's say they were special.

maverick47 said:
SwissHalberdier said:

My mother is from Belgium, they just were brave, being creepy is a 3rd person perspective, for them you would be super creepy too, but i know you mean no offense so let's say they were special.

I was just screwing around.

ealabor said:
Highelf said:

Hmm, no I did not know that. Had actually downloaded blender yesterday for the process of "decimate".

Seems MultiRes it requires 3Dmax? which I do not have though.

tFighterPilot said:

I did not notice that. One of the negative marks of trying to sort through off topic garbage posts  :sad:
Yup, it's a feature in 3D Studio Max. It does the whole process automatically. You just set the percentage of polys and it generates a new model.

edit: If you want, I can help with that. Just send the models to me in 3ds format and I'll make lods.

Kmovies said:
belgians existed in that era out of asterix&obelix comics? i thought they were gauls...
"Gaul" would be a term for a whole slew of different tribes. You'd be looking at  Menapii, Nervii, Arverni, Senones, Vangiones, Allobroges and a big-ass list of others. Link and link. :smile:

As far as I know, the Belgae were Celto-Germanic peoples living in the most north part of Gaul. The Belgians living now are the descendents of those and of Germanic tribes mass-migrating to the area.

As far as I know, the Belgae were Celto-Germanic peoples living in the most north part of Gaul. The Belgians living now are the descendents of those and of Germanic tribes mass-migrating to the area.
The mainly question is: How did they live ?
The Belgian and the West-Germans speak Celtic, use some Celtic objects and they are similar with the Gauls. The Belgians for Jean-Louis Brunaux come from the Central Europa (South Germany, Austria, Hungary) and they are Celtic, different with the Gauls but Celtic. The West-Germans are the new invaders during the second century BC, they are mixed with the Celts in the North (Netherlands, Belgium) and in Central Europa (Austria, Switzerland). The Cimbri and the Teutones are totally Celtic when they begin the war against Rome, the Germans are really less numerous than the Celts because several Celtic tribes come with them. The West-Germans come by small group in the Celtic regions to plunder and especially to settle. After two century, the Germanic becomes more important than the Celtic and the languages change. The Gallic Wars contributed much to this change, destroying the Celtic identity.

Thus before the first century AD, the West-Germans and the Northern Celts are similar.

Here, several articles in French on the Germans warriors (AD):
http://www.limitis.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5&Itemid=7

Gosh darn it, I love it when you guys go, "As far as I know"
You know yourself. Please, when you get that Master's Degree in ancient history, come on back here and enlighten us with more as far as I know phrases. Maybe, JUST MAYBE, E has already done the research he really needs and is tweaking the rest of this mod so we can play it? Discuss.

People say "As far as i know" because they don't want to come off as know it all assholes and besides, no one can truly know everything about history we can only work with what we've got unless someone wants to go ahead and invent a time machine.

azrael23 said:
People say "As far as i know" because they don't want to come off as know it all assholes and besides, no one can truly know everything about history we can only work with what we've got unless someone wants to go ahead and invent a time machine.

Yeah, no one can know history for sure, but you do realize that all this side chatter is only to make the waiting less painful. Its the waiting that really gets me.

azrael23 said:

i'm sorry if i offended u..and i'm sorry cuz i was mistaken, the crossbow was invented in circa 600 or 500 BC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom