Been putting this off for way too long. [HELP?]

Users who are viewing this thread

Aragton450

Recruit
Hello guys, I've been putting it off WAY too long to make a forum account on here [yes I was lazy] I'd like to introduce myself, as you see I spelled my username wrong; Aragton instead of Aragon. [So if a mod could help me that'd be great]

But anyway, I got Warband a few years back and I'm quite ashamed and very embarrassed to say that when I played the game I used cheats WAY too much, just recently I've been trying to play without cheats with Floris Mod Pack & Perisno, I also have some "Experience" with Prophecy of Pendor.

The main thing is how do I stop? Cheats are apparently super addicting and apparently they got me under their thumb, I want to play legitly but it's hard to stop.

Though even though I started to stop spaming CTRL + F4 [except when it's an army of 1000 or I'm just tired in general] I DID become a better melee fighter over all but still have alot to learn.

So I have a few questions... [Also if this is in the wrong catagory just notify me or move it please? I just registered this like 5 minutes ago]

1. How do I stop the addictive cheating?

2. Tips on how to start playing? [Perisno? No Perisno? Floris Mod Pack Probably?]

3. What Tier troops should I use to start fighting Sea Raiders? [if Native/Floris Mod Pack]

4. How exactly do I make a decent income that doesn't seem like I'm getting nothing [Trading...Never see any difference]

5. Due to the Rhodoks bordering with the Sarrinaid Sultinate and the Kingdom of Swadians is it alright to get my troops from two factions? [Spearmen & Sharpshooters, Infantry & Cavalry?]

6. How is the Sarrinaid Mameluke OP?

Sorry for all these questions guys, and sorry for being a huge bother. T_T

1. Cheating is a mindset thing. It never appealed to me since I'm grownup and there has never been a reason to stop. However, what I do is play with reduced damage and saving because I like to try different things. I would hardly take any risks if it weren't for saving. Reduced damage because I'm not an FPS kind of person and more into the strategic aspects of the game.

I find that with these settings there is essentially no need to use any cheats at all.

2. After so many years you should know if you wish to use any mods. After a longer pause i find Native Warband entertaining.

3. Depending also on the size of your group and your equipment. You can even take recruits, order them to stand and watch you singlehandedly take out small groups of sea raiders. If they have to take part in the fighting they should be around tier three to better survive.

4. There are really just a few goods worth trading with. there is a guide in the stickies. Apart from that. Keep your group small to be cheap and fast. Travel around and win tournaments and buy enterprises in every city. You can sustain several hundred top tier troops with that kind of income.

5. As no faction is best in all groups, it's advisable to hire different faction groups if you aim for the perfect setup. You may also stick to just one faction for roleplaying reasons.

6. The Mamelukes are not OP. They are the single outstanding good troop from the Sarranids. I consider the swadian knight superior. My first few playthroughs I had pure swadian troops. However, nowadays I roll around with Nord Huscarls and Vaegir Marksmen. Also a deadly combination against most foes.

Sequester said:
1. Cheating is a mindset thing. It never appealed to me since I'm grownup and there has never been a reason to stop. However, what I do is play with reduced damage and saving because I like to try different things. I would hardly take any risks if it weren't for saving. Reduced damage because I'm not an FPS kind of person and more into the strategic aspects of the game.

I find that with these settings there is essentially no need to use any cheats at all.

2. After so many years you should know if you wish to use any mods. After a longer pause i find Native Warband entertaining.

3. Depending also on the size of your group and your equipment. You can even take recruits, order them to stand and watch you singlehandedly take out small groups of sea raiders. If they have to take part in the fighting they should be around tier three to better survive.

4. There are really just a few goods worth trading with. there is a guide in the stickies. Apart from that. Keep your group small to be cheap and fast. Travel around and win tournaments and buy enterprises in every city. You can sustain several hundred top tier troops with that kind of income.

5. As no faction is best in all groups, it's advisable to hire different faction groups if you aim for the perfect setup. You may also stick to just one faction for roleplaying reasons.

6. The Mamelukes are not OP. They are the single outstanding good troop from the Sarranids. I consider the swadian knight superior. My first few playthroughs I had pure swadian troops. However, nowadays I roll around with Nord Huscarls and Vaegir Marksmen. Also a deadly combination against most foes.

Alright then a few hours back [four or so] I started playing legit [Floris Mod Pack] and the only things I gave myself illegit were:

5 Swadian Man-At-Arms
5 Rhodok Sharpshooters
5 Rhodok Sergents
5 Swadian Sergents

I also used the Character Exploitation to max out Persuasion, Trade, Foraging [Floris Mod Pack], and Athletics, along with 100 proficiency with each weapon. [and all the other skills on 0 I gave myself 1 each]

Within those 4 hours, I only had 1 Rhodok Sergent, 2-3 Swadian Man-at-arms left, and I think 1 Swadian Sergent.  All of that because of a dumb 200+ Forest Bandit Warband.

The main problem I have; How do I quickly level up my troops, as either it's hard for me to find bandits or they're all in a big war party.

Another thing is I can never manage to get to do quests for villages except 2-3 Swadian Villages.

Currently I am a mercenary with Dyes Enterprise in Praven & Sargoth, 1 Oil Enterprise in Shariz, and 1 Ironworks enterprise in Curaw to easily give me 1,200 Denars per week to support my 83 person "army" which consists of 4-6 Nords, LOTS of Swadian Footmen, & Rhodok Spearmen & Crossbowmen.

So how exactly do I level them up quickly? [I have something like level 12+ Training stacked]

I thought you said you wanted to stop cheating. Giving yourself skillpoints and stats is cheating, and so is giving yourself troops.

Other than that M&B's underlying mechanics means nothing is static. An army will take losses, some fights will be lost, trade will be imperfect and politics will always be unstable. That's the point. You're meant to ride the wave, not control everything perfectly.

An army in M&B requires a steady flow of recruits to maintain the ranks, to train them quickly they need to see actual action. If you use only your cavalry, then infantry will tier up slowly et cetera. If you use only your high-tier troops in the front line, then low-tier troops will train slowly. By slowly increasing army size as more and more troops reach max tier you'll constantly be holding an army that packs a heavy punch for its size. A big army full of low-tier troops is extremely weak... it can't catch up to the warbands it can beat, and the fights it will be chased down for will always be lost.

However, depending on your character type, even too big armies with high-tier troops can be an extreme weakness. I'll leave it up to you to figure out why.

Aragton450 said:
Hello guys, I've been putting it off WAY too long to make a forum account on here [yes I was lazy] I'd like to introduce myself, as you see I spelled my username wrong; Aragton instead of Aragon. [So if a mod could help me that'd be great]
Drop this guy a PM about a namechange http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?action=profile;u=15039

tindebroed said:
I thought you said you wanted to stop cheating. Giving yourself skillpoints and stats is cheating, and so is giving yourself troops.

Other than that M&B's underlying mechanics means nothing is static. An army will take losses, some fights will be lost, trade will be imperfect and politics will always be unstable. That's the point. You're meant to ride the wave, not control everything perfectly.

An army in M&B requires a steady flow of recruits to maintain the ranks, to train them quickly they need to see actual action. If you use only your cavalry, then infantry will tier up slowly et cetera. If you use only your high-tier troops in the front line, then low-tier troops will train slowly. By slowly increasing army size as more and more troops reach max tier you'll constantly be holding an army that packs a heavy punch for its size. A big army full of low-tier troops is extremely weak... it can't catch up to the warbands it can beat, and the fights it will be chased down for will always be lost.

However, depending on your character type, even too big armies with high-tier troops can be an extreme weakness. I'll leave it up to you to figure out why.

I know, though I'm a complete noob & newbie at the game I want to give myself some advantage, to start off, at least I'm not using the CTRL + Cheats anymore [unless some sort of glitch happens like when I bet tournaments and won I got no money, thus I found it unfair and gave myself what I SHOULD have won due to the game being glitched there]

My take is why stop. The more ways you play the more fun. I love playing with my lvl 62 cheater who owns almost the whole map -- and my poor little non-cheater who just got his first castle. Both at about the same number of days.

The game is to have fun. Do that whether you cheat or play at the hardest difficulty.

Personally I don't see a problem with cheating considering how much the game is cheating against me.
So I only cheat when I see the game beating me with a cheat.
For example when Im forced to fight a 4 handed enemy armed with a shield a sword and a 2 handed axe, I auto resolve it with ctrl-altF4. Or when an enemy manages to hit me in the sea of my own huscarls, than yes I know I already won the battle and need not waste time since all the enemy got against me is petty cheating.

Why don't you just uncheck the 'enable Cheat' box in the launcher to prevent cheating?
Really, the satisfaction of knowing your progress is legit is worth it.

Play at reduced damage for a while if you're struggling so much, or try a start in Native for a few game months so you get the hang of the early game. Floris can be tricky if you don't know what you're doing in the opening stage.

Aragton450 said:

But anyway, I got Warband a few years back and I'm quite ashamed and very embarrassed to say that when I played the game I used cheats WAY too much, just recently I've been trying to play without cheats with Floris Mod Pack & Perisno, I also have some "Experience" with Prophecy of Pendor.

The main thing is how do I stop? Cheats are apparently super addicting and apparently they got me under their thumb, I want to play legitly but it's hard to stop.

Though even though I started to stop spaming CTRL + F4 [except when it's an army of 1000 or I'm just tired in general] I DID become a better melee fighter over all but still have alot to learn.

So I have a few questions... [Also if this is in the wrong catagory just notify me or move it please? I just registered this like 5 minutes ago]

2. Tips on how to start playing? [Perisno? No Perisno? Floris Mod Pack Probably?]

3. What Tier troops should I use to start fighting Sea Raiders? [if Native/Floris Mod Pack]

4. How exactly do I make a decent income that doesn't seem like I'm getting nothing [Trading...Never see any difference]

5. Due to the Rhodoks bordering with the Sarrinaid Sultinate and the Kingdom of Swadians is it alright to get my troops from two factions? [Spearmen & Sharpshooters, Infantry & Cavalry?]

Id like to give my own reply to your questions:

I never actually used cheats in warband. It's not really my style and im always looking to make games harder not easier. That's me and not you though. If using cheats makes your game more enjoyable then why stop? Perhaps have two games and play one as you like and the second is your "hardcore" game where you play without cheats and take every hit as it comes (sux but when you're doing well it's more rewarding, which is why I do it).

My favourite mod is Sword of Damocles, for both M&B and Warband. PoP is hard for me to succeed at so for you playing without cheats it will suck I think. If you wanna become a better warrior then why not stick with vanilla (or floris as you mentioned, although floris is harder than native from my short experience with it)

I love playing as nords (or antarians in SoD) and even tier 1 nords have a fighting chance vs sea raiders. You need equal (or greater) numbers and you need to do some fighting yourself. I was never a fan of archery but since i started to use it, it's useful even at low level to pick off a few enemies. You + 12 lvl 1 nords vs 7 sea raiders is better than you + 12 lvl 1 nords vs 9 sea raiders and you should win.

It's important to get your men to hold position and attack as a group for this to work.

Early on, a good way to get money is by "forcing villagers to give you items". You need to wait a game day or two before villages have anything to take but from then on it's a relaiable source of income. Having a high looting skill with your character or a companion (i use klethi) is also useful. Just pump her agility. Mods like SoD level your companions as you level which makes this easier. When you have a strong army - (depends on your battle size limits, 20-30 huscarls in a 70 man party is plenty for vanilla - you can lootburn villages and take all their stuff which nets you around 5k every time. It's also a good way to level troops as if you get attacked whilst looting, the enemy lords army will all be on foot and watered down with farmers.

Whatever suits you man! I prefer just using one factions troops usually.

They are pretty strong cav :wink:

its no bother man

robbyg said:
Aragton450 said:

Id like to give my own reply to your questions:

I never actually used cheats in warband. It's not really my style and im always looking to make games harder not easier. That's me and not you though. If using cheats makes your game more enjoyable then why stop? Perhaps have two games and play one as you like and the second is your "hardcore" game where you play without cheats and take every hit as it comes (sux but when you're doing well it's more rewarding, which is why I do it).

My favourite mod is Sword of Damocles, for both M&B and Warband. PoP is hard for me to succeed at so for you playing without cheats it will suck I think. If you wanna become a better warrior then why not stick with vanilla (or floris as you mentioned, although floris is harder than native from my short experience with it)

I love playing as nords (or antarians in SoD) and even tier 1 nords have a fighting chance vs sea raiders. You need equal (or greater) numbers and you need to do some fighting yourself. I was never a fan of archery but since i started to use it, it's useful even at low level to pick off a few enemies. You + 12 lvl 1 nords vs 7 sea raiders is better than you + 12 lvl 1 nords vs 9 sea raiders and you should win.

It's important to get your men to hold position and attack as a group for this to work.

Early on, a good way to get money is by "forcing villagers to give you items". You need to wait a game day or two before villages have anything to take but from then on it's a relaiable source of income. Having a high looting skill with your character or a companion (i use klethi) is also useful. Just pump her agility. Mods like SoD level your companions as you level which makes this easier. When you have a strong army - (depends on your battle size limits, 20-30 huscarls in a 70 man party is plenty for vanilla - you can lootburn villages and take all their stuff which nets you around 5k every time. It's also a good way to level troops as if you get attacked whilst looting, the enemy lords army will all be on foot and watered down with farmers.

Whatever suits you man! I prefer just using one factions troops usually.

They are pretty strong cav :wink:

its no bother man

Thanks dude  :smile:

New update though, I tried the Floris Mod Pack  Companion Export and I kinda abused it there xD I made them less than vassal worth of Weapon proficiencies and Jeremus an OP piece of crap if he ever needs to go into combat. [That's why it's there! Lel]

I gave myself 20k to upgrade my soldiers which I needed to upgrade and I used the extra to buy gear. Though I was stupid enough to not leave any for more enterprises T_T

I think I'll be playing Floris Mod Pack and other mods a Semi-Legit game with sometimes a few boosts here and there as I partially focus on the strategic aspect of the game, I like the sandbox, RPG, and army tactical bit.

I DO have cheats turned off though without them I'd die in PoP.

So far I have Jayek & Ruvar as my fiefs and I want to try and get a castle, but apparently "It's not proper for vassals to not follow me." or nearby vassals near the fief I want to take don't want to "shed the blood of their men while I watch."

With Ruvar & Jayek both poor villages and 3-4 enterprises I make about 1.2k per week [I make nearly 2k but we're at war with the Vaegirs]

Also are there any other fantasy like mods that could be interesting like Perisno or PoP?

One more thing, I remember I think in an old diplomacy version that there was a heirloom and death thing going on.

Is there a mod where you can heirloom an item [or a few] where they grow powerful over time? Along with if playing long enough the character dies and the item passes on the the next character you make?

One last thing XD is there some sort of mod with more of a plot to M&BWB for that roleplaying feeling? [I love roleplaying]

Excuse my double-posting.

Been doing AWESOME! <3

Traded in Ruvar for Azgad AND I SINGLE-HANDEDLY CONQUERED PRAVEN with 99-102 soldiers and they had 250+! Since The Kingdom of Swadia ALWAYS FALLS IN FLORIS it was owned by the Rhodoks!

It feels so much different when you legitly conquer a town with no cheats. Like seriously! I'm doing so well! On top of that with quick recruiting and all of that I managed to FINALLY raise up a cavalry unit in my army! [Before it was no more than 8]

This is my army:

Swadian Man-At-Arms/Knights
Nord Infantry
Rhodok Crossbowmen

What I used to conquer

48 Nord Warriors, 16 or so veterans, 3 huscarls
8 Sharpshooters [my whole archer an hour or two back]
I of course also had some random spawning cavalry

And of Course.

Firentis
Baheshtur
Edwyn [Floris]
Bunduk

It feels so GOOD to conquer legitly! Also my RTR is near 30 I plan on going to war with the Swads if there is any of them left. Praven [thanks to floris] has a garrison of 450 mostly Tier 1-3

It DOES feel good to conquer legit, huh?

You can upgrade your items in SoD (sword of damocles). You just need iron/tools and money and a town/castle with a blacksmith (you dont have to own it).

In the original M&B version, you can send out honour troops to recover lost artifacts - and you will get a ful set of kingly gear depending on what faction you chose.

Nice, also new update I started my own faction! Day 310 or so! Marrieed to lady afrid and own Suno and balani's castle. Recently made a Perisno game and only managed to give me my starting enterprises and top tier troops.

Having more fun than ever!

Forum Community,

I think it is about time we initiate a petition to get Aragton450 banned from these forums. He is a blatant cheater and persistently trying to get us to buckle to his way of ruining the game. I don't want to see this community fall apart to this kind of underhanded mischief. It is ridiculous, we have been slaving away through the ups and downs since 2008 to make our game what they were.. through long hours and nail biting conflicts. We decided to make ourselves better by it, wiser, and stronger for it! Now he wants to come troll his way around with all these cheat talks and non sense about not being able to play like the rest of us.

It will be a bad trend we allow here, one that will grow entirely, to out of hand.

pXgamer said:
Forum Community,

I think it is about time we initiate a petition to get Aragton450 banned from these forums. He is a blatant cheater and persistently trying to get us to buckle to his way of ruining the game. I don't want to see this community fall apart to this kind of underhanded mischief. It is ridiculous, we have been slaving away through the ups and downs since 2008 to make our game what they were.. through long hours and nail biting conflicts. We decided to make ourselves better by it, wiser, and stronger for it! Now he wants to come troll his way around with all these cheat talks and non sense about not being able to play like the rest of us.

It will be a bad trend we allow here, one that will grow entirely, to out of hand.

That's completely ridiculous.

He's playing single player and so is free to do any cheating he likes. Obviously not the most cunning fox in the forest, but who cares how other people play single player games? Even talking about "cheating" in single player is nonsense really, other than as a technical term for certain commands.

If there is any trend that shouldn't be allowed to grow, it's this kind of nonsensical witch hunts to ban other players.

pXgamer said:
Forum Community,

Excuse me? I do not see how I am trying to force anyone on how I am cheating, I am merely stating that  I like to play with a bit of help as I focus a LOT on the RPG aspect. As well I don't see how I am trolling at all? One more thing I'm not a "blatant" cheater I used to be but now I like that bit of cheat along with the normal game itself. Many people have opinions and statements some are rude likes yours, where-as others are true in a form of manner. I DO agree on those nail biting conflicts, I've had them too.

Do me a favour, stay permanently banned.

Just ignore him. He's a troll and any response feeds him.  Trolls should be starved.

Anyway, your questions.

Cheating: 
    Cheating is useful.  You want to learn how the game works, one thing at a time, use cheats.  Once you know the basics, turn the cheats off in Launcher.

Mods:
  I don't know.  I don't play extensive mods.

Sea Raiders:
  I solo them early on, later I just buy a starting army of Merc Horsemen and level them up on weaker targets until I have a few Merc Cavalary guys.  I don't use weak troops early on, because I'm greedy for Renown. 
  To solo a group of sea raiders you need a fast horse and a long polearm.  You circle them at distance until archers run out of arrows and then you start picking them off.  Either with a bolt/arrow to the knee or a stab to the face.  With a bit of practice you can solo a group of 10 with a starting character.

Income: 
  Early - selling prisoners.  Get a jousting lance and solo bandits.  When you grow in strength and they grow in numbers you should be able to free some Manhunters.  Level them up with training or battles and they get really good at capturing prisoners.  Then you just set up camp close to a Ransom Broker.  They never run out of money...
  Later - you set up enterprises in every city, then you take a few cities for yourself.  Money in late game is mostly irrelevant.  You should be swimming in it.

Mixed army:
  Sure.  Do what suits you, but check your morale modifiers.  They can get a bit crazy if you fight a lot.

Mamlukes:
    "OP" makes no sense in singleplayer, but you could make a rough comparison to historical reality.  I'm one of those who think that heavy cavalry was in reality even more powerful than in this game, just much more expensive and much harder to replace. 

Back
Top Bottom