Becoming King

Users who are viewing this thread

Ovietski

Recruit
Hello everyone, I am somewhat new to brytenwalda as I recently just started playing mount and blade again and I must say, I love this mod. Currently I am playing the Roman Sub Mod and it is the most fun i've ever had with a video game. But, I have a few questions.

As of now I am a lord for one of the Roman legions and their marshal. I have many estates (1 town, 1 castle, and 1 city) and I have lots of troops garrisoned in each. I have slowly gotten my right to rule up and I am making friends with other lords in hopes to make my bid for the king but I am having trouble. If i renounce my lordship of my current faction I will loose all of my garrisoned troops which would be a major blow and I would loose all of my estates.

My question is: How do I start my own faction but keep my current estates and I would rather not have to go to war with my current faction to do so.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. another question, is it possible to take over an existing faction? All of the other Augusta nobles love me and despise the king. What would I have to do to make myself leader of the Cohort Augusta?

What i'd suggest is go raiding lands of factions you're not at war with... knock out a few lords armies and such. Talk to your king each time, lose some relation.. eventually it gets low. Take a castle, request you get it.. tell other lords to support other people for it.. rebel when you don't get it.

If I do this will I have the estates that I ruled under my old king? Because if I do that sounds ok, except that i'd be at war with the faction that I kinda want to rule the whole place. But if that's what it takes, so be it.

Unless they've changed something you should still keep your own fiefs (though not villages, unless you own the attached castle/town). Stock up as many troops as you can in those two, recall all patrols (patrols disbanded when you leave a faction, would expect them to when you rebel as well). Then just race to those lords on the best of terms with you and convince what you can to swap sides.

Back
Top Bottom