BECOME A SUPPORTER!! (1755/1776/1860s Supporter Pics)

Users who are viewing this thread

Glad to join as a supporter! I love western movies and used to read several books of Friedrich Gerstäcker - one of the best but unfortunatly less known writers of storys about the old west- In the middle of the 19th century he spent part of his life in North America on a steamboat, as a hunter and trapper in the indian territory etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friedrich_Gerst%C3%A4cker

I'm Dorrin, 28 years old (will be 29 june 7th!), and am a bit of a Warband-aholic.

Even though my usual preference for gameplay is more of medieval (no firearm or fancy space laser type weapons) I love the gameplay in Gab's mods, which i find to even better than With Fire and Sword was.

I'd be glad to donate some time to testing any single player versions you have, though i have absolutely no clue when it comes to coding, and spot any bugs i can or make my own gameplay and balance suggestions.

uuhh...thx Dorrin...that s too much!  :oops:
With fire and sword is great, and even became a commercial game ....and the developers make money on it!  :cool:
But thx so much for your kind words....they give me a super energy and I am  using any free minute I have to build 1860s Old America the best I can!!!!!!  :razz:

Thx to all ppl up above, as well....really encouraging.
Just be sure, please, that  you all are really motivated in supporting Gabrilduro and his mods, playing old versions as well.....and not just signing in to play the new Closed Betas....

Gabby  :wink:

Hello, I enjoyed the 1866 mod for the Original Mount and Blade so I'm looking for to see how this turns out.
I would like to participate in the beta testing of 1860's Old America if you don't mind. I can tell your working
hard to complete this mod, If you do let me test your mod I'll be sure to post if i find some bugs or glitches.
When you decide on something please let me know. Oh and I made my signature so if someone wants me
to make them a signature just PM me :grin: ! Good luck with your mod Gabby Team!

cjs378 said:
Hello, I enjoyed the 1866 mod for the Original Mount and Blade so I'm looking for to see how this turns out.
I would like to participate in the beta testing of 1860's Old America if you don't mind. I can tell your working hard to complete this mod, If you do let me test your mod I'll be sure to post if i find some bugs or glitches. When you decide on something please let me know. Oh and I made my signature so if someone wants me to make them a signature just PM me :grin: ! Good luck with your mod Gabby Team!                                 
Thx very much for nice words and .....cool SIG!!!
You should send the code for it as well, so that after I add the forum link, I can put it with the best ones of all donators  :razz:
Gab

Hey Gabrilduro and everyone else. I finally got Mount and Blade Warband. I played it a few months ago and kind of forgot about it. But I have had it for three days and haven't been able to stop playing. I just started modding it up yesterday and Gabrilduro's mods are my favorite so far. I was looking for a great single player one so I can't wait to try Old Frontier.

I want to be a supporter and thanks so much.

......Although I can't decide which one first, 1860 or 1755.

Hey man this mod looks really cool, you and your team are very talented. I am new here and don't know how to change my signature but I am downloading the version 0.8 I think to try it out.

Hey man my name is Castello, and I really dig your mods. I love the time period you do and it is under represented in the community it seems. Keep up the good work!!

Hey everyone I went through a lot to sign up to comment on this mod and ask for help. When i signed up i accidentally had my language set to Turkish and had to use bind translator to find the English option, while experiencing lag as well. Anyway id love to help any way i can in supporting this mod i intend to do all of what Gabrilduro asked in time but i really want to try the 8.0 version but i don't know how to downgrade my mount and blade warband to 1.143 ( I'm kinda a noob at that stuff). But if anyone could help me i would greatly appreciate it. I have played the 1866 mod and that was great but i wanted to see more south versus north fighting (P.S. i love the Civil war movies like gods and generals and all those and other American revolution ones like the patriot, also i loved the hatfields and McCoys) But to get back on track if anyone could help me get the old mount and blade warband version that would be nice. because I'm dying to play this new updated 1860's mod and the older one. Also Ive never watched last of the Mohican's but if Gabrilduro likes it ill give it a try too. :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: And thats about it in the mean time i guess 1866 mod will have to do.

thanks for the suggestions ive seen the good the bad and the ugly and i think ive seen how the west was won. I have some free time now so ill watch a few of those movies thanks, ill start with shenandoah, i remember that movie from a long time ago i never got around to watching it though and forgot the name thank you. :eek:

You are welcome!
hehehehe...I adored Jimmy Stewart!!!
...and in that movie... :eek:
and it s really nice how there is NOT really a GOOD faction and a bad one....just american brothers fellows killing each other for really no reason. Their grand grand parents gave blood and life to make USA a united nation... :???:
Ok...ok...out of topic...

Gab

I agree with docjay2000 although i havent played the game yet and im downloading it now. Ive watched many videos of 1860's mod on youtube, i watched all of UkranianGameProducers lets play of this mod and in the beggining he started with an indian head although it is as simple as taking it off or selling it it was still wierd since he was confederate also about the gun item pictures i thought they looked wierd because its like its looking at the gun from an ariel view, and it looks like a wood and metel stick :grin:. i think it would look better if we could see the gun from a side view so we could see the trigger, side of the stock, barrel and all that stuff so we could tell the guns apart from each other. and thats about it everything else i see from watching youtube looks great, looks like ive got 23 min till it downloads, cant wait :smile:

@GABRILDURO with a name like mine you know my family has to be from there. unfortunately i am just italian-american, but we gotta represent. i tried getting the version of 1860 off the repository, but it stopped downloading it at about 20% for some reason. anywhere else i can try downloading it from?

the same thing happened to me i just tried it again and it worked after a while but you could try the Nexus there is a link on the repository it should be on the right side of the 1860's, or you could just follow his link at this adress

mod http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,193103.0.html

mjtackett64 said:
ALLRIGHT!!! skrew 1866, i dont need it now that i got old americas to work this is awesome I love you GABRILDURO  :grin:

mjtackett64 said:
Also just something else i saw im not sure if someones allready seen this but the date in game is 1755, so if theres anyway to change that to 1860 thatll be good, if not its okay its not that big of a deal. also why is there no Robert E. Lee, or Colonel Jackson, or Ulysses S. Grant, William T Sherman, or Joshuah Lawrence Chamberland, Pickett, etc..... In the new version will these generals be in there because they are important to the Civil war. Also i came across the wild dogs, i like them.

ah, there is one more thing I forgot to mention, when I wrote yesterday.
Too many factions get eliminated too soon.
I play just 2 days (ingame) and 7 factions were eliminated.
Maybe thats a point which should be fixed...

greetings
doc

docjay2000 said:
Hey Gabby and all the People in this forum / mod,

Gabby knows me already, but I guess I never ever introduced myself here.
Here we go: I am doc, 32 years old, and a huge wild west fan since years. I like more the western books and movies from "my generation". Nothin against the original western from the 40s - 80s, but the newer ones are just a deeper and more realistic experience (to me).
As I first red from gabbys mod project I fell right out of my seat...because I couldn't believe my eyes. I played the 1866 for hours and hours and ever wished a wild west mod for warband will come one day (especially singleplayer). The best wild west game of all time (red dead redemption) will never ever make it to the pc...so we need to deal with it and help ourselves. So, gabby is my "rockstar" :wink:.

Ok, what can I say more about me? I am from Germany, sure not the best place for a western fan, but I collected pretty much wild west literature, accessories, movies and so on.
I am just happy to be a part of the community here.
And again, thank you gabby, for doin what you are doin here! You are my hope!

So, to say something about 1860s current version. It runs stable on my gaming laptop and it is a very good experience already.
I don't think I have the right to criticize anything (I never ever modded a game), but I like the item view more like it is in 1866 mod. Here you can see guns and everything from the side. To me this is more comfortable and makes it easier to see the difference between those items (specially guns and rifles).

The second thing is the head armor "Indian face". I never read anything about it in historical literature and i don't like the atmosphere it creates. F.e. I am playing a white ex-soldier and I look like an native American Indian..mmhhh...I don't get the point here.

The last thing I like to mention is the performance on my system. I can play warband on highest settings and it runs like warm butter. For 1860 I need to turn many parameters down to see it run smooth.

That's everything...for newcomers: you will get an already very very stable mod with, for me, the most interesting time of it all. The wild west.
Gabby is simply doin an amazing job here. Thank you so much for it, gabby...I will keep on playing and reading...

Your fan,
Doc

THX very much for your last posts, guys....so nice and motivating!!!

Hi DOC!!!
Nice to see you here and so sweet...heheheh  :oops: THX!!

I d answer to each of you but sorry, really no time.... :cry: ...I ll try when I have more.

PLEASE do not comment MODS here, go and post comments in their specific Thread!!  :twisted:

This is just a Topic to introduce yourself as a Gabrilduro s Supporter....that s why I also had to edit your posts ...heheheh... :wink:

Thx
Gab

Back
Top Bottom