Battlemaster

Users who are viewing this thread

It works fine with gmail. I don't recall anything about it not taking hotmail, but that wouldn't surprise me since Tom (the owner and creator/dev) hates Internet Explorer (more so the old, really ****ty versions of IE). Nothing is listed in the wiki about e-mail that I can see.

@Licaón: Aye I got your message. I'm going to reply soon. My adventurer is named Sharum and he is in Gaxano on Beluaterra. There are so many monsters and undead around that area he will probably be there for weeks.

I use gmail and Google Chrome as browser and it doesn't give me problems, probably Mozilla works fine if the issue is Internet Explorer.

Sir Prince, I'm currently in Jyl (Fronen) so if you want to travel north some time just let me know and we can meet in an intermediate region. Good hunt!  :smile:

Ok guys I got it.
Gmail did'nt work, yahoo mail either... I used videotron wich is Quebec, canada only.

What server/island are you guys in? i'd like to join up with somebody from taleworlds.
I've got the idea of joining dwilight. Who's in there?

Edit:
Barca eh? In dwilight? I'll try it.
What do you guys recommend? noble or adventurer?

Maybe that if I play a noble my character will be a lunatic who calls himself the lord of noodles.

EDIT 2:
I've went in Barca as a noble in Twainville but i don't get it... I spawned in Rettleville... Am i supposed to go to Twainville now?

EDIT3: So i decided to go to Twainville... But when i look at what I'm currently doing, it says : You are now en route to Rettlewood. Estimated time of arrival is 5 hours from now.

Yes, I chose to go to Twainville... Not rettlewood... Is it because i must pass in rettlewood in order to go to Twainville?

Great choice tialexandre.

However it's not a very good idea to play your character as the Lord of the Noodles, Dwilight is the only continent (server) of Serious Medieval Atmosphere, and people like to roleplay in a low-fantasy medieval way. It's rather "Game of Thrones" than "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" to give you a rough idea  :wink:

Yeah I said maybe and he was going to be a lunatic :razz:
Anyway, I edited 2 times my post so you might want to look at it again. Need some answers.

Yeah the GMs will deport you if don't take your character seriously on Dwilight. The game doesn't seem to be very accurate in where it dumps off your new character, I had the same thing happen to me with my character in Cagil (although it placed me next to the capital so that isn't so bad). You'll have to travel a few regions to get to Twainville.

Barca seems to be a little quiet at the moment, so far there has only been Licaon and one or two other people who have sent messages. I've been sitting in Retteville hoping for a reply from a lord, there are two empty estates here and a city seems like potentially prosperous region (I see that Dwilight's infrastructure and economy is still in its early stages for many regions).

Sorry tialexandre, I missed your edits.

Spawning is sometimes a little bit aleatory as I've read from other players. For travelling, you have to move from a region to another, that means that if you are in Rettleville you will need to travel first to Rettlewood, then Nark, Twainwood and at last, Twainville. If you are already travelling to Rettlewood you can set the next destination, which in this case would be Nark.

Sir Prince, I'm afraid you're right about the welcomes, it's me and maybe one or two more nobles the usual "welcomers" to the new nobles. I recommend you to write a general introduction message to all realm-mates and then directly ask the lord of the region you want to live in to allow you to take an estate there. Tomorrow one of my vassals will leave Nark, so there will be a vacant estate, and other good options are Rettleville, Ulitsa or Twainville.

Tialexandre, I'll write you a welcome this evening as I have to leave now, and then I'll explain you the current situation and where you can go to give a hand  :smile:

I sent a letter to the lord of Twainville saying that I will help him govern the place... Is that right?

Oh and my ingame name is Mark Maher.

EDIT: After all, I'm not going to Twainville. I'm going to join up with lychaon in Nark.

The wiki is the best place to start reading about the game as it has beginner's guides, FAQs and stuff on pretty much every aspect of the game.
http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Main_Page

EDIT: Also I sent both of you a message.

So I've joined Barca as Azmyth.

The welcome message tells me to introduce myself, but I'd like it if some of you gents instruct me on the proper way of doing that. :razz:

EDIT: My bad, didn't see the posts above me.

This page has a basic guide to an introduction: http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/BattleMaster_Basics

You don't have to be too fancy or drawn out, but Dwilgiht is a "Serious Medieval Atmosphere" you should keep in mind: http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Serious_Medieval_Atmosphere

Don't worry too much though, most people don't seem to be that great of writers, I sure am not. Also make sure to ask around for a region lord (in Barca they hold the title Senator) who will give you an estate. Its considered impolite to just take over one without asking since it may have been arranged to be given to someone else on their way.

Thanks! Already sent the intros and requests, we'll see what happens next.

By the way the wiki mentions something about training myself, but I don't see that option in the 'Actions' menu...

It's good to see a new Barcan! You can train your troops wherever you are, you just need to be steady (not travelling). To do so, go to "Orders_Training". The best option is "heavy training", which takes longer but it increases more efficiently the training level and the cohesion of the unit.

Sethaniel, I'm almost sure you haven't read the link posted by Sir Prince. "daemontortilla-induced diarrhea" FTW! It's not too bad for the first time, but as Sir Prince has said it's Serious Medieval Atmosphere, so the humour is expected to be a little bit more elaborate  :wink:

Welcome to the realm!

Was trying to make it more memorable, but yes, I'll tone it down a little. :razz:

Seems like the dude I was applying for an estate from got kidnapped by rogues and a new ruler is currently in the process of being voted in! This dramatic turn of events has left me a landless noble for yet another day. :mad: Do these sort of things happen very often? The capturings and loss of rulers and such, I mean.

Haha, OK then.

To get imprisoned by rogues doesn't happen very often, generally when you're vastly overwhelmed in strength and/or number in a battle. He was in a region where arrived a large group of monsters and was defeated and imprisoned. He will be set free soon.

The elections for the positions of an imprisoned noble start running automatically. However, when he's released the usual thing is that he recovers his position (it wouldn't be nice a realm-mate occupied his position while he's in a dungeon  :smile:)

Back
Top Bottom