Battlemaster

Users who are viewing this thread

Rallix said:
Made a new noble on Dwilight.
I might be moving on south to Aurvandil soon. I'll see If I like it in Iamalur first though.  :razz:

I would recommend you to try Barca instead. It's not only because I've got a character there  :wink: We are a small realm where every new noble makes a difference and actually means something for the development of the realm, Aurvandil has plenty of nobles and it's quite different in that sense. Recently we've taken many regions and new nobles can be promoted quickly!

I'm drawing some pictures to update the Wiki a little bit, here's a sample to add the cherry to this propagandistic cake  :grin:

barcawantsyou.png

It's quite a smaller version of the full one, I thought there wouldn't be any problem. But if it's giving some problems I can scale it again  :wink:

This one is unfinished, but it's something close to how it would look a Barcan captain complaining for the price of the ale in a local tavern.

barcancaptainsample.jpg

Let me know if it loads very slow  :wink:

Got bored and created a new account. The game completely ignored the duchy I chose and put me in the one next to it but whatever, the Ossan family is now in Cagil.

I've got an important lordship in Minas Leon, hurray!

The civil war there is almost done even if the Ithilians had repelled our last 2 assaults on their capitol they no longer have the strenght to fight back and now starvation hit the whole region...

In Aurvandil we have done a pleasure trip in the Granduchy of Fissoa, maraudind their countryside, turning rogue a couple of regions, defeat their army and went back  :mrgreen:

Just created an Adventurer called Dosile Sedric Son of Lone Sedric.

He is a wild primitive man who is coming to grips with this war torn world.

side note what the hell do i do as an adventurer! haha

Sedericus said:
side note what the hell do i do as an adventurer! haha
Get called scum by nobles, and then get repeatedly kicked in the balls by nobles, go and try to kill skeletons, get nothing, try to talk to nobles again, get executed.

That is the life of an adventurer.

but what is my reason for talking to nobles i mean what it is my goal? i see we have quests etc to do but is there a goal? do i just kill stuff and get paid rinse and repeat?

Basically adventurers help prevent uprisings of monsters and undead, they are more of an issue in Bulaterra and Dwilight than the other continents. I think they can also find unique items which they can sell to nobles too.

Sir Prince has explained it perfectly.

Adventurers have little involvement in a realm's politics, but there are some realms where they are seen as something better than scum. In Dwilight I had an adventurer who joined a guild in the Grand Duchy of Fissoa, where nobles asked them to hunt monsters and undead in their regions. As you promoted in the guild, you even had a monthly pay.

Hunting monsters in regions where there are bounties to kill them grants quite a bit of gold. Also, by killing champions and bad-asses gets you sometimes unique items. They can also be crafted by wizards you find sometimes, using common items that you can find gathering or killing monsters and undead.

The point is, when you sell one of those unique items to a noble, apart from a nice amount of hard-cash he can give you a recommendation. If you get three recommendations, that adventurer can become a noble, giving you the chance to create an epic roleplaying "Count of Montecristo style"  :grin: Another good thing to become noble like that is that in the way you fight so many monsters that your swordfighting skill is pretty high comparing to a lot of nobles; so if you join a swordfighting tournament you are likely to get paid back for the time you've been a ****ty commoner  :wink:

Also if you are a noble and have a magical/unique item (could be a sword, armour piece, shield, spell book) the game adds a line to reports about battles describing you using it for extra e-peen points (and nobles love their peens).

The only problem is you really can be executed at any time and for no reason, I'm never making an adventurer on a starter island (ie Atamara or Far East) again since my first one was executed by some new player.

Astinus said:
I've got an important lordship in Minas Leon, hurray!

The civil war there is almost done even if the Ithilians had repelled our last 2 assaults on their capitol they no longer have the strenght to fight back and now starvation hit the whole region...

In Aurvandil we have done a pleasure trip in the Granduchy of Fissoa, maraudind their countryside, turning rogue a couple of regions, defeat their army and went back  :mrgreen:
Why you SOB.
My first noble is an Ithilian!
D:
What I don't get is why you haven't been able to take our last region already.
We've repelled two assaults, and my men have only gained combat strength due to the encounters!

The first strike was quite successful, we didn't end it there only because it was mostly rushed due your mobile forces having just being crushed in Dunstoke so we ended up with not enough sieges engine to take full control of the forretress.

The second one was deemed to fail due overconfidence our treacherous artisans didn't build enough sieges to replace losses and some Lords, including me, were busy in our region and didn't join the attack.

Funny fact about Ithil is that you made king a mercenary captain that almost none ancianity in the realm, even if the player beyond him is very experienced and good it still amaze me  :mrgreen:

So my noble is taking a ****ty vacation in a filthy Darkan prison after beating the crap out of their army (first and only battle he has fought, and his unit fought right to the end!) and my adventurer spends more time resting and regaining hours and doesn't have much RPing to do (not that I am big on RP anyway). So I've been thinking of creating a second Noble on Dwilight, but I am wondering what the situation on the island is.

EDIT: I joined Barca as Oswaldo.

Well done!  :grin:

As you see in Barca we have room for plenty of worthy nobles, and there will be some more soon. Your help will be very much appreciated indeed.

Has your adventurer found a tent yet? It's slightly better than sleeping in the cold hard soil, but if you're in townsland or rural regions, the rest in a primitive/common room is worth the silver you spend. Every hour you spend sleeping removes roughly 3 fatigue.

My character in Barca is Lychaon, he has already welcome you to the realm  :wink: One of the knights in the region he is lord will soon become lord of another recently taken region. Nark has a good weekly income, if you want to join it I'll be glad to have you there.

Tents can be found very often gathering common items. I've got an adventurer in Beluaterra with some spare ones, if yours is in that continent I can give you one.

Damnit it won't take hotmail...
Does it take Gmail? No eh? Not sure if it's even an e-mail.
I sent one there though and after 30 minutes, still nothing.

EDIT: wtf no Yahoo mail either???
What worked for you guys?

Man this looks so awesome ._.

Back
Top Bottom