Battle of Bucharest 2017 - Sign Up!

Users who are viewing this thread

5620582193_07207bc789_o.png
BoBlogo_800.PNG
You may participate in both categories, however you cannot more than once i.e. you can join the duels only once and only one team in the Team category – no more. Any player found to have signed up multiple times or in multiple teams will be disqualified.

Unfortunately, for this event, given the time scale and budget, we can only accept applications from European based players who are able to travel to Romania without requiring a visa. This pretty much comes down to EU member countries, with a few exceptions. We understand that many of you from outside this region would love to compete as well, and we are determined to offer events in the future that can accommodate everyone.

We also require that all participants are 16 or older, and that any under-18s be able to gain any necessary permission required for them to travel to Romania.

Anyone found to be participating, who does not qualify with the above criteria will not be able to attend the finals in Bucharest, will be excluded from the tournament, along with their teammates, and possibly prevented from participating in future events.

NOTICE: There is still time to sign up! You have until midnight BST (UK Time) tonight.

Team captains have now been contacted to confirm their applications. Any team captain who has not received an email should contact me immediately.

Duelists will be contacted within the next couple of hours.

All sign-ups have now been contacted! If you haven't received a mail, please send me a PM right away.

Participants will be announced tomorrow along with brackets and schedules.

There's still a bit of time to sign up but not long!

BEST OF LUCK, BLADERS!

Deacon Barry said:
Just a question - Was there no seeding at all for the either tournament? Seems like a big risk for the finals.
Since 5vs5 is less established and we had limited time to get sign ups and then have the games played in order to have everyone ready for the finals, I decided it's better to just hit random.

I don't know the roster of every team but from a quick look the top part of the bracket is heavily weighted with good teams whilst the lower seems less so. I think with 3 days devoted to simple qualifiers a system that had more matches could have been looked at? I had assumed to be playing 2-4 matches each day but this is just one match, one map, single elimination - and I can see at least 2 possible finalists removed in the 2nd day since Charlini's team has been looking good also.

Understand the lack of knowledge for seeding since this is a little unknown but a better tournament system could've been used imo. If too late now definitely next time.

I think no matter what, we're going to see four great teams at the finals.

Beyond that, playing 5vs5 and at LAN, anything could happen really. The finals match format will also be extended and map-based (announcement coming), so it could easily produce some different results to those you might expect.

Offering 100:1 odds on Unity making grand finals LAN without dropping more than 5 rounds. It's a small return for your bet but it's a sure thing, message me for paypal details.

Captain Lust said:
I think no matter what, we're going to see four great teams at the finals.

Maybe, but the qualifiers are going to be a roll of the dice for some and that could have been avoided with more matches to decide consistency. Hope we don't see Nords on Sandiboush.

Back
Top Bottom