Battle of Bucharest 2017 - Introduction

Users who are viewing this thread

Awesome event, unfortunately cannot participate in the  qualifiers :roll:. Happy to sell my EU Passport though for anyone who wants to participate  :party:

I know you wrote that you would announce more specific times later when you know how many teams sign up, but it would be good to know at which time the qualifiers would start earliest in order to sign up... like do we have to play matches at like 11 bst or are things gonna start in the evening etc, especially on midweek days like thursday and friday

Does Serbia fall under the exceptions list? We are a neighbouring country, and only need a passport to enter, but we are not part of the EU. Also, if we already applied but our country isn't allowed to participate, how do we cancel our application?

Great tourney looking forward to it !

Sebe said:
I know you wrote that you would announce more specific times later when you know how many teams sign up, but it would be good to know at which time the qualifiers would start earliest in order to sign up... like do we have to play matches at like 11 bst or are things gonna start in the evening etc.

That would really be good to know, to at least have a direction like not earlier then 17bst or something.

yourNotAlone said:
Rayden_ said:
Spending 6 years of your life to this game and not being able to participate in first LAN tournament is just sad  :neutral:

As a community we could try to set up a crowdfunding for non-EU players that qualify for the finals. Although we might have too little time to make it happen but it could be worth a shot.

I agree with this.

I am Max and I am the representative of the Russian team which wants to take part in the Tournament. I am working in a company which makes spanish visas and I can provide visas to all members of the Russian team if you will allow us to participate in the tournament.

The roster of Russian team most likely wouldconsist of: Max; SifoN; Arni; BlackDevil and ReD_WaR

I think that this is just unfair to not let us play,  if the whole team can get access to visas, especially when all the arguments which you made about not letting people outside the European Union play is that they can’t travel without visas.

(1) Each match consists of 2 sets played on one map. Each set consists of four rounds. After the first set on each map the teams will swap spawns and factions.

So are we going back to doing 4 rounds a map rather than first to 3?

Volshen said:
(1) Each match consists of 2 sets played on one map. Each set consists of four rounds. After the first set on each map the teams will swap spawns and factions.
So does match consist of 1 map or 2?
1 map. Thanks for pointing out the error!

Prince Apollo said:

So are we going back to doing 4 rounds a map rather than first to 3?
Yes, for this tournament at least. I have never liked "first to" for sets and I don't see the advantage.

@everyone asking about visas/Russia/Turkey etc. : We will provide some more clarification on this before the sign up period is over.

Captain Lust said:
Volshen said:
So does match consist of 1 map or 2?
1 map. Thanks for pointing out the error!
Won't it be a problem if there is for example an open map with vaegirs and rhodoks? Vaegirs are expected to take 4-0 and team which will start 1st spawn with them has an advantage in my eyes.

Maximka said:
I am Max and I am the representative of the Russian team which wants to take part in the Tournament. I am working in a company which makes spanish visas and I can provide visas to all members of the Russian team if you will allow us to participate in the tournament.

The roster of Russian team most likely wouldconsist of: Max; SifoN; Arni; BlackDevil and ReD_WaR

I think that this is just unfair to not let us play,  if the whole team can get access to visas, especially when all the arguments which you made about not letting people outside the European Union play is that they can’t travel without visas.

As far as I'm aware, a Spanish visa might grant you access into Romania since it acknowledges visas for Schengen area countries, but still wouldn't allow you to play in the tournament since the prize is income and you'd therefore need a work permit.

This whole thing seems kind of rushed and dropped out of nowhere, while it is cool I feel its definitely not going to reach anywhere near its max potential. You have stated this extremely tight time frame of when this needs to happen, why is that? Will bannerlord be dropped shortly after this is over and this is like a big bang into bannerlord or will there be you know, some kind of bannerlord demo featured for people to play at the finals thus an incentive for people to go and watch physically instead of online... :wink:?

Colonel Horyse said:
Gorlock said:
This whole thing seems kind of rushed and dropped out of nowhere, while it is cool I feel its definitely not going to reach anywhere near its max potential. You have stated this extremely tight time frame of when this needs to happen, why is that? Will bannerlord be dropped shortly after this is over and this is like a big bang into bannerlord or will there be you know, some kind of bannerlord demo featured for people to play at the finals thus an incentive for people to go and watch physically instead of online... :wink:?

Whilst I agree with some of what you right, the tournament starts now and finishes on the 21st May, it's refreshingly short and I think it will definitely reach it's max potential, only a few individuals who have exams can't attend, but I feel like already the activity of native scene has come back, IG hasn't had that many people on at 4 o'clock in the day for a very long time :grin:

Also, this whole thing suggests there will be many more tournaments like it!

Big part of the community is from Turkey and Russia so no it won't reach max potential.

Anyway glad to see this tournament happen, hope it will be succesful and I will definitely watch all the streams provided

Colonel Horyse said:
The decision to allow Turkish or Russian people who have access to visas is still being decided but being a tournament that only accepts those from the EU, it can reach it's potential within Europe.

Not only Turkish and Russian people mostly can't join, also the people who don't have passport or their passport got old can't join because of how little time they have. Not only that the tournament is going to be 5vs5 which most people are not practiced for. So no, by any means can the tournament reach it's max potential.

Don't take my posts as hate posts, I'm sure they would've given more time if they had the chance. This is probably the only way they were able to host this, any event like this is a great thing

Back
Top Bottom