Battle cry [resolved]

Users who are viewing this thread

Argelle

Recruit
hello,
I met (in game) a lord teaching strategy (id est battle or warcry).
Whilst there are no shortkey in option for it, the lord spoke of U and B.
I've try to get it working in battle, with no luck.
What am I doing wrong?

(on the other hand the trait "berseker" activated by [t] is very nice and working :smile: What a slaughter !)

That is a left-over from the previous game, Brytenwalda. It should be removed from VC.

If you see that text you can ignore it... the lord is just drunk with too much ale.

Argelle said:
He was looking like a pompus brat, I should have be cautious.

Thanks for the info kalarhan !

do you recall the exact phrase? I did a lookup on the game files and it seens it was fixed for the beta:

1.04beta
dlga_cundwalh_historia21:cundwalh_historia3 4095 1107  0 It_is_important_that_you_know_how_to_motivate_your_troops_in_battle._You_can_shout_your_barbaric_warcry_(by_pressing_the_key_T)_that_will_
undoubtfully_scare_away_enemies_surrounding_you._Also,_you_can_always_order_your_men_to_break_the_current_formation_(by_pressing_F4_and_F:cool:_so_
that_they_can_properly_charge_into_the_enemy's_lines.  1108  0 NO_VOICEOVER

dlga_cundwalh_historia21:cundwalh_historia3 4095 1100  0 It_is_important_that_you_know_how_to_motivate_your_troops_in_battle._You_can_shout_your_barbaric_warcry_(by_pressing_the_key_b)_that_will_
undoubtfully_scare_away_enemies_surrounding_you;_or_you_can_shout_a_more_civilized_battlecry_(by_pressing_the_key_u)_that_helps_to_
encourage_your_wounded_troops's_warring_hearts_back_into_the_battle_fray._Also,_you_can_always_order_your_men_to_break_the_current_formation_(
by_pressing_f4_and_F:cool:_so_that_they_can_properly_charge_into_the_enemys_lines.  1101  0 NO_VOICEOVER

The dialogue preceed the beta (1.04) patch. Since I did not know it was a leftover from Brytenwalda, I though it was a legit feature of viking conquest, and ask as such. I did try B or U on the battlefeld within 1.03 or 1.04 without success.
If the battlecry is now activated by T, my heros got recentely a trait "beseker", so I guess it's one trait per hero, and I will not see a battlecry for this game, but only "berseker".

"It_is_important_that_you_know_how_to_motivate_your_troops_in_battle.." is indeed the dialogue I got.

Argelle said:
The dialogue preceed the beta (1.04) patch. Since I did not know it was a leftover from Brytenwalda, I though it was a legit feature of viking conquest, and ask as such. I did try B or U on the battlefeld within 1.03 or 1.04 without success.
If the battlecry is now activated by T, my heros got recentely a trait "beseker", so I guess it's one trait per hero, and I will not see a battlecry for this game, but only "berseker".

"It_is_important_that_you_know_how_to_motivate_your_troops_in_battle.." is indeed the dialogue I got.

Ok, thanks for clarify. I remember about this bug from a few weeks back and it is nice to see it was fixed with 1.04beta.

The dialog was a bug from release, and traits are always on T. We now got a notes -> game concept about them ingame as well.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom