Battanian Archers are Extremely Powerful

Users who are viewing this thread

I think that part of the problem is that the recruit spawning is weird. Battanian Noble youths and their ilk don't spawn often AT ALL (for the player) but for AI recruitment...they're everywhere it seems, causing Battanian armies to be heavily archer focused

Battanian Flan Champions get 280 bow skill at top tier. Battanians are the only nation with a top tier unit of this power level.

If ever nation had a niche with a really good weapon skill/focus, it'd probably not be as insane.

Edit: btw is hp standardized for all units?

Battanian Flan Champions get 280 bow skill at top tier. Battanians are the only nation with a top tier unit of this power level.

If ever nation had a niche with a really good weapon skill/focus, it'd probably not be as insane.

Edit: btw is hp standardized for all units?

It's funny because Asrai is supposed to be the mounted archer king? And whenever I go into battle against them...five mounted archers the rest are infantry?

You'd think they'd produce more cavalry of any kind. But in my experience, you know who has the most cavalry in battles? THE STURGIANS THE FREAKING VIKINGS (their mounted jav throwers are no joke tho)

Even so, I've never run into any army aside from the Sturgians who would field more than 10 mounted units and I've had field battles of 200 vs 300 and all told cavalry was about 40 units on both sides?
Maybe it is a bug or recruting high tier cavalry is harder then others and low tier cavalries dies in previous battles.

Maybe I just suck but I've found a Battanian army is nigh impossible to defeat on the battlefield playing as the Empire. Their infantry and cav I can beat but their skirmisher line with longbows are devastating. I commanded the cavalry and flanked their infantry and attacked their skirmishers. They just stood their ground and picked us off one by one. I feel like a cav charge into archers on open ground should instigate a partial rout of at least their weakest troops!

No. You forgot the anvil part of the hammer and anvil.

What's needed is tactics! They are easy to beat if you consider the battlefield. Bring the right troops. And play as a good general. Don't just throw stats at stats.

In my game I have a sizeable cavalry contingent (40% or more- all carefully developed to be well armored), a few archers (20%), and a shield line (this is important). Hammer and anvil man. Battanians die in droves. 1- I do not fight in forests when I need to preserve my troops. I pick flatter land, or at least open land like hills. I march my cavalry wide to the flank and then eventually behind their line. Had my shield wall hold and approach (sure some die but they are relatively cheap). When about 125m the shield line charges. The Battanians archers are all busy with that- Charge! Cav wipes them out. I lose 20% or so- they lose everyone. They usually rout when at about 40-50% losses, so the fight really snowballs then.

This game isn't all about troop attributes but HOW you use the battlefield, how you populate your warband, and who you know your enemy is going to be- there is no one army beats all. You have to be fluid.

No. You forgot the anvil part of the hammer and anvil.

What's needed is tactics! They are easy to beat if you consider the battlefield. Bring the right troops. And play as a good general. Don't just throw stats at stats.

In my game I have a sizeable cavalry contingent (40% or more- all carefully developed to be well armored), a few archers (20%), and a shield line (this is important). Hammer and anvil man. Battanians die in droves. 1- I do not fight in forests when I need to preserve my troops. I pick flatter land, or at least open land like hills. I march my cavalry wide to the flank and then eventually behind their line. Had my shield wall hold and approach (sure some die but they are relatively cheap). When about 125m the shield line charges. The Battanians archers are all busy with that- Charge! Cav wipes them out. I lose 20% or so- they lose everyone. They usually rout when at about 40-50% losses, so the fight really snowballs then.

This game isn't all about troop attributes but HOW you use the battlefield, how you populate your warband, and who you know your enemy is going to be- there is no one army beats all. You have to be fluid.
I didn't add that I wasn't the commander just a sergeant of the cavalry.

Back
Top Bottom