Bannerlord mod stuff

Users who are viewing this thread

Elwaen

Sergeant at Arms
When is it planned to provide modders tools and files to start the modding and adaptation of warband mods?
I have personally worked on the creation of a multi warband mod not yet release and I would like to release it on Bannerlord quickly.

Elwaen said:
Ok, thanks. They said we can use warband script to Bannerlord i home its true :smile:
God I hope it's not. That would mean that the game in some way needs to be compilable from both Warband script and C#, which either heavily restricts the options we have in C#, or cause people to overly rely on an outdated scripting language because they know it better. Best to force everyone to switch to C# so we can get some proper codebases going.

Edit: and yeah a source on that would be great because this is the first time I'm hearing of backwards code compatibility too.

Doubt that's the case.

Another thing that I understood is that there won't be modding tools even during the EA? I was away for the whole Gamescom so if anyone has more info I'd be grateful.

Funny thing, I believe the community will find a way to mod anyways, so not releasing the mod tools/module system sounds a bit sad for me. Who wants to bet that someone will reverse engineer the C# dlls and make a community module system in the first week of EA?

Callum_TaleWorlds said:
@NPC99 - It is highly likely that we will release the modding tools alongside the full release and not before.

DrTomas said:
Funny thing, I believe the community will find a way to mod anyways, so not releasing the mod tools/module system sounds a bit sad for me. Who wants to bet that someone will reverse engineer the C# dlls and make a community module system in the first week of EA?

I hope so.  :grin:

Elwaen said:
When is it planned to provide modders tools and files to start the modding and adaptation of warband mods?
I have personally worked on the creation of a multi warband mod not yet release and I would like to release it on Bannerlord quickly.

It is highly likely that we won't be releasing any of the tools until the full release. It is possible some might be shared during EA, but I really can't make any promises on that.

Callum_TaleWorlds said:
Elwaen said:

It is highly likely that we won't be releasing any of the tools until the full release. It is possible some might be shared during EA, but I really can't make any promises on that.

Unfortunate but understandable. Hopefully, the tools will be well worth the wait and if I am remembering the blogs correctly they will be!

As a 3d modeler, i would like to humbly ask for Bannerlord body reference. One frontal picture of model using by Taleworlds 3d artists (in default pose) will be more than enough ^^

Avelium said:
As a 3d modeler, i would like to humbly ask for Bannerlord body reference. One frontal picture of model using by Taleworlds 3d artists (in default pose) will be more than enough ^^
It would be great if they could release the rigged version of the base human model and some PBR textures too see how their engine works.

DrTomas said:
BANNERLORD ANNODOMINI1257 please

fedeita said:
It would be great if they could release the rigged version of the base human model and some PBR textures too see how their engine works.
Ah, such a lovely dream! Sadly, something tells me that we'll be tormented until Early Access, perhaps even longer :sad:

Back
Top Bottom