Bannerlord king depose

Users who are viewing this thread

Stre0

Recruit
Is it possible to become king,for example king of Vlandia?
Can you depose king,and become new king of some kingdom? (not kingdom created by yourself)

Just another feature we hardly know anything about...

Lords can die, so is it then the heirs which automatically take over or is it put to a vote like the many other decisions? What about for the leader of clans?

Hi guys, i wanted to ask what if you marry ruler, what power will you have ?
And another question, vizwiz007 said that it every kingdom/empire is electorate yes ? or it can be like a line of succession from the dynasty (clans) ?

Hi guys, i wanted to ask what if you marry ruler, what power will you have ?
And another question, vizwiz007 said that it every kingdom/empire is electorate yes ? or it can be like a line of succession from the dynasty (clans) ?

Currently, we have no idea. Taleworlds has not blessed us with that information yet. However, if Warband is anything to go off from then you won't be able to marry rulers. We will just have to wait and see.

Currently, we have no idea. Taleworlds has not blessed us with that information yet. However, if Warband is anything to go off from then you won't be able to marry rulers. We will just have to wait and see.
By what i have seen i think it will be possible to marry ruler or other lord, they added so much depth i think they will not miss that, that's my thoughts tho hehe :lol:

By what i have seen i think it will be possible to marry ruler or other lord, they added so much depth i think they will not miss that, that's my thoughts tho hehe :lol:

And what have you seen? Because what I've seen has given the entirely opposite opinion. By a pure game mechanic perspective, being able to marry a ruler would break the entire progression of the game and completely unbalance it. You could be the Queen of Vlandia and marry the King of Sturgia and suddenly own 1/4th of the map. Or skip the entire midgame and be a peasant who is the Emperor just because you managed to seduce the King of the Empire. I'm not saying it's impossible or a bad idea, but the entire thing would require a lot of checks and balancing to make sure it isn't overpowered. Besides, the only way the developers have stated so far that a new King can be crowned is either through clan succession or vassal rebelion and since marriage hasn't been touched on I think it's safer to assume you can only marry lesser lords and ladies or unlanded suiters.

And what have you seen? Because what I've seen has given the entirely opposite opinion. By a pure game mechanic perspective, being able to marry a ruler would break the entire progression of the game and completely unbalance it. You could be the Queen of Vlandia and marry the King of Sturgia and suddenly own 1/4th of the map. Or skip the entire midgame and be a peasant who is the Emperor just because you managed to seduce the King of the Empire. I'm not saying it's impossible or a bad idea, but the entire thing would require a lot of checks and balancing to make sure it isn't overpowered. Besides, the only way the developers have stated so far that a new King can be crowned is either through clan succession or vassal rebelion and since marriage hasn't been touched on I think it's safer to assume you can only marry lesser lords and ladies or unlanded suiters.
Well it can be like in real medieval life was, if they both are rulers the kingdoms will not change borders they will stay the same, an alliance yes but not changing borders, and the children will divide the kingdoms. It's possible this way

If you marry a ruler and you are a lesser lord, you will have a title of Emperor, let's say, but that's it, we have medieval European laws of kingdoms for marriage and succession. :lol:

I highly doubt you can marry into royalty, for simple gameplay reasons. I can imagine a scenario where you are married to a pretender or claimant and rebel to have them installed as monarch. But I don't think the devs would allow a player to just marry their way to the highest of power.

I highly doubt you can marry into royalty, for simple gameplay reasons. I can imagine a scenario where you are married to a pretender or claimant and rebel to have them installed as monarch. But I don't think the devs would allow a player to just marry their way to the highest of power.
Shame

Well it can be like in real medieval life was, if they both are rulers the kingdoms will not change borders they will stay the same, an alliance yes but not changing borders, and the children will divide the kingdoms. It's possible this way

If you marry a ruler and you are a lesser lord, you will have a title of Emperor, let's say, but that's it, we have medieval European laws of kingdoms for marriage and succession. :lol:
It isn't going to be the same as in medieval Europe, that much we know. From what's been described, succession laws are a simple matter of the Clan leader nominating a successor from their family - and that's it.

The major factions or kingdoms are composed of a number of different Clans (think of them as noble families). The kingdom is ruled by the leader of one of those families. The other Clans compete with each other for position within the kingdom, and ultimately for the opportunity to replace the incumbent Clan as rulers of the kingdom. Quite how this comes about hasn't been described in detail, as far as I'm aware, but it's likely to be something to do with building up your own Clan's renown and influence, as well as strategic relations with the other Clans in your faction, so that you can make a challenge for rule when the time is right.

I'm assuming that when you marry your player character to some NPC, whoever they are and whatever their rank and position, that that NPC becomes a member of your own Clan afterwards, and any offspring you have are also in your Clan. I don't see how the system could work, otherwise.

But whatever the details, the point is that you absolutely can join an existing major faction and work your way up to become the ruler of that faction, unlike in Warband. The precise methods and processes for doing this will become clear once the Early Access comes out in a few weeks' time.

It isn't going to be the same as in medieval Europe, that much we know. From what's been described, succession laws are a simple matter of the Clan leader nominating a successor from their family - and that's it.

The major factions or kingdoms are composed of a number of different Clans (think of them as noble families). The kingdom is ruled by the leader of one of those families. The other Clans compete with each other for position within the kingdom, and ultimately for the opportunity to replace the incumbent Clan as rulers of the kingdom. Quite how this comes about hasn't been described in detail, as far as I'm aware, but it's likely to be something to do with building up your own Clan's renown and influence, as well as strategic relations with the other Clans in your faction, so that you can make a challenge for rule when the time is right.

I'm assuming that when you marry your player character to some NPC, whoever they are and whatever their rank and position, that that NPC becomes a member of your own Clan afterwards, and any offspring you have are also in your Clan. I don't see how the system could work, otherwise.

But whatever the details, the point is that you absolutely can join an existing major faction and work your way up to become the ruler of that faction, unlike in Warband. The precise methods and processes for doing this will become clear once the Early Access comes out in a few weeks' time.
Thanks for the info mate, do you have any information about joining in minor factions ?

If the right to rule is inherited, which I bloody well hope it will be considering the family & heir system, you could absolutely marry into the royal family. Depending on where you place in the family tree if the king dies then you are somewhere in the line of succession. I assume you can shorten that line by some (nefarious) means.

It's a long-con game that might take some in-game generations to accomplish, but it would be absurd if you couldn't.

The current {LORD_TITLE}, {LORD.LINK}, raised the banner of rebellion against {OLDLORD}. {?LORD.GENDER}She{?}He{\?} claims that {OLDLORD} too long tolerated bickering and factionalism, and says {?LORD.GENDER}she{?}he{\?} will establish a monarchy worthy of the glory of the {FACTION_LINK}." />

The current {LORD_TITLE}, {LORD.LINK}, inherited the throne from {OLDLORD}. {?LORD.GENDER}She{?}He{\?} says that the {OLDLORD} is too consumed by bickering and factionalism, and says {?LORD.GENDER}she{?}he{\?} will strengthen the power of the monarchy." />

The current {LORD_TITLE}, {LORD.LINK}, raised the banner of rebellion against {OLDLORD}. {?LORD.GENDER}She{?}He{\?} claims that the {OLDLORD} has favored the strong and rich over the weak, and that it is time to right past wrongs and restore the rule of justice." />

The current {LORD_TITLE}, {LORD.LINK}, inherited the throne from {OLDLORD}. {?LORD.GENDER}She{?}He{\?} has pledged to open {?LORD.GENDER}her{?}his{\?} halls to all petitioners, no matter how small, and ensure that justice is done." />

The current {LORD_TITLE}, {LORD.LINK}, raised the banner of rebellion against {OLDLORD}. {?LORD.GENDER}She{?}He{\?} claims that the {OLDLORD} has violated the laws and traditions of the {FACTION_LINK}, undermining all the guarantees that protect a free people from the whims of a tyrant." />

The current {LORD_TITLE}, {LORD.LINK}, inherited the throne from {OLDLORD}. {?LORD.GENDER}She{?}He{\?} has pledged to uphold all the laws of the {FACTION_LINK}, as befitting the ruler of a free people." />

These strings might be relevant to the thread. I think inheriting is a thing

Thanks for the info mate, do you have any information about joining in minor factions ?

Unfortunately minor factions are single clans just with unique troops and mechanics; as you can't join another clan you can't join a minor faction. Though it does sound like you can foster good relations with them to hire their troops and possibly request their support in battle.

Unfortunately minor factions are single clans just with unique troops and mechanics; as you can't join another clan you can't join a minor faction. Though it does sound like you can foster good relations with them to hire their troops and possibly request their support in battle.
Shame, im disapointed :cry:

I think you can marry into noble/royal families, even though not in the begininig of the game, once your rank or the one of your clan ist high eneogh. Maybe you'll have to be a ruler to be considering on marrieng another royal.

Back
Top Bottom