Bannerlord, Diplomacy and Strategic improvements before the battle begins.

Users who are viewing this thread

I know that many like me hate it when your 1 meter from your enemy talking with them but suddenly the battle begins with 1 click and now you'r starting at the other side of the map beginning to slaughter your enemy, my suggestion is to make the game much more REALISTIC, when you (The general) and your enemy lord meet in the battle you begin to speak, both sides spawn near your armies but nobody moves yet, you and 2 or more bodyguards (can be companions) must ride and meet the enemy lord face to face to start negotiations, after you finish you may have the option to attack the lord before he returns to his army but it will cause a major penalty in your honor and relationship with the attacked lord/faction, but gives you tactical advantage as the enemy army will attack without any tactic (there lord is dead)

But if you consider not to attack you shall ride back to your army and have another option "Give a speech"  (With a voice, and popular speeches of medieval leaders that gives you goosebumps :grin:) and the amount of the raised morale depends on your persuasion (that skill was almost useless in Warband  compare to the others, so giving it something like this will improve the consideration to upgrade) after the speech, your troops will not consider to escape the battle and fight to the last of them, if it is on max your soldiers will get a little boost in there stats, abit more hp/power attack, Your a charismatic leader and your army will follow you to death!

This will allow you to be a true commander and not a "superhero" killing 200 troops by yourself in every battle just by pumping str to max

More ideas about this topic is welcome and even a mod with this would be amazing!
Ty for reading.

PS: I know I had some fail grammar when I posted it but I fixed most of it, English isn't my first nor second language... :sad:

True leader of men... Mongol: The Rise of Genghis Khan (movie) rings in my head.

#To be like a more realistic game if we have an option of starting a village of our own whenever we have an army of more than 150, it will look realistic. Doing so (starting a village) would subtract 150 troops from ur command and some amount of money like 50,000 denars (to build the infra structures and based on engineering skill and requires sometime like a 2-3 days).

#I was also thinking if we have option to hunt animals - deer, tiger, bear for their skin(hide to sell in cities) or meat in the forest it will be good. The fight scene would be small like that of raiding a bandit camp and we are spawned with only hunting bow, a knife and a bunch of javs + with only 2 of our troops. tigers or leopard to charge on us and deers would run away, if animals ran away we'll have to wait or come in another opportunity!

I think ur opinion of talking before each war would consume time (riding back and forth), but motivating the soldiers looks realistic and fine. The Animation of talking to your own soldiers should be like that of normal dialogue scene, i.e. showing your character with options, aft choosing a dialogue then ur soldiers with their response.
Some dialogues to choose from options like "we'll crush them all" "take no prisoners" "I know we are out numbered but we'll give them hell" "we'll rain them arrows" etc etc.
This talk with soldiers could be an option in the screen where they give "charge them""tell ur men to attack without you" etc, we can have talk to ur soldiers.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Alternate better idea~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Or Instead we can drop the entire screen where they have "charge them""tell ur men to attack without you" etc and put the list of options as an animation of dialogue between u and ur soldiers. It actually is like riding towards the enemy in main screen and challenging them and coming back to ur soldiers and commanding them.

BradM96 said:
#To be like a more realistic game if we have an option of starting a village of our own whenever we have an army of more than 150, it will look realistic. Doing so (starting a village) would subtract 150 troops from ur command and some amount of money like 50,000 denars (to build the infra structures and based on engineering skill and requires sometime like a 2-3 days).

To be more realistic than it should be 50 Male and 50 Female troops from your army, adding population mechanics like some mods have but more advanced which will add real stuff like Diseases, lack of food or the opposite, Poor/Rich will have a major effect on your population growth and how it resembles your Village/Castle/Town, for example a poor village will exactly look poor, few cattle,Wooden Houses, less villagers, ragged clothes, and the villagers look tired, unhealthy and even a thin and weak dog lays on the shade, while a rich village will have big houses made of stone with well dressed people, healthy and smarter overall, by that I mean they will talk with high language

And immigration from village to village or city, from poor villages to rich villages or cities seeking to start a better life if the poor village cant rebuild it self because of looting/bandits and their lord isnt doing anything to improve the situation and even makes it worse, and if it continues for a while the villagers shall riot and if the King is a good ruler he will give the fief to someone who is more capable of handling the fief than the current lord, if the king is bad or a close friend of the fief's lord he shall stop the riot by force, than the villagers will request help from the neighboring faction to help them, and it may start a war.

If the war starts the village will rebel and automatically join the faction  they requested help from, The village shall become part of the closest city, but it will return to its original city if the original city is captured by its new faction or the closest city was captured by its previous rulers, I would love to see such events happen in the new M&B, real border conflicts and reasons to go into bloody war.

BradM96 said:
#I was also thinking if we have option to hunt animals - deer, tiger, bear for their skin(hide to sell in cities) or meat in the forest it will be good. The fight scene would be small like that of raiding a bandit camp and we are spawned with only hunting bow, a knife and a bunch of javs + with only 2 of our troops. tigers or leopard to charge on us and deers would run away, if animals ran away we'll have to wait or come in another opportunity!

Some mods have this already but adding this with a real organized company will improve it by allot.

BradM96 said:
I think ur opinion of talking before each war would consume time (riding back and forth)

Than you will have an option to turn it off and go back to native war style, but it doesnt apply to small battles or against bandits and such only when there is 2 huge armies are about to clash at each other

BradM96 said:
"Some mods have this already but adding this with a real organized company will improve it by allot."

which mod has animal hunt feature? i would like to download

Brytenwalda has it, really great mod if you still didn't play it, and its completed so most of the bugs were fixed.

Back
Top Bottom