banned for no reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Halcyon

Sergeant Knight
ok so this happened just right now, i entered the US DM server, US_S2, map field by the river vaegir vs swadia. I just killed a couple guys and a ban poll came up and i did nothing wrong.

I am sick and tired of people, especially new players abusing these polls.

EDIT: these are the in game names of the people that were in the server at the time:

Neut
Lord_Pickle_Dick
Mr_Smokey
quave
Koolchair

Image of chat log:
mb1-1.jpg

yes i know but i dont give a damn. People should be abusing these polls especially when nothing was done wrong. I want the person that submitted the poll to be permanently banned from all US servers. The others that pressed one should also get banned, but i will be happy with just the one that submitted it.

COGlory said:
I agree with Halycon 
I think the offenders should be perma banned.  Assuming his story is true.

i have no reason to lie, the image shows as much as it can.

Looks like you were owning them pretty bad.

Probably just a few friends who wanted to kill each other instead of getting owned.

In saying that, you're 100% in the right. These stupid bans really have to stop, one way or another.

Its annoying but its unlikely to continue post release, anyone should be able to host a small DM server for themselves and a few friends so server real estate wont be limited like it is right now.

We just need to put up with it for a little while longer...

Lord Rich said:
Its annoying but its unlikely to continue post release, anyone should be able to host a small DM server for themselves and a few friends so server real estate wont be limited like it is right now.

We just need to put up with it for a little while longer...

We won't be "putting up with it".  Very soon the admins will have access to the server file and we'll know exactly what went down.

I'll look into it tonight Halcy. In all the months we've been playing together I never even once have seen the slightest infraction from you. These newbies here were clearly out of line

Considering there were just 6 people and its only a 30 min ban, and your clan doesn't own the server, and you could play on a multitude of other servers, I wouldn't cry about it. But thats just me.

yes because not crying about just means that they can go ahead and do it again to some one else without any punishment. There was no reason to ban me, therefore they abused a mechanic that is there to help people that are truly trying to play.

they dont own the server either. So yes i will 'cry' about this.

Halcyon said:
yes because not crying about just means that they can go ahead and do it again to some one else without any punishment. There was no reason to ban me, therefore they abused a mechanic that is there to help people that are truly trying to play.

they dont own the server either. So yes i will 'cry' about this.
Hark!  The crybaby is right!

I've got an idea that would kinda help with situations like this.

Right now we (admins) can change the poll acceptance threshold. Normally it's set at 51%, so any time there's even a very slight majority the vote passes. I'd like to be able to set a "ban poll threshold," as I believe a more severe punishment should require more than just a single extra vote past the midpoint.

As for Halcyon's situation, we've already got admins working on that one. So I'll leave it at that.

Orion said:
I've got an idea that would kinda help with situations like this.

Right now we (admins) can change the poll acceptance threshold. Normally it's set at 51%, so any time there's even a very slight majority the vote passes. I'd like to be able to set a "ban poll threshold," as I believe a more severe punishment should require more than just a single extra vote past the midpoint.

As for Halcyon's situation, we've already got admins working on that one. So I'll leave it at that.
I agree a ban is more serious and should take a decent majority.  The way it is now someone can get banned if the entire team hates him for doing too good as long as that team has 1 more person in it.

Back
Top Bottom