matmohair1 said:
16th century Ottoman mail is quite interesting
the rings are sometimes embossed with prayers & quranic inscriptions

chainmail.jpg
picture1mxr.png

Mail_detail_1.jpg

picture1gj.png
Sheeeit.
Mail-making: For those who have a ****load of time.

Rallix said:
armourweapons00ffou_0033.png
I am curious as to how faithful renderings 12 and 13 are. Here they have veritable rings, convex rings protruding from the armour (this is especially apparent in nr. 13). Do they protrude in the originals, I wonder?

matmohair1 said:
An interesting image. However, the artist seems to be a novice. That's a very wide axe blade; though it may be thin.
There was most likely various styles of padded leather armors back then, but I do wonder if any design can be confirmed.

Rallix said:
matmohair1 said:
An interesting image. However, the artist seems to be a novice. That's a very wide axe blade; though it may be thin.
There was most likely various styles of padded leather armors back then, but I do wonder if any design can be confirmed.

-The Saxon's armour....supposed to be Studded Leather? And if indeed is one...how could it be protective? Without the leather being boiled...? Flexible leather with gaps and studs in them? Well...the gaps aren't huge? And it's not even ring mail (with rings sewn to backing of boiled leather), it's just some Studs...and perhaps boiled leather 'stripes' across the armour making 'XX' areas, of protection? Do i picture that correctly?

-About 11 "primitive"-mail, does these findings hold true? Stripes of rings sewn to leather? What territories-period these manuscripts supposed to describe? Didn't the Vikings and Romans mail technique reach them? Why to tailor such an awkward  type of mail...Strange indeed. Nice pics nonetheless !

Has anyone found any research about Comparison of Laminar,Lamellar, Brigandine, Scail and Mail techniques....against hits from bludgeon, pierce or hack weapons ? They where 90% the same principle, but different... was it just cultural influence and experimentation, or other factors that forced so many techniques of Mail....

Back
Top Bottom