Band of Warriors v0.808d August 20, 2007 New Release

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Potential Bug:  I ordered my NPCs to stop using ranged weapons.  They have uniform equipment, all of them (i cheated a bit to get it).  The men, Marnid and Borcha, came into battle wielding giant versions of their 'order scrolls' that they asked me not to remove, while the women came into battle with their bows equipped.  All seven NPCs used standoff tactics like they had bows.

Not a big deal, since it works fine without issuing any orders like that, but thought i'd report it anyways.

Also, i'd like to make a backseat request:  Would it be possible to get a chainmail hauberk/shirt variant that matches the golden hue of the Rus and Shahi helms?  Just a color variation.  's cool if not, i realise it doesn't exactly match any of the mod goals.

We can ask Talak about that, but right now he is busy with the new horses. I'd think that the Mail and Plate or Light Mail and Plate items, done up in that golden hue, would be nice. They match the new blue helmets and the blue & purple Kite Shield very nicely - and tag on Mail Mittens and Mail Boots to complete the set! However, I have a feeling that Taleworlds will be providing this in the near future. If I need to pester Talak ( :grin: ), I'd rather do it for things that make mod-sense right now.

Hmm...MAybe fisheye could help you with the Hero item thing...that is, if he wants to, I know he left cuz he didn't want the hassle...

((Also YAY REGULAR!))

Buenor: The NPCs will only buy ordinary armors, but once they get filthy stinking rich, they will get a reinforced plate (samurai/black/plain/gothic) as a final upgrade. Makes sense if you think about it; they're just optimising their expenditure, no sense getting a reinforced hauberk when you can get ordinary plate armor for cheaper.

Jariik said:
Potential Bug:  I ordered my NPCs to stop using ranged weapons.  They have uniform equipment, all of them (i cheated a bit to get it).  The men, Marnid and Borcha, came into battle wielding giant versions of their 'order scrolls' that they asked me not to remove, while the women came into battle with their bows equipped.  All seven NPCs used standoff tactics like they had bows.

Hardcode: to enable battle orders, have a look at how my mission templates are structured.

P.S. I didn't leave because I didn't want the hassle, I left the mod because I just don't have time to maintain it. Hardcode is doing a fantastic job!

fisheye said:
Buenor: The NPCs will only buy ordinary armors, but once they get filthy stinking rich, they will get a reinforced plate (samurai/black/plain/gothic) as a final upgrade. Makes sense if you think about it; they're just optimising their expenditure, no sense getting a reinforced hauberk when you can get ordinary plate armor for cheaper.

Jariik said:

Hardcode: to enable battle orders, have a look at how my mission templates are structured.

P.S. I didn't leave because I didn't want the hassle, I left the mod because I just don't have time to maintain it. Hardcode is doing a fantastic job!

You both did a fantastic job! Thank you both for the time and effort on this mod.

Uriens said:
fisheye said:

Jariik said:

You both did a fantastic job! Thank you both for the time and effort on this mod.

Hear, hear !!

lancer63 said:
Uriens said:
fisheye said:

Jariik said:

Hear, hear !!

Wonder how many quotes we can get away with...But anyway, you both did an awesome job and I hope hardcode will continue to work hard and fisheye will be alway there with random tidbits of advice...

I'm trying to figure out, but unfortunatly you cant do .807 without fully redownloading, all because of one blasted texture...I still gor 25 min and I started two hours ago...

Edit:  It seems to work ok, no glaring errors or Bugs...

Since Armagan didn't post a thread here with a new module system, I think it will all work. It sounds like the latest 0.807 fixes are core game engine related and not module system related.

Just a note to all, I probably won't get another version out until after Christmas, maybe New Years. Work is very, very busy now, and I need to get my own stuff done for the holidays. If I work on the mod and make any substantial change/fix, I'll do a release. I've been working like crazy, and just need to play M&B for a while to relax :smile:

Oh, and this mod still wouldn't be possible without fisheye, as he has been invaluable in helping me work out various scripting issues. And Talak, too, for all of the great new things to see, wear, and ride in the mod. Now, as soon as silverkatana finishes his update of Dionisia, I can pour forth thanks to him, too :grin:

I think I speak for all of us when I say "Thank You"

Thank you for a spectacular mod that revitalized the fun of native, and thank you for taking a break :p You deserve it after all the hard work, and we need time to accumulate a good sized army with our characters. Frequent updates and bugfixes are spectacular, but it is nice to be able to build up some power in between patches. :p

Yeha...I have dinky armies for all but my Angel of death and She is edited...I need time to play!

The horses are ready for an initial release into Band of Warriors.  I'm not sure when HardCode will add them as he is on his well-deserved break. 

Excellent screenshot of Anna on the new horse (#3)! Good enough for a backdrop or a splash screen, just as it is!

EDIT: Thanks to new v0.8 functionality, I've got a way to do away with those silly "order scrolls" and "expensive clubs" and make everything compatible with Dionysia, I'll see if I can get it incorporated some time later.

Those horses are amazing! The texture quality, in my opinion, is one of the best I've seen so far for this game. You should think about doing some major texture revamping for some of the other items in-game already*  :wink:

fisheye said:
Excellent screenshot of Anna on the new horse (#3)! Good enough for a backdrop or a splash screen, just as it is!

EDIT: Thanks to new v0.8 functionality, I've got a way to do away with those silly "order scrolls" and "expensive clubs" and make everything compatible with Dionysia, I'll see if I can get it incorporated some time later.

Yeah, Talak is da man!

As per the PM fisheye, I'll be sending you the code. I have everything well commented, and all lines from vanilla are in the files, but commented out. So, finding everything should be easy. One thing I did do was move some of the script that was "in-line scipt" in module_dialogs.py into module_scripts.py, and just added the script call. I'll try to remember exactly where that was, and let you know.

Yeah, I'm still not real happy with them.  I started with an alpha channel for the tail, making it shaggy, which was an improvement, but I can't have that and the shiny shaders, so I removed it. I could make the mesh shaggier but it would increase the poly count.  I'm still trying a few things, I'll post an update if there's any progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom