what would you like to be added first

• balance

• features

• fixes

• i use mods for these

• i dont care

Results are only viewable after voting.

Users who are viewing this thread

I suspect, feature wise, there isn't much left to add. Working perks and a bit more kingdom management and the game would be feature complete. Anything beyond that would be the providence of a much longer development window (though I suspect Taleworlds will rolls something out on release as a sort of release bonus). Features also take way more time than balance and bug fixing, so you can't expect them particularly fast.

I suspect, feature wise, there isn't much left to add. Working perks and a bit more kingdom management and the game would be feature complete. Anything beyond that would be the providence of a much longer development window (though I suspect Taleworlds will rolls something out on release as a sort of release bonus). Features also take way more time than balance and bug fixing, so you can't expect them particularly fast.

I think this is the reality of it, we probably have a much more feature complete game than we suspect lol.

Last edited:
I really hope they didn't think since warband that players waited only more quests, better economy and general minor improvement...

Players of such games want strategy and management... And actually it looks really cheap (diplomacy, orders, fiefs/clan/character management, UI...)

Hope

I hope they add features because frankly, I am bored with the game. Never played Warband, so this is all new to me.

Early game is fun when you are starting out, and some of the mid-game stuff is cool, but right now it is super boring as a clan within a kingdom. I own 1 castle where it was relatively easy to build everything. Okay, done with that.

I don't really accumulate influence other than capturing prisoners, so I can't do much in terms of creating armies and influencing things politically.

Tournaments, been there, done that. Quests, the same.

I basically spend my time chasing bandits and looters around the map to level up my troops. I then might fight a battle here and there against an enemy kingdom, but there isn't any real weight to these battles. They don't feel meaningful.

Everything just feels very shallow. It lacks the depth of a RPG like Elder Scrolls and the depth of strategy game like the Total War series. So now all you have is this shallow game that loses any immersion that would make it fun.

balancing the game in the current state is stupid. nerfing weapons,trade simulations is stupid.
all these things are effected by perks that are not in yet
how can you balance something without a feature tied to it that changes it entirely

balance updates before perks and features are a joke
with all respected the devs are finding holes and digging deeper into a never ending circle of balance
because once perks come out the whole system will need balance re-adjustment
time is money stop wasting money on temporary solution and put it into the features
1000% content.
Why?
Modders add lots of balance and small features, we need the big features to build on top of.
Balance comes with features. Every time new feature, new balance. Better to get the features first, break game, balance.

When 75% of the perks don't work I think that should take priority.

Don't care about balance that much in a single player portion. Would enjoy expanded caravan, mercenary and bandit options.

Yeah...agree with the OP, the recent influence balance when diplomacy and all of the features that will affect / determine influence gain haven't been implemented yet is a totally illogical waste of time and resources.

No new content since release (5 weeks), I don´t expect any new content soon if ever...

Seems like TW devs can just change some numbers. This game has such a huge potencial, but TW doesn´t do anything to improve it.

My mid/late game still feels the same as when I started to play after the release.

- Fight looters
- Do some generic quests
- Fight other bandits
- Get a workshop/caravan
- Become a vassal

Win the game

alternative

- Create your kingdom, get steamrolled

Last edited:
I feel like if nobody had pointed out 90% of the perks do nothing, they wouldn't have even acknowledged it. Simply the way the system is represented in the game prior to this week (1 tree, really?) was that everything without a placeholder icon should, in theory, work. But it doesn't. There is currently like 2-3 possible builds you can even do currently due to the fact the perks the entire character development system is based on don't. work.

Balancing stupid **** like influence gain when you can't even PROPERLY manage your own kingdom as well as taking a shot in the dark on voting on policies with your influence anyway since a lot of them (and again, it appears as if they work theres no indication that they don't) don't do anything at all.

I don't know why they are wasting their time and our time with these wish-washy balancing changes that they often go back and forth on when largely everything below the very surface level of this game is broken or unimplemented.

Edit: to avoid double posting,
Warband is my favorite game of all time, and the mods make it a 10/10 to me. but it is honestly okay at best without mods. Every man and his dog used at the very least diplomacy mod to make Warband a more enjoyable experience, I understand it's not quite related to this but the point stands - please TW don't let bannerlord be the same thing. Let the vanilla game stand on it's own without needing community mods to really function well.

Last edited:
balancing the game in the current state is stupid. nerfing weapons,trade simulations is stupid.
all these things are effected by perks that are not in yet
how can you balance something without a feature tied to it that changes it entirely

balance updates before perks and features are a joke
with all respected the devs are finding holes and digging deeper into a never ending circle of balance
because once perks come out the whole system will need balance re-adjustment
time is money stop wasting money on temporary solution and put it into the features
1. Changing balance and adding new content isn't done by the same people at taleworlds, therefore content might take longer while balance takes faster.
2. This is early access where devs are supposed to work on balance via player input. Would a player play an unbalanced unfun game? No, so balance should be improved upon in order to encourage good player experience which helps in developing the game.
3. In terms of testing balance, if you add 100 balance changes at the same time and it messes up the game how do you know which change affected the game bad? Exactly, you don't. That's why balance needs to be done continuously, to be able to pinpoint the issues.

tbh didnt expect a crushing majority going fixes and features though this could con
1. Changing balance and adding new content isn't done by the same people at taleworlds, therefore content might take longer while balance takes faster.
2. This is early access where devs are supposed to work on balance via player input. Would a player play an unbalanced unfun game? No, so balance should be improved upon in order to encourage good player experience which helps in developing the game.
3. In terms of testing balance, if you add 100 balance changes at the same time and it messes up the game how do you know which change affected the game bad? Exactly, you don't. That's why balance needs to be done continuously, to be able to pinpoint the issues.
no one said 100
1 for now would be good

I hope they add features because frankly, I am bored with the game. Never played Warband, so this is all new to me.
I will just tell you about PoP mod for warband. In mid game you can:

1) Your own kingdom of course
2) End game tournamenst. With bad***s warriors and huge rewards.
3) Armies of invaders 1000+ men. You can get the best items in the game from them
4) Your own knights order. You can uquip and train them as you want.

I even didnt like the wars in PoP becouse i had so much things to do instead.

Man I miss the little things about Warband that Bannerlord lacks. Yes, Bannerlord will satisfy your battles and sieges fix, but Warband is better everywhere else. It just seemed to me that Warband had more to do outside of fighting, fighting and more fighting..............

I bought this game because I thought it would be a better Warband; I thought this game would give me the same amount of thrills Warband did when I first experienced it.

I would gladly pay $200 for this game if it gave me a real world, intriguing, dynamic characters, quests, events, dialogue - all of it - and not just fighting, fighting, and more fighting.......... because you know what? If they added all of it, all of that fighting would mean a lot more. It gets so old to conquer the map after you've taken over a quarter of it. Like, why should I keep going?

I heard they want to make the map even bigger so there's more to conquer next, but I think they are expanding the wrong way. Make the game beefier not repetitive. Think Cyberpunk 2077's Night City. Let's aim for GTA V or Skyrim (lots of cool variety in these games) sales numbers next time, not AoE or TW just because they're in the same genre. I expect more from the world of Calradia than sieging and fighting in the fields.

These new guys that are experiencing MB for the first time coming to TaleWorlds forums trying to compare MB to Total War think they're doing TaleWorlds a favor and they are not. Think bigger. I propose they aim for those other titles mentioned above that seem to keep their games engaging without making them repetitive.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom