[B] TEatRC Warband 1.134

Users who are viewing this thread

Trajano said:
Fellows, seriously, can it get it properly working in DX9, por favor?
I've replaced weapons_024.dds with one of the preexisting textures, which actually work suprisingly well

You can either chose between the groovy leopard-skin holster (zollern_armor) on the left, or the stylish chainmail holster (gauntlets_new) to the right.
This patch should allow you to run it on Dx9 (See screenshot), although with my crappy graphics you can't tell the difference. Put it into the Resources folder.

Sniffels said:
There's just a few things that bother me. In the Haelmar Union region ( and everywhere where it's hilly) my party seems to move on rails. When i want to e.g. go from village x to castle y, there seems to be just one way. Apart from that it's just the thing with the wars, but you fixed it. And one more thing you might add is the movement order from the classic EATRC. So when you press e you give a move there order. It's great for tactics, as it's hard to give accurate movement orders with the minimap on backspace.
About the commanding via pressing E, it was always in Warband, just hold F1 and a flag magically appears for you to plant.
I'm not going to bother updating the map, Corvid has had a fixed map (supposedly) since February 26th.

I'll look into the looting problem too. I've noticed that almost every troop in tEatRC has more equipment than it needs (for looting reasons), and so I'll probably downgrade to the 1.103 looting system. Besides, I got Gramrock after killing 10 or so Uhlan deserters with Rolf at level 3, so that might be a problem.

Is that... multiplayer?

*Venitius falls over in shock*

Quick! Scramble the troops! We must oil the machines! Start progress on the next chapter! Viva Haelmar!

Thanks for porting teatrc Somebody. It's just great to be able to play it on warband!

I was wondering, would you mind making your latest source available so that those of us who would like to tweak it might do so?

Sources is going to be available soon. It's been included in some of the earlier zip releases, just not the installer versions.
So has multiplayer... In fact, most of the screenshots in the first post were of me screwing around with bots, since I ported the items before the singleplayer stuff. Check out the gallery and kill some bots after.

I've noticed that since I've made guns switchable to melee, the Haelmar musketeers have been less effective. Should I make that a separate item for multiplayer only, since they won't switch to their axes and swords anymore? The same applies for the Imperial State troops.

I kind of feel sad that you guys haven't noticed some of the new features (multiplayer? what's that?). In fact, it took more time finding items for the classes and balancing their stats and killing bots with them than the actual porting. I'll update the first post sometime soon with a semi-full list of features.

Of course I know of multiplayer! I'm in the Mount & Musket mod team..

It's just that one of my hopes for EATRC has been.. fulfilled.

I would suggest giving the interchangeable musket to player inventories during multiplayer and in shops in singleplayer while giving the bots their axes and swords. This should even it out, and allow players who wish to use their musket as a weapon while bots can use axes or swords. And the players who wish to use the axes and swords can do so.

Alright, first post is updated with multiplayer class names and stuff. Venitus, if you have a decent comp, try to make some screenshots and edit the post if you want to. I'll change the guns and make an installer with the source soon.

Oh ok, I'll look for what you released in zip format.

Well i didn't notice much of a difference since i don't play Halmar or the IS that much but I'll test them in custom battle to see how they perform.

By the way, have u tried setting the guns to penetrate shield instead of bonus against shield? Makes those guns even deadlier than before! As for the Zweihander, flamberge and claymore, It would be better for them to have the spear thrust instead of the two hander one. 

I haven't really paid attention to this thread, until now. So this is pretty much Chapter 3 except for Warband? With multiplayer! Does it have all the extra dialogues and map and unique items and so on?

Yeah I wonder if the singleplayer works just as flawless as it is supposed to be in Warband Native, there are a lot of extra features that need to be accommodated in the port.

Newest version is now out
I'll need your help in polishing some stuff, such as lady names, and lore, and various other bugs I haven't found yet.
In case you haven't noticed or have been too busy killing to flirt with the ladies, the names for those new ladies (State, Union, and Duchy) are just Swadian, Vaegir, and Khergit lady names, with the first and last letters switched. They also look the same.
In case you've always clicked continue when starting a new game, the wall of text displayed when you take a caravan to your starting city is copy-pasted fragments from those descriptions in the original Warband.

Also, let's try to get Multiplayer stuff balanced before moving this to the Caravanserai. I've only been practicing against bots.
Also, stickify.

I suppose Swadian and Imperial State would be the same. Laurian would be Spanish, Haelmarians would be Scandinavian, Duchy would be Polish (with a few Lithuanian possibly), Vaegirs Russian and Ormelis would be Turkish.

This may help.

I suppose we better move the entire forum.

EDIT =  Suggestions (based on lore.. as well as my own ideas and a few bugs) on my part:

Scrap Auxilliary of the Radiant Cross: the Ptians, Ellisians, Kara-Khitan etc ARE Auxilliaries of the Radiant Cross. I would recommend, if you want a javelin-throwing LT-ist, call it "Ellisian Thurephoros/Thureophoroi (plural)" and give it the Mail Shirt/Byzantion Helmet that Veteran Ellisians wear. And either a short sword or a spear.

I'd recommend replacing the Nord Axemen - elites only in the Maelstrom Company - with Nord Watch, the Haelmarian Black Watch, as it were, with "light" muskets or calivers as well as axes or possibly bastard swords as a purchase.

Same really goes for Union Infantry - the Haelmarian Expeditionary Force relies mainly on firepower, and with only a few melee dedicated companies, most of them elite. Perhaps adding in Union Pikemen?

Crusaders sound like the Cavalry of the Radiant Cross, and that is their proper name, really..
The plural of "infantry" is "infantry".

As for AI suggestions for the other factions:

Swadia could get some Guerilla unit - a weakened Hershey's peasant with a jumble of weapons including looted stuff and plenty of firearms.

The double-barrel Caliver used by the Guard is the Repeater Rifle.

I just ran into that nasty surprise. Oh they only have 2... 4! 4 shots aha ha ha. My poor infantry.  :cry:

Is anybody else finding companions in taverns dressed up in girly gear? I was really suprised when I found Borcha in Vienna wearing a lovely neat bride's dress, looked great with his 3-day-beard.

This seems too good to be true. I'll try it if I get the chance.

Somebody, if you are still looking for lady names, I'll give you your Ormelli names

http://www.s-gabriel.org/names/ursula/ottoman/feminine.html
(16th century ottoman names, or so it says. Though there are some male names mixed in that list, it's not a disaster. And don't mind the special characters)

Back
Top Bottom