Axe's "Bonus agaisnt shields" removed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Maybe because axes do piercing damage and would be over-powered? Besides, shields are so weak in this mod that you really don't need it. Would be cool to have on the huge 2-handed axes that does cutting damage, though.

Ahamm... Never thought of that :razz:
The big axes could probably be the "Nordic Axe" or what's it's name (the one some kings use), don't know if there are any larger axes or not... How big are you thinking of?

The Long Axe and the Long War Axe. Both of them are over a meter long(115 and 122 cm respectively). They both do cutting damage. The Nordic Axe does piercing damage.

zajuts149 said:
The Long Axe and the Long War Axe. Both of them are over a meter long(115 and 122 cm respectively). They both do cutting damage. The Nordic Axe does piercing damage.

Ohhhhhh you meant changing the damage type of those two axes to piercing too?
When I replied it was kinda late and wasn't firing all cylinders...

zajuts149 said:
No, I meant let them do damage to shields.

Since they do cutting damage they should deal bonus vs shields then?
That isnt too hard, just grab the text editor from the modding tools in this forum and put the flag for it in the items you want.

I already played around with that a bit and made some interesting stuff, like making lances appear on back (helps a lot to see which weapons the companions have in the party screen) and the edit I made to the crossbows looks awesome too. If I look at the kill log during a match the bows still manage to get the most kills vs low armored enemies just as before, but against heavily armored enemies the crossbows really have a chance and deal slightly more damage, enough to slowly wear them down. A side effect is that a headshot on some enemies deals 100+ damage, but I have never played as an archer/crossbowman in this mod so I cant say much other than what I see the AI do.

Back
Top Bottom