Auto-Block or Manually-Block?

Users who are viewing this thread

It was an extremely popular request a few months ago.

was it extremely? I didn't watch the forums, but on the steam replies there were only 2-3 people spam-requesting it. One a boomer saying he got no reflexes for the current blocking system anymore, and others some mount and blade warband singleplayer veterans I guess. Dunno what went on the forums otherwise.

Wasted a bit of time implementing what could easily be a mod. Other than that, I am sad they downgraded the AI and now the AI sucks in combat, probably catering to the same 3 spamming players...

Play without auto-block on. That's like journalist mode in games nowadays, basically cheats imo. All you need more is auto-aim and auto-walk and you don't have to play the game anymore. The game is pretty barren as it is, and combat is one big plus that it has. I'd say enjoy it as it was meant to be;

manual blocking since the first M&B otherwise you don't learn the combat system for real if your shield ever breaks and would be in a world of pain for multiplaye lol (and i find it more fun and rewarding aswell)

auto-blocking! beacause my reflexes are terrible and I can't be bothered to try to overcome it :smile:

was it extremely? I didn't watch the forums, but on the steam replies there were only 2-3 people spam-requesting it. One a boomer saying he got no reflexes for the current blocking system anymore, and others some mount and blade warband singleplayer veterans I guess. Dunno what went on the forums otherwise.

Wasted a bit of time implementing what could easily be a mod. Other than that, I am sad they downgraded the AI and now the AI sucks in combat, probably catering to the same 3 spamming players...

Play without auto-block on. That's like journalist mode in games nowadays, basically cheats imo. All you need more is auto-aim and auto-walk and you don't have to play the game anymore. The game is pretty barren as it is, and combat is one big plus that it has. I'd say enjoy it as it was meant to be;

everyone I know in person who ever played the original M&B (something like 5 people) have played it with the auto block - and they are not the kind of people that tend to argue things on forums - I'm pretty sure there are a lot of people who have played the original M&B in a casual way and they saw there is a new game in the series available so they've tried it and found out it's much harder than it used to be, so the've moved on to other more casual games - I'm that kind of person as well - I've bought the game at the (early access) launch and shelved it almost immedeatly because of the missing autoblock and the snowballing on a campain map - now I'm back to try it again so I want to thank devs for bringing this awesome feature back! :smile: I'll buy some DLC when it comes out

I'm unable to learn mouse movement, I've tried and tried, maybe I've been playing too long with keyboard blocking (since wb)

auto-blocking! beacause my reflexes are terrible and I can't be bothered to try to overcome it :smile:

everyone I know in person who ever played the original M&B (something like 5 people) have played it with the auto block - and they are not the kind of people that tend to argue things on forums - I'm pretty sure there are a lot of people who have played the original M&B in a casual way and they saw there is a new game in the series available so they've tried it and found out it's much harder than it used to be, so the've moved on to other more casual games - I'm that kind of person as well - I've bought the game at the (early access) launch and shelved it almost immedeatly because of the missing autoblock and the snowballing on a campain map - now I'm back to try it again so I want to thank devs for bringing this awesome feature back! :smile: I'll buy some DLC when it comes out

That's great. But the warband combat seemed so janky and hard to see for me, especially in multiplayer. Bannerlord seems a lot better. I'm happy they didn't add autoblock from the start (I played warband with autoblock on too), because I could learn this fun combat and now I can also enjoy multiplayer games and put up a fight, and it's so satisfying. But I get what you're saying even so

This thread attracts real try hards.
Some are acting as if multi-player was a serious thing in bannerlord others are acting as if playing with auto block was only done by casuals.
Pathetic.

Back
Top Bottom