Australian servers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Just want to put my support in for an aussie server as well. Even though I am not in the beta, I may yet be, and I would wish for a server down here for us to play on.

Please Armagan, don't forget those down here in Aus!

And, you know, all the other countries in the area that would benefit from a more local server and that make up a significant proportion of the community.

How many aussies/oceanics are there here? My friend is keen on teh idea but I have to go over stats with TW to figure out what kind of bandwidth usage there'd be to run it, and getting a figure on players would be good toward this.

There's a good twenty or so of us in the Beta by my count, although the Dev's could tell you the precise amount.

However I'd imagine seeing as we're a fair bit closer than America or Europe there'd also be many players from Singapore, Korea, etc, joining an Australian server given the chance.

Still, even on the busier nights the 64 player servers in America and Europe are rarely full, so we probably won't need that big a server.

Aussie here as well, just apply for beta tester too, one more support on setup an Australian server!  :grin:

btw..M&B is one of the few game that relatively less demanding these days, and it has survived 3 times of my vista reinstallation
Go Taleworlds!  (Go Cats..on AFL final)  :wink:

Moss said:
There's a good twenty or so of us in the Beta by my count, although the Dev's could tell you the precise amount.

However I'd imagine seeing as we're a fair bit closer than America or Europe there'd also be many players from Singapore, Korea, etc, joining an Australian server given the chance.

Still, even on the busier nights the 64 player servers in America and Europe are rarely full, so we probably won't need that big a server.
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the beta testers were accepted by region so the dev's could more than likely give you an exact number. However the beta application has re-opened so there's bound to be more.

Still waiting on reply to a pm I sent or maybe didn't send I am not sure as it doesn't appear in my sent folder. I will email TW soont o get exact figures etc and see if they are still willing to do it.

**Off topic what's with all the steampunks here :grin:**

Well I've pretty much given up playing on either EU/US servers. I only login just to watch or mess around rather than actually play and fight. We really need a closer server.

**There's a Steam Punk RP game, a steam punk mod and a steam punk game being developed on the forum. Also, steam punk is awesome.**

Unless you have the option "Save a copy in my outbox" checked, it won't save you a copy. Did you mention the Server in the topic line though? From what I've heard Armagan gets quite a lot of PM's about the beta, so he might have just skipped over it as another "Lolz, i can haz betaz?" if it just had a name like "M&B Beta". :razz:

Moss said:
**There's a Steam Punk RP game, a steam punk mod and a steam punk game being developed on the forum. Also, steam punk is awesome.**

Unless you have the option "Save a copy in my outbox" checked, it won't save you a copy. Did you mention the Server in the topic line though? From what I've heard Armagan gets quite a lot of PM's about the beta, so he might have just skipped over it as another "Lolz, i can haz betaz?" if it just had a name like "M&B Beta". :razz:
Actually he took notice of one I sent him which linked him to this thread, that or it may have been coincidence that he posted on this exact thread less than an hour after I sent it  :lol:

hehe I'm pretty sure I put the subject as something like Aussie server request, although maybe he has a lot of those already.

edit: Ok sent a new pm just in case, hope I didn't come off as nagging :razz:

2nd edit: Thanks TW for getting back to me :smile: sorting through it with friend.

I be Aussie +1000000000 (cause i'm awesome) lol
if i could get a server i'd be happy to put it up for Mount&Blade warband...but thats not going to happen for about a year or so  :oops:

Count me in too.  Aussie, been playing the run of servers.
250 for US and 350 for EU.  Can't stress enough, about Oceania server/s.
Also, ACC1 proposed that all Aussies should add "_AU" to their names.
Can't think of a better way to get our voice heard and to have an impromptu clan.

I'll be looking forward to better pings and less lag.

Athelstane said:
Count me in too.  Aussie, been playing the run of servers.
250 for US and 350 for EU.  Can't stress enough, about Oceania server/s.
Also, ACC1 proposed that all Aussies should add "_AU" to their names.
Can't think of a better way to get our voice heard and to have an impromptu clan.

I'll be looking forward to better pings and less lag.

Would we not put it at the beginning of our names so it would be "AU_"?
I'll do it for the benefit of grouping, but posting in this thread is the best and only effective way IMO of having our voices heard by those who matter. By the looks of things we've got quite a few testers needing this.

Yes, and not only Aussies. I think there's at least four :razz: of my fellow countrymen on Taleworlds, if (currently) possibly not in the beta. (I'm not complaining that I'm in, but the luck of the draw could've gone to someone with a better computer, heh)
UberWiggett said:
2nd edit: Thanks TW for getting back to me :smile: sorting through it with friend.
Yay!

Bloid said:
Yes, and not only Aussies. I think there's at least four :razz: of my fellow countrymen on Taleworlds, if (currently) possibly not in the beta. (I'm not complaining that I'm in, but the luck of the draw could've gone to someone with a better computer, heh)
UberWiggett said:
Yay!
:shock:
My heart just stopped....oh there we go  :grin:

Back
Top Bottom