{} Australia & New Zealand Multiplayer Community Thread {}

Users who are viewing this thread

There's a new duel server with brainy bots. These bots have some stupid glitched kicks, where you gotta backpeddle constantly to dodge. at the same time they also suck, here is a ft7 with nervous man.

Sundeki said:
What can be done about the current scrim predicament? Everyone is either disbanded or inactive.

Yeah that was basically what it always was like
who gives a ****? of those few people who actually still want scrims, no one wants to keep them going after doing a few. there are good players mixed with much weaker ones, making it impossible to rely on teammates and making it low quality. the other option is having only good players vs good players. here we only have like a 4v4 which isnt a problem, but it isnt a scrim.

TerrorBite said:
Sundeki said:
What can be done about the current scrim predicament? Everyone is either disbanded or inactive.

Yeah that was basically what it always was like
who gives a ****?

Take a Valium clown, heaps of people want to scrim. If all you want to do is duel, that's fine, but don't presume that even a notable minority have the same opinion.

i explained "who gives a ****?" right after saying it...
we (myself included) already tried getting scrims going, and they were occurring frequently, but the community got sick of them and clans died.
without a certain event quality people get bored, and even though some of you may have forgotten how low quality they are, it doesnt change the fact that those who do remember arent so interested, decreasing the potential player base of scrims (making them even worse).

if you or anyone actually wants to try, go ahead. your first step is obtaining a server that half of the players arent going to complain about. gl.

TerrorBite said:
i explained "who gives a ****?" right after saying it...
we (myself included) already tried getting scrims going, and they were occurring frequently, but the community got sick of them and clans died.
without a certain event quality people get bored, and even though some of you may have forgotten how low quality they are, it doesnt change the fact that those who do remember arent so interested, decreasing the potential player base of scrims (making them even worse).

if you or anyone actually wants to try, go ahead. your first step is obtaining a server that half of the players arent going to complain about. gl.

It's the whole system that contributes to that. Clans only legitimately work if there is enough high level active players in the community as a whole, and that can barely be said of the Australian community. It's too divided and formal. If you want higher level scrims on a frequent basis we need to organize every active player into a single undivided playerpool and create and disband temporary teams from that based upon what players are active at any one time.

It allows new and returning high level players a single location to access higher level play, which makes things far easier. Organizing scrims is also easier as each "leader" doesn't have a severely limited number of players to create teams out of.
The over the top formality doesn't have to be limiting, as you can get whoever is online in that group together for a limited scrim at any time.

And the server issue could be easily remedied with this centralized structure. Have one major server that costs a lot and getting several players donating to it, which would be easier if it's all in one place.

It's all capable of being remedied, but the whole clan ****e that's been there since the dawn of time seems to be stuck in everyone's head.

Munby said:
Starting a warband AU discord to make it easier to organise this kinda stuff than steam dms...
https://discord.gg/M8Ahk9M
join up fellers

non AUs will be  LYNCHED

oeBlBq7.png

get sick bro said:
Dude,that is totally pumpet  i got a regime for u Bro no problems , u got a DOor u got a gym bro , SPLh moss , u hear Bro ? Thanks bro for the  logic  , bro PM comin ur way  , got some deep philopy **** for u Bro , take car bro

check  it out right Here bro no issues , this is Just for u bro

xtCyY.gif

maybe the funniest thing ever

When its 2am and you just wanna make up some bull****...
Advertisement: Siege is the most fun game mode out there, but don't you just hate it when it gets too crowded? Well come over to jim jaedon siege. We have only 20 slots, so you're ensured to have a good time. No more will you have to worry about running into an enemy and getting into a fight, with our selection of huge maps, designed for over 100 players. And if you join within the next 2 months, you get a special deal! That's right, we're giving away 10k gold to the next 15 lucky players who accidentally join our desolate server. So what are waiting for, hop on now.

Hmm, haven't read this for a while.

yedrellow said:
Chevalier is right, the anti-cav is ****house and it frustrates me too. A lot of the players haven't got the polearm + shield in to weapon switch anti-cav down properly.

As a respected and high level AU player, your comment that switching to polearm switch is the correct anti-cav tactic pretty much proves your point that AU is for the most part awful at anti-cav. In a 1v1 situation, correct use of even a shortsword reliably beats any cav player I've ever encountered, so there's a real misunderstanding about the matchup that AU players try to compensate for with overkill, like polearms and ranged weapons, which are a waste of resources and in the case of polearms, are actually a liability, because switching makes you vulnerable to other attacks.

While I do think that top AU inf players were the best in the world a few years ago, it's never had a high skill cav or archer scene, with only really a couple of impressive players in each of those roles (my absolute complete and extremely inclusive list would be Sundeki, eventually indigocylinder and maybe at a stretch ACC1 on cav, RDP and HyperR on bow and one other fellow on both). It's also never been any good whatsoever when it comes to fighting against cav as infantry, which imo is the most skill testing part of the game in terms of footwork and it's a shame that it's so ignored. This is also true of EU and NA servers that I've played, so it's not unique to the AU scene, but I do think cav skill in general is sorely lacking in AU, which makes it even more shameful to be so bad at fighting against it.

That said, I once saw toad chambering couched lances for about 5min straight with a thrust and pulling out of it before it hit the horse head, allowing the oblivious cav noob to come back for another repeat. Not a skill that's remotely useful against a skilled cav player, but pretty funny to watch and certainly good vs almost any AU cav player. I used to sometimes sit on my horse side on against aspiring AU cav players who'd think I'd gotten stuck and go in for the kill with lances lowered, flushed with joy and bursting with pride that they had caught me so, after all of the hurt that I had caused them, competitively and emotionally, only to get chambered and die to my sidearm (competitively and emotionally). :razz:

Sundeki said:
Maybe the second Bannerlord LAN. Not enough no lifer hardcore ****s sinking 60+ hours a week into this game. Even with our inevitable victory, I would still be disappointed with our performance.
:lol:

yedrellow said:
There are only 10-15 no lifers left unfortunately. To have any chance we'd need to perform a ritual to resummon the KEENs and imbue them with immortality.

In all seriousness though, the old guard of warband is just that now. Old. I don't think we'll necessarily be a shoe in to continue being good during bannerlord when we mostly all work full-time jobs now. It's getting harder to put in that 60 hours a week, almost impossible. Probably the only thing I can do is set the younger people getting in to bannerlord on the right footing.

Tbh, I doubt that our old man reflexes are up to being best at Bannerlord, but we have the memories from Warband. :smile:

Sundeki said:
At the end of the day, it is difficult to say, as the fighting styles between regions seem to be quite different. From what I saw in that video, you guys seem to have an over-reliance on left/counterclockwise swings and the facehugging that seems to go on makes your foot movements somewhat predictable. You would probably be kicked half to death. Your blocking and animation positioning seem to be impeccable, though.

You're a fine cav player and it's nice to see you defending the AU pride to the best of your ability, same as all of the newbies posting their embarrassing newbie skrims, at least their hearts are in the right place, but to address your point: a good inf player has spacebar as a hotkey, so the only way they're going to get kicked is if someone initiates a poll and it's determined that they're too good.

Kind of hilarious to see people "seriously" dueling with shields though. The stun time when they break can cost you the match if your opponent knows when it's going to break and positions themself correctly to take advantage of the potential free hit. If you're not crutching with armour, that's often going to be gg. It's like fighting thrust only for the first 10-15 blows or something and the one who finishes first gets the win if they chamber the last thrust. I guess it's a legitimate skill test, but I don't think the people in that video understood the game. There's also the significant fact that you can't trigger an instaswing from a shield block like you can from a manual block and the minor fact that the shield weight reduces your foot speed (as does armour, regardless of the damage that it's taken, so a perfect player would choose not to wear it - a fundamental part of the ideology in any 1st world M&B country).

yedrellow said:
I have 4370 hours. Cobb has over 5000. Sundeki had 4000 hours a few years ago but hasn't played for years, other people have a lot of hours, but I wouldn't be able to tell you how many without too much steam-based sleuthing.

It wouldn't necessarily tell you much anyway. For instance, I've clocked something like a measly 1350 on Steam, but the vast majority of my playtime wasn't through Steam. I bet a lot of older players also ran from direct install, especially those who ran a lot of alts, often on different keys, such as probably everyone in KEEN.

Ciiges said:
1.5k money limit doesn't have to be a problem for cav, if you get dismounted that easily, you're doing something wrong

To be fair, it's a circular argument, because with a 1 cav limit, everyone shoots for the single cav, which probably isn't the experience that you're used to and it takes considerably more skill to be effective in that situation.

Goris said:
Don't expect too much, I think there are only like two good cav players that are active (assuming Sundeki is still playing). The Aus community is so far from its peak that any sort of comparisons to EU/NA are pretty embarrassing at this stage tbh

Understatement of the century (though pretty sure someone in 1918 said "pity that the war's over and mounts and blades are becoming obsolete, but at least AU will be kind of good at M&B for a couple of years in the early 2010s").

Back
Top Bottom