{} Australia & New Zealand Multiplayer Community Thread {}

Users who are viewing this thread

gerbis_zps5fdba495.jpg

Gerbis the destroyer.

BathorysGraveland said:
Well I've strung up the Warband gloves. It was good playing with (some) of you, maybe we shall again in Bannerlord. But if not, farewell.

It'll be sad to see you go Geralt.  You were a real character. I'm impressed with how quickly you got good at the game.  Secretly I'm relieved I don't have to deal with you as cav, you were annoyingly good.

The last 2 years not a single ****ing company can make a good game I'm stuck with warband until someone steps up and puts IN any SOLID effort to make a decent game.

BathorysGraveland said:
Well I've strung up the Warband gloves. It was good playing with (some) of you, maybe we shall again in Bannerlord. But if not, farewell.

I tried this, but after a month or so I ended up coming back. As bull**** stated, there isn't really a good game out yet that surpasses Warband.

Gonna have to keep playing it up until Bannerlord, although I am looking forward to Rome 2 Total War. I hope The Elder Scrolls Online won't be a flop like GW2 was. Also the cRPG dev team are making a medieval game of their own http://meleegaming.com/ could be good.

bull**** said:
The last 2 years not a single ******** company can make a good game I'm stuck with warband until someone steps up and puts IN any SOLID effort to make a decent game.
hangwithbud_zps9a43e7b1.jpg

I guess you'll just have to hang with your buds until something better comes around.

Warband has officially died, while hoping to live to the ripe old age of bannerlord's release, the cretin gon administrators saw fit to replace our much treasured servers with hordes of Chivalry servers to appease the knuckle draggers. It is seen as irrelevant to them, that two thirds of their 25 shiny new chivalry servers remain empty, and that the servers they replaced served as the core of the melee genre for over 18 months. Tradition means nothing and alas, with a single stroke, the servers were destroyed, with not a post in sight. Officially, the three beloved warband servers are still listed on the games.on.net website, but the list is clearly outdated as the chivalry servers existence is also not acknowledged.

To those too new to realise, the gon battle server has had a rich tradition, serving as the sole battle server for the community from the dawn of warband to the depths of late 2011. Unfortunately, rifts between the defunct KOS (led by the now infamous kossack one) and TGB (led by the now infamous TGB Rehmen) caused the first major split, with the founding of gamearena servers. While there were reasons for this split, this first fracture led to the encroachment of the despicable napoleonic wars, and other mods (which at the time were considered to be for the peasantry, but compared to the villainry of Napoleon, seemed to be positive ... Nord Invasion specifically excluded).  The treacherous encroachment by these evil forces destroyed the spine of warband Australia, and all of the founding clans faded in to obscurity. This, the first dark age of Australian warband led to a sharp decline in Australian skill quality, however, a small group vied to maintain this rich tradition.

While the gon battle server remained mosly quiet, the keens a distant memory, and the word scrim being forgotten, a single server maintained some semblance of normality. Gon duel, the premiere duel server, not because it was good, but because it was the least bad. Most people in Australia could get less than 40 ping to this server due to its central location, and its server eclipsed the qualities of TGD's. The date was now December 2011, and the recovery had begun. While the group fighting and scrimming tactics focus of the earlier Australian warband had gone, it had been replaced by a massive focus on individual combat. New players were being trained, and old ones too; soon australian warband had at least one facet of competition, the duel.

Then the second plague of warband came along, the scourge of Napoleon. Napoleon swept all new players in to its wake, and forced them in to the utter heathenous practice of ignoring melee combat. New players, bored by the idea of trying to learn the combat system instead decided to shoot, and avoided native entirely. The influx of new players had ceased, and the second era of warband attrition had begun. Make no mistake, this attrition was caused entirely by the introduction of this incessant musket worshiping idolatry, and Australian warband was severely wounded by the diversion of potential new players to the 'easy option' of just using a gun.

Make no mistake, this is what the new players getting in to warband want it to be like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkLXdLgOybE&feature=player_detailpage#t=8s

The pretenders to the throne of warband, the utterly hopeless Chivalry and War of the roses also helped accelerate the death of our once noble game.

However, now we face the greatest plague of them all; it has begun, the end of gon. No longer can we refer to the 'gon duel server' as the authoritative test of single combat ability. No longer can we summon the ancient leader of our proud group, the glorious Gondor back to our lands. No longer will Laszlo's glorious red facial hair and bald head ever grace our world again. No longer can we retreat to our sanctum, that which remained free of the non-native playing menace. The chivalric and Napoleonic barbarians have deprived our lands of the civility it deserves.

Make no mistake, the lands of gamearena are not the true heir to the native throne, those false servers should only remind us true Australian Warbanders of the initial split.

Warband is dead, long live Warband.

TLDR: Warband was killed by evil gon fascist scum

While people may think this either good or bad, I got Baron Baanus to convert the current LCC_Native_Battle (which is always empty) to a duel server, hopefully staying that way for awhile. Doubt this will get yed back, because it's hosted in Sydney. Better than nothing, right?

TGD is very recently back up, though laggy. It will suffice for now.

Thanks for that yed, waiting for Bannerlords, Chivalry is a piece of crap in comparison to Warband, I hope that Bannerlords becomes popular and the best game of 2013.

Not to kill all the woe is warband calls, but GON admins seem to think the servers are fine (I whined at them in steam chat yesterday).

(And that they had players on them. I can't see the servers at all myself).

Unless they are confused?

beep said:
Not to kill all the woe is warband calls, but GON admins seem to think the servers are fine (I whined at them in steam chat yesterday).

(And that they had players on them. I can't see the servers at all myself).

Unless they are confused?

I think they are confused, none of the active gon admins even own warband.

They clearly used this to check:http://stats.games.on.net

However the problem with using this is that the duel server has been listed on this as having 5 people on random steppe for at least 5 days. The gon admins can not confirm accurately whether this status is accurate because none of them can actually check in game. This is compounded by the evidence that none of the people that you actually expect to be on the aforementioned server have been able to join the server for over a fortnight.

Clever. I'll push a bit harder tonight. It doesn't seem like they have intentionally taken the servers down, they might just need a reboot or some such.

Yed for Gon Warband Admin?

Edit: tomorrow --> tonight

ill be in for yed to be admin > (or BP) < , Sir_Laszlo can't (he's apparently too busy), ACC is a goner (warband legend he calls himself) I had a chat with this ****head a few days ago, Laszlo basically hasn't been on for over 2 weeks (busy), ACC is working on his house painting, decorating etc... i'll like a new admin for GoN, we need decent servers no one can deal with this GameArena ****, as yed stated:

No longer can we refer to the 'gon duel server' as the authoritative test of single combat ability.

even if we do get the GoN servers back up Sydney players will start having a sook about having 60 ping (i've had experience with these dickheads on GoN) and switch back to GameArena, play with 100 ping (like me) and i'm still topping scoreboards.

Braden, please.

Sydney people don't get 60 ping on GoN nor do they *****.
You rarely have 100 ping, it is usually 80 or so.
You rarely top scoreboards.
You will never be admin.
You adore ACC1 and aim to be him.

But yea, GoN_Duels please, +1 for yed as admin.

Back
Top Bottom