{} Australia & New Zealand Multiplayer Community Thread {}

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey, after last night's battle I just figured out a solution to teams playing for draws:

Round timer can be increased to 15 minutes.

Problem.
Solved.

Laszlo said:
Hey, after last night's battle I just figured out a solution to teams playing for draws:

Problem.
Solved.
Could be, or we could just end up standing behind trees and ruins for fifteen minutes instead of five.

Laszlo said:

Problem.
Solved.

You must be a genius.

Can admins slap players? like they used to do in CS? That would be effective for campers.

cheeky_demon said:
Could be, or we could just end up standing behind trees and ruins for fifteen minutes instead of five.

That would require a horrific and incredibly unlikely event where each side took turns at losing a single soldier each minute so that player numbers lowered equally and gradually to avoid MOTF without either side gaining the advantage.

It would also require both sides to essentially try to make the round last 15 minutes.

It just wouldn't happen!

Blabil said:
Direct said:
The other time was when the Knights of the South tried to break the deadlock by en mass cavalry charging Grey Defender infantry as we were in the open, half way across the field by river.
First time Ive seen the "lol lets go all cav" not only actually work but work twice in a row.

Yeah that worked against us when we were vaegir right at the end. As sarranids we had sbamboo spears and I'm pretty sure we lost like zero or one person. It was awesome fun tho, balling up like an echidna.

But seriously, I hate that camping ****.

ha t e

Full combat gold really does give the people with more kills a serious advantage. This is always the good players. Are ****tier players going to keep playing if they are always fighting some turd in full armor, thudding against him all the time? **** no. I wouldn't stand for that ****.

Increasing the time to 15 in a match would ultimately force combat, but battles will take twice as long considering clans aren't impetuous idiots and would probably camp for 10+ minutes anyway.

**** Khergits on random rotation, got them 9 random maps in a row a few nights ago, what ****, I'm sick of seeing them. And they only get voted out about half the time, the noobs press 2 to everything and I'm forced to watch Khergits vs. Rhodoks on an hourly basis! **** that...

Sundeki, Laszlo's point about the 15 minute timer is that if both teams camp, MOTF will come up as per normal.

If they're actually fighting though, the round can keep going rather than drawing all the time - and if one bloke on a horse decides to scarper to force a draw, MOTF will still have time to come up.

HTAPAWASO said:
Sundeki, Laszlo's point about the 15 minute timer is that if both teams camp, MOTF will come up as per normal.

If they're actually fighting though, the round can keep going rather than drawing all the time - and if one bloke on a horse decides to scarper to force a draw, MOTF will still have time to come up.

I guess, but someone has to die for MOTF to come up, at least it used to anyways. Dunno about that anymore, but if teams camp like pro's, it'll cause problems.

edit: Another simple solution is: Don't be fags and go for draws. I'm probably missing the point entirely, but I'm really tired. D:

Sundeki said:
someone has to die for MOTF to come up

It's the other way round. If noone dies for about a minute (or 40 seconds?) MOTF comes up. In a 10v10, 5 minute match you can easily camp, let someone get killed every minute, then run away to force a draw. Anyway I dont like the idea of 15 minute rounds. It would be mean waiting around most of the match.

Oh who else saw that 90 second duel between yedrellow and thorn last night? It was pretty epic..

Sundeki that certainly was the case, but it has obviously been changed since MOTF came up several times during the KoS v. TGD match the other day when there had been no casualties.

klumpy, if both teams are going to camp anyway then it wouldn't change the amount of time spent waiting, it would just stop so many rounds ending in a draw.
So if anything you'd expect it to reduce the time a battle takes.

klumpy said:
Sundeki said:
someone has to die for MOTF to come up

It's the other way round. If noone dies for about a minute (or 40 seconds?) MOTF comes up. In a 10v10, 5 minute match you can easily camp, let someone get killed every minute, then run away to force a draw. Anyway I dont like the idea of 15 minute rounds. It would be mean waiting around most of the match.

Oh who else saw that 90 second duel between yedrellow and thorn last night? It was pretty epic..

I know that there has to be stagnation before the flag pops up, to break stalemates, but last year sometime me and some KoS members tested under what conditions the flag comes up. Someone had to die in the round for it to pop up, if no-one died at some point, the timer counted to zero and teams drew. Might've changed in a patch since then, though. I don't know though, I haven't fought in a battle where no-one has died since then.

He tried to kick about 10 times haha

I didn't realise that motf wouldn't pop up if there were no casualties. That's wierd.

As for a real solution, it's a complicated thing. If flags popped earlier\faster you could abuse it by, for example, go all inf, hide until motf - then take and hold the flag with relative ease. But then if you make it pop up later\slower you have the camping problem which means gameplay is slow and boring.

You could make a deal before-hand that any drawn rounds would be counted as victories for the side with the most living players.

Or banish from your clans any player who goes for a draw.

Back
Top Bottom