At least this is not a Cyberbug 2076

Users who are viewing this thread

At least Bannerlord came out, unlike ELDENRING
OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL oh yeah! I totally forgot about that game.
I finished Skyrim %100 4-5 times and I can admit it's a very bad game lol.
Very bad? Man, if the game came out today then yeah, but Skyrim came out 11/11/11. I thought it was a pretty good title when it dropped 9 years ago and was made all the better by mods.

It's no Morrowind, but considering other games that came out in 2011...

what is "this attention to detail" bs lol, visually I can agree. Gameplay wise? Heck no. I should remind you that this game is literally not an RPG game, if you call Cyberpunk an RPG game just let's don't waste time arguing. Looting & Skill buying doesn't make the game an RPG, that's just gaming journalist & corporate bs.

It's not an RPG at all. During development they went from "open-world RPG" to "an open-world action adventure story" ... It literally says the latter on the back of the box.

Skill progression and a crafting system does not make a game an RPG.

Very bad? Man, if the game came out today then yeah, but Skyrim came out 11/11/11. I thought it was a pretty good title when it dropped 9 years ago and was made all the better by mods.

the day it came out, yes it was a decent game. But people act like the game is still good, no it isn't. It's really outdated if you don't play it with mods... good luck. Animations, plot, quests combat dialogues exploration everything about Skyrim is outdated af and playing it without mods is just torture.

AGAIN, I PLAYED SKYRIM %100 4-5 TIMES AND I PLAYED 2 OF THEM WITHOUT MODS. IT'S A FUN BUT VERY BAD GAME. The "Skyrim is a really bad game that uses addiction really good" saying is soo true. I want to kill myself when playing it without mods but I just can't stop playing.
It's not an RPG at all. During development they went from "open-world RPG" to "an open-world action adventure story" ... It literally says the latter on the back of the box.

Skill progression and a crafting system does not make a game an RPG.
well people still say it's an RPG because they marketed it as an RPG for very long.

1454125096518559.jpg

we got bannerlord for 40$ while cyberpunk costs 60$.
i see a big difference in price.

Do you think they're going to raise the price for bannerlord to $60 when they "release" it? pretty much everyone has bought it already.

early access means that the product isn't finished. work in progress. bugs and bad performance are to be expected.
full release mustn't be buggy with bad performance.

Nobody, not even the developers, has a clear idea of what "finished" means. Pretty much every game ever released has been missing things that the developers wanted to add but couldn't due to time constraints. Where do you draw the line? Is Warband a "finished" game despite it having dozens of unfinished and bugged mechanics? When will Bannerlord be finished?

You said it yourself, "Early Access" is used to manage expectations. I can guarantee you that if the developers had said "this is the final release" while patching the game the exact same amount as they are now, people would be furious, despite nothing actually being different.

Skip to 9:46 to hear it in video format:

The reason I dislike this is because more and more games now are being released under the EA label, but it ends up hurting them in the long run because people leave the game and play other stuff, never to return. When a game is first sold, that is the release. There will never be higher player counts or media attention than after the initial sales. Some rare exceptions exist where previously obscure games get a lot of youtuber attention, but that happens like once a year and rely on it isn't a good business strategy.

we got bannerlord for 40$ while cyberpunk costs 60$.
i see a big difference in price.
I would just like to point out that Cyberpunk preorder cost me $50. Bannerlord retails for $50. I did pay $40 for Bannerlord because of the EA sale when it launched, but still... for many the two games could have an equal cost.

And I main specced archer characters for roughly 6 full months before ONE SINGLE bow perk was implemented... that meant manually editing xml files after each update just so I can use longbows on mounts.

That's what makes nitpicking Cyberpunk's imperfections so ridiculous to me here....

Right, the wheels on the cars might not spin as nicely as GTA V's wheels, considering GTA is literally about Grand Theft Auto so the focus is on cars. It's like saying "Mario doesn't have quality swords, so Zelda is obviously better." What a shortsighted way of seeing things...

Where do you draw the line?
i personally draw it at performance+bugs. most devs won't implement new features after full release. while they will in EA.

s Warband a "finished" game despite it having dozens of unfinished and bugged mechanics?
i personally recall the feast never being magnificent. i discovered it after hundreds of hours. i can't recall other ones.
can you link me the dozens of bugged and unfinished mechanics?

I can guarantee you that if the developers had said "this is the final release" while patching the game the exact same amount as they are now, people would be furious, despite nothing actually being different.
we were shown much more stuff in the blogs and their appearances in gamescoms over the years. of course we're going to get mad if we don't get them. just like people are now mad at cyberpunk devs.

The reason I dislike this is because more and more games now are being released under the EA label, but it ends up hurting them in the long run because people leave the game and play other stuff, never to return.
i've never followed an early access game so idk.

When a game is first sold, that is the release
gaming sites don't review early access games. i assume that most people get their info from them so the reviews at the release should boost sales in theory.

There will never be higher player counts or media attention than after the initial sales.
why would you care about that stuff? we just want to play a good game.
idk if it's true or everyone want to think their thing is special but many reviews for warband states that this isn't a game for everyone. so the people that played warband and liked it would've bought bannerlord at EA release. because the game will never have mass appeal. some people will discover it and trickle buy it over the years and that's it.
when they patch it and make it real good it'll be much better for those who buy it later but we bought it now because we have nothing else to play and we got with a discount.
i'm rambling and i forgot what point i wanted to make. sorry.

i personally recall the feast never being magnificent. i discovered it after hundreds of hours. i can't recall other ones.
can you link me the dozens of bugged and unfinished mechanics?

Unfinished:
- Custom banners
- Object physics
- Sea travel
- Different dialogue
- Crouching
- Half a dozen quests which seem a lot more interesting than anything currently in the game
- Deserters and bandits were supposed to be proper factions
- Dark Knight invasion (glad this was never finished to be fair)
- Mines you could send prisoners to
- Different formations
- Farming mechanics

Bugged:
- Battlefield morale (actually causes the majority of stuttering despite not working)
- Campaign AI
- Starving out garrisons
- A lot of the dialogue
- AI navigation
- Weddings

This is just off the top of my head, if I combed the 100,000 lines of code again I could find way more.

There will never be higher player counts or media attention than after the initial sales.
why would you care about that stuff?

Because developers are massive copycats, and if early access means early money then it'll become the industry standard even if it ruins a lot of games by accumulating a massive audience before the game is ready. Like right now Taleworlds has almost all the money it will ever get from Bannerlord, meanwhile all we have is a mediocre game with no guarantee that it'll get good.

i've never followed an early access game so idk.

maxresdefault.jpg

THEN WHY ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT WHAT EARLY ACCESS IS AND ISN'T??? BLOODY HELL MATE YOU GOT MY FOOKIN HEAD SPINNIN

meanwhile all we have is a mediocre game with no guarantee that it'll get good
but taleworlds have good track record with early access so why would they abandon the game?

and if early access means early money then it'll become the industry standard even if it ruins a lot of games by accumulating a massive audience before the
so you're looking at the big picture and not just bannerlord. i've never thought about it because there haven't been a worthy game since forever
THEN WHY ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT WHAT EARLY ACCESS IS AND ISN'T??? BLOODY HELL MATE YOU GOT MY FOOKIN HEAD SPINNIN
because i've read some of the early access page on steam :fruity:

Unfinished:
- Custom banners
- Object physics
- Sea travel
- Different dialogue
- Crouching
- Half a dozen quests which seem a lot more interesting than anything currently in the game
- Deserters and bandits were supposed to be proper factions
- Dark Knight invasion (glad this was never finished to be fair)
- Mines you could send prisoners to
- Different formations
- Farming mechanics

Bugged:
- Battlefield morale (actually causes the majority of stuttering despite not working)
- Campaign AI
- Starving out garrisons
- A lot of the dialogue
- AI navigation
- Weddings

This is just off the top of my head, if I combed the 100,000 lines of code again I could find way more.
please tell me more. is there a thread about those things?
i've never noticed bugging in the dialogue or remember a party getting stuck on the map.
the wedding bug is being headless when marrying in firsy person?

i've never noticed bugging in the dialogue or remember a party getting stuck on the map.
Lucky you. There were thousands of threads about being stuck in a dialogue and also parties stuck at the edge of the map, not being able to move anywhere neither you could reach them.

Back
Top Bottom