SP Native Assassin Mod 0.15 - DEAD

Users who are viewing this thread

sheek

Knight at Arms
Old Guard
This mod is dead for the time being. Don't ask about updates.

---

OK I was going to delay announcing this until I had a more advanced version compatible with .731 but the module system changes have put me off.

The idea of this mod is to introduce more RPG elements into M&B. The basic idea is that you play a thief character who bribes guards, assassinates merchants, infiltrates castles, steal items etc. You have a new class called Rogues, a new faction located in Zendar who give you missions to complete. There are four new 'skills' which are used to complete your quests.

So far I've only made one mission, the first quest which is to assassinate a merchant who has been giving information to the police. You have 40 seconds to kill him before the guards arrive and after twenty seconds there is a risk that you'll be caught even if you kill him. If you're jailed you'll be beaten (lose 1 strength) and let out five days later.

New link for v 0.711.

Mission 1

Kill a traitorous Merchant before his Bodyguards arrive. You have 15 seconds before the alarm goes off then another 25 seconds before the City Police break down the door.

Try the mod and if you think it's an interesting idea let me know, I'll send you the source files and we can work out what the plan is. I think the best would be that each modder works on different missions which we can add together easily.

If somebody knows how to and wants to convert the existing files to .731 that would be great!

Mission 2

Sneak up onto Wercheg City Walls and assassinate the Count while he's inspecting the troops. You have eight seconds to kill him before reinforcements start arriving. Unless you're a superhuman you won't win when the guards arrive... I don't think it's possible.

Note: You must have power draw 3 to do this mission - you have to use a Longbow.

Team so far

sheek
Simsam?

OK try this:

http://rapidshare.de/files/13734426/Assassin_v_011.rar.html

I fixed the problem. There is no quest to speak of but it's really fun and you can assassinate as many times as you want.

The .731 version should be ready in another hour.

wow that's very interesting mate!
id like to participate, but i havent looked so much into the mission system. If you can put me on the trails id be glad to make some missions.

Looked all over Zendar, where is the guy you get the mission from?

If you haven't placed him yet or something, a good idea might be the tunnel thing behind the slave trader :smile: Looks kind of like a seedy place.

Gerec said:
Looked all over Zendar, where is the guy you get the mission from?

If you haven't placed him yet or something, a good idea might be the tunnel thing behind the slave trader :smile: Looks kind of like a seedy place.

He's in Zendar Tavern. Check out the back behind the Tavern Keeper.

New mission added:

http://rapidshare.de/files/13739239/Assassin_v_012.rar.html

Gerec said:
K gonna load up the new mission and check it out :smile: Will let you know how it goes in a little bit. I <3 throwing daggers.

Give me ideas of new missions if you can think of some.

I realised Mission 2 is TOO HARD! :shock:

I'll adjust the time before reinforcements arrive. New patch in 1 minute.

Mission 2 Fix

http://rapidshare.de/files/13740027/Assassin_v_013.rar.html

You have 12 seconds to kill the Count.

Good: the mission is cool, even if the guards/mission success and failure seem to come at random.

Not so good: The randomness of the guards, alarm and sometimes outright failing of the mission for no reason. I also can't seem to get the 2nd mission to work (am I missing something again, like how I couldn't find him earlier?), after finishing the first (using assassin_v_013) he simply offers me the same mission, in the same manner. No congradulations or thank yous or anything, which would be nice. Instead, he acts like he's never met you before :p

Also, if you take the mission and then speak to him again before finishing it, there's no way to exit the conversation.

But has a lot of potential.

[edit] also, it would be very nice if, for the purpose of adding this to other mods (like how arena expansion is used often), the targets aren't key figures that are needed by the game/the mods, such as the counts? Seems that whenever I go to the count's place in Rivacheg now, it's that guy instead of the count. Would be cool if you could move it to somewhere else. And, behind the bar is kind of cool but it looks weird having to hop over the counter to do so. Just a thought, it's not really a problem. I think it'd be better behind the slave trader guy though :wink: But your choice.

M&B Fan said:
sheek said:
Mission 2 Fix

http://rapidshare.de/files/13740027/Assassin_v_013.rar.html

You have 12 seconds to kill the Count.

the game is now compatable with 731?

Not yet. I'm going to concentrate on that now.

New version, walls added to prevent footmen getting so close you can't shoot them. Will be fixed in .731 with the invisible walls.

http://rapidshare.de/files/13741372/Assassin_v_014.rar.html

Gerec said:
Good: the mission is cool, even if the guards/mission success and failure seem to come at random.

Not so good: The randomness of the guards, alarm and sometimes outright failing of the mission for no reason. I also can't seem to get the 2nd mission to work (am I missing something again, like how I couldn't find him earlier?), after finishing the first (using assassin_v_013) he simply offers me the same mission, in the same manner. No congradulations or thank yous or anything, which would be nice. Instead, he acts like he's never met you before :p

Hmm. I'll check that out.

Also I haven't made the third mission yet so you won't get anything after completing number 2.

You can keep doing the first and second as much as you like while waiting but you won't get any more XP.

Also, if you take the mission and then speak to him again before finishing it, there's no way to exit the conversation.

That's odd. It shouldn't happen.

But has a lot of potential.

[edit] also, it would be very nice if, for the purpose of adding this to other mods (like how arena expansion is used often), the targets aren't key figures that are needed by the game/the mods, such as the counts? Seems that whenever I go to the count's place in Rivacheg now, it's that guy instead of the count. Would be cool if you could move it to somewhere else.

I don't use a real count, just the ordinary nobleman who you get in some of the vanilla mission. It doesn't have any affect on the game.

First, I think if you focus solely around assassination, all the missions are going to be rather generic. You might want to focus more around becoming a well rounded brigand. Mission examples:

1.) A Swadian noble has requested that you stop a Vaegir caravan transporting precious jewels. Bring back atleast six of the jewels and take atleast seven prisoners.

2.) You overheard a man in a tavern mention that the local merchant is overdue for a shipment. Travel north and intercept the caravan.

3.) Infiltrate Tulga and assassinate the gate guards, creating a doorway for an invasion.

Really nice, I was thinking of adding such assasin options myself. You should make it a 'freeware'mod, just like arena expansion :razz:

Back
Top Bottom