Arrows and projectiles bug

Users who are viewing this thread

sezter11

Recruit
when I play single player arrows are magically blocked I mean I'll shoot an arrow or a bolt throwing knife any thing that flys throw the air and its going right for the guys head and suddenly it hits the guys shield  not the top where it would seem my projectile was just a tad off target but dead center so I aim at his feet this time I mean its not a tower shield I should be able to hit the legs I shoot at his ankle and the arrow is blocked and is also in the center of the opponents shield, then there is my favorite of all these blocks when the guy is holding the shield at his side not even blocking and somehow the arrow hits the center of shield  and if not the center the on the edges around the shield

Bring the shield back to how they used to be in the original where u can miss a targeted by a centimeter and in order to block you had to have ur shield up and it only covered what it covered cause the "magic auto block" is killing archery for me

sezter11 said:
when I play single player arrows are magically blocked I mean I'll shoot an arrow or a bolt throwing knife any thing that flys throw the air and its going right for the guys head and suddenly it hits the guys shield  not the top where it would seem my projectile was just a tad off target but dead center so I aim at his feet this time I mean its not a tower shield I should be able to hit the legs I shoot at his ankle and the arrow is blocked and is also in the center of the opponents shield, then there is my favorite of all these blocks when the guy is holding the shield at his side not even blocking and somehow the arrow hits the center of shield  and if not the center the on the edges around the shield

Bring the shield back to how they used to be in the original where u can miss a targeted by a centimeter and in order to block you had to have ur shield up and it only covered what it covered cause the "magic auto block" is killing archery for me

Shield did that in original also, but shield reconfiguration made some of the higher skill and kite, heater and round shield much harder to hit with arrow while shield raise, but should still be able to hit those that use cavalry, wooden and Nordic shield without too much trouble.

It still there for the AI to compensate that they cannot direct shield position correctly has opposed to player and since of shield reconfiguration it now has a greater effect on some of the unit.

That's something I've noticed, that while I'm on horseback and a guy on foot or horse is coming up behind me, if I shoot as he pulling back to strike with his weapon, I often to hit his shield, even though his head/body is fully exposed because the shield is held back as he's preparing to strike.

Then, when he brings his shield back up, I can see that my arrow, or many arrows, are sticking almost straight up from the top of his shield. I never noticed this as a problem in M&B before, as it is very pronounced and strange and keeps catching me off guard.

it wasn't like this before I understand its there to improve ai but you can't skim and arrow over  the top or at an ai's feet anymore even if his back it turned the arrow is some how blocked.  if you haven't seen this issue in full effect find a town tournament with projectiles and shields your in for a treat  :lol:

ive also experienced this and its very annoying, but i good thing is that you do it too. Also something arrows hit the person if your like 5 feet in front on them. and surprisingly shooting someone in the back still works even if they have a shield.

Yeah, i know this bug.

Shot ---------> and he not have block shield but ... block. Its see what he make strong hit and block... in 0.01 second. Admin, You want some video?

And other bug is no headshots... in M&B its work 'OK'. But in Warband ... head "hitbox" isnt on head. So, hard to shot in head when enemy throw oraz make strong hit... :/

Yeah, if someone could make a video, or tell me how to do it, that would be cool, because what looks like an obvious hit isn't, and the arrows seem to magically go from flying straight to their face to sticking out of the top of the shield at their side. I'm assuming some of you are talking about arrow blocks when the shield isn't even up in blocking position, because that's what I'm talking about.

Back
Top Bottom