Army size

Users who are viewing this thread

sidhos

Banned
I'm not very far into the game, but please tell me there is a way to increase my max army size, other than just charisma and leadership.  Seriously, getting jammed by armies of 200+ in the 2nd month and only having a max army size of 43, is insane. 

Any chance to increase amount of roaming bandit groups and decrease rate that Custow creates patrols?  Before one month is up, Custow is running around with 10+ patrols, killing everything and gobbling up villages.  Other than bandits, fighting everyone else has obscene consequences, and there just aren't any bandit groups to fight.  Raiding the few bandit towns is only productive once a month, so need some roaming parties out there.

Renown I heard increases troop count, but not by much.

Try editing the text files.  I have to find the tutorial to change that stuff. 

So far, in my fourth month and only receiving +3 from renown.  There aren't enough battles that reward renown.

I'm thinking that I'm going to have to upset another faction(other than the bandits), to get enough battles to create income and renown.

Seeing as how I'm new and probably am missing a few things, I'm open to suggestions on which faction is best to get negative with (other than bandits).

If you want a faction to attack, start hunting down the mercenary parties roaming the map.

When your settlement reaches military level 2, i.e. a Castle, you can appoint one of your companions to be your steward at your town, then you can hire patrols for 1000g each, and the amount of patrols you can hire is based on your leadership.  You then can get your patrols to aid you in battles, increasing the number of troops on your side significantly.

When your settlement reaches the top stage of development, i.e. a Castle Town, you become King/Queen and can make your companions into lords and ladies with their own parties and patrols, and you can get them to follow you, giving you huge armies to wage war with.

So if you want bigger armies, you should focus on getting your town to grow, with a focus on military first.

The FAQ has additional information.

Back
Top Bottom