SP - World Map Armies Tracked on Campaign Map

Users who are viewing this thread

Deek44

Recruit
I've seen comments on other threads about "stealth armies" and I have to agree that this doesn't make sense. I can see how individual parties can slip around the campaign map unnoticed until passing near a town or castle but assembled armies should be tracked and visible (similar to how fellow clan parties currently are). 800-1200 soldiers marching around the countryside isn't going to go unnoticed and the kingdom would surely have intel on where the large troop movements are. It is rather strange for two kingdoms to be facing off with both of their assembled armies marching around ignorant of each other until one siege's the other's town/castle. In addition, maybe we should look at prioritizing the opponent's army over a town/castle? Isn't this how it would have worked historically unless they knew they could take a target before the army arrived?

In warband you would get reports about the size of enemy parties spotted near your kingdoms fiefs (not the actual numbers, "small bands", "significant groups" etc).
It would also make sense if your own spotting range varied depending on the size of whatever you're spotting, an army of 1000 troops should be visible further off than a group of 20. Not sure this would have much effect on gameplay though.

and the kingdom would surely have intel on where the large troop movements are.

Even if they are in their own solid hartland, where your faction has no presence?

I agree othervice. enemy armies spotted from lords or fiefs of you facction should be visible on the map but lack detailed info!

It would also make sense if your own spotting range varied depending on the size of whatever you're spotting, an army of 1000 troops should be visible further off than a group of 20. Not sure this would have much effect on gameplay though.

Hmm.. It would. If you know where the enemy armies are, it would considerably help you to plan your moves depending of your intentions :smile:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom