SP - General Arena Overhaul

Users who are viewing this thread

The current system for Arenas is very simple nothing has changed since Warband.

My suggestion is to make it a Championship type of thing, where the PC can start out from the easiest arenas (think of it as Leagues in Football (or soccer for the Americans)) and work your way up to the Champions League for Arena Combats, where renowned fighters and teams battle each other.

This would of course require the AI to be smarter in melee hand to hand combat. But there could be special characters (not randomly generated randoms, or nobles who only last because of high armor) that are arena legends. Different teams competing for the championship from different factions, or unaffiliated teams. This would make simply watching tournaments fun, and the PC could make money by betting on a team, watching their favorite fighter, or team duke it out with the infamous team from far away lands.

The PC could be enslaved and force into gladiatoral battles where they are forced to fight for their life (death means death), and maybe emerge a champion, join another gladiator team and win glory amongst the gladiator leagues etc. The PC could gather their own team and start from the bottom leagues and fight in the highest leagues for Arena battles.

Arena battles could include battle simulations (like they did in Rome) where differently armored battle units duke it out. Maybe your PC is a simple soldier, following orders of a Maximus type of character. So many possibilities basically.

I have been told to do so by the Subforum Moderator, and I was going to do it, but then they said they decided not to merge, and to let it stay this way. So that is what is up.

Back
Top Bottom