Are you kidding me?

Users who are viewing this thread

kalarhan said:
if anyone would care for a tweak, just check my snippet. You can edit the script and take that option out of the picture with a little change there  :razz:

check operations: party_add_members, party_remove_members

script: npc_decision_checklist_party_ai

equation: p1= prosperity * 8 + 100

2107 2 1224979098644774958 8 2105 2 1224979098644774958 100 2157 2 1224979098644774941

test if less than 25:
    25 < (garrison_troops - p1)
Kalarhan, is there a similar tweak opportunity for Reforged Edition? (Didn't get a match on the number string behind the spoiler tag.)

wilsonst said:
kalarhan said:
wilsonst said:
kalarhan said:
kraggrim said:
So just to confirm, this equation works out the maximum amount it can have before the marshall will take troops? So just make that 100 into something bigger?

should be, I didnt test ingame cause I never got this event on my saves.

I may test it later when doing other stuff (put a debug message there and create a huge garrison at one of my towns using savegame editor...). But if you want to try it, go ahead hehe

Keep in mind that this script does 2 things: steal troops if too many OR decreases relations with your marshal. You can break that game balance feature.
I would simple remove the [party_add_members, party_remove_members] operations that actualy do the transfer FROM you TO the marshal. Make it remove 0 and give 0 troops instead of 1  :razz:

I can't find any reference to party_add_members, party_remove_members. I did find the code that checks though

those are called operations. They are system calls you can make to the game engine, and it is how we write the game code.
Look for the numeric representation:

party_add_members                    = 1610  # (party_add_members, <party_id>, <troop_id>, <number>),
                                              # Returns total number of added troops in reg0.
party_remove_members                  = 1615  # (party_remove_members, <party_id>, <troop_id>, <number>),
                                              # Removes specified number of troops from a party. Stores number of actually removed troops in reg0.

1615 3 1224979098644774944 1224979098644774964 1 1610 3 1224979098644774913 1224979098644774964 1 3 0

change the two instances of 1 to 0 ?

Wilsonst, is there a similar tweak opportunity for Reforged Edition? (Didn't get a match on the number string.)

reiksmarshal said:
PLEASE DISABLE THE STUPID ******** MARTIAL FEATURE PLEASE!

This is such a bull**** feature that completely ruins this game, the Ai can have garrisons with 600+ and if my garrison gets over 200 the martial swings by and takes all my elites. I seriously just lost over 100 days worth of troop upgrades that I spent thousands of gold on, this feature disgust me GOD I'm so ******** pissed I doubt I will ever play this DLC again.

Success in the business of making video games, is all about giving players a gaming experience that makes them come back for more again and again. Warband's greatness lies in that it is built in such a way that it allows for players to make their own adjustments to better meet their preferences and for external developers to create entirely new game experiences like Prophesy of Pendor. TaleWorlds should build on that success formula, letting players make their own choices rather than enforcing limitations.

I can understand limitations caused by technical or resource issues. What I can not understand is limitations that decreases gaming experience and does not take a lot of resources to avoid.

Myself, I hate the enforced garrison limit. If however, a garrison limit is actually desired by many players, or necessary for some reason I'm not aware of, why not have a slider rather than a fixed formula so that the player can decide the level of the limit. For example change "Garrison - (prosperity * 8 + 100) > 25" to "Garrison - (prosperity * X + 100) > 25" where X is given by the slider's value. That way both those who want the limit and those who don't, can be satisfied.

tomoscar said:
Myself, I hate the enforced garrison limit. If however, a garrison limit is actually desired by many players, or necessary for some reason I'm not aware of, why not have a slider rather than a fixed formula so ...

1) Tomoscar by the forum rules you can't post multiple times in a row. Instead use the edit button, quotes, spoiler tags and organize your thoughts on a post, OK? That is a rule for TW entire forum.

All of this was discussed when the game was on beta for reforged, you just need to remember you are ... 6-8 months late to the party =). It is like asking why Fifa 2000 goalkeeper can't kick the ball properly (you would be 15 years too late). At this point the game is in bug fixing mode, not feature development.

The equation is very clear and its meant to prevent super garrisons. The idea is that you need to feed those soldiers, and as you only pay 1/4 wages there got be a hard limit somewhere. Notice the IA is under the same limit, a poor city/castle from the IA will lose soldiers every week, which means you can weaken them by destroying villages, traders and villagers.

p1 = prosperity * 8 + 100
25 < garrison - p1

Did you check the results for that? At prosperity 0 your town is dead, there is no civilians inside, no traders, noone to bake bread, to work the inn, etc. Prosperity is roughly the population of a town (and its wealth).

That also means there is a consequence if you devastate a town you wish to conquer and garrison. You get more loot, but it becomes very poor and hard to defend. Its up to you.

And there is a soft cap to protect poor towns, the combined value must be higher than 275 (IIRC), so you won't lose troops even if the town is dead.

Prosperitylimit
0should be 125, but it is 275

If you want 900 people on your garrison: make sure your town is rich, defend it, and raise its prosperity.

And you can always use quarter to store more troops, just remember it is not cheap.

Kalarhan, is there a similar tweak opportunity for Reforged Edition? (Didn't get a match on the number string behind the spoiler tag.)
Yes, just read my post again, ignore the big sequence of numbers (they change in each version) and look for that operation. That is how tweaks work.

reiksmarshal said:
the Ai can have garrisons with 600+ and if my garrison gets over 200 the martial swings by and takes all my elites

incorrect, see above.

kalarhan said:
tomoscar said:
Myself, I hate the enforced garrison limit. If however, a garrison limit is actually desired by many players, or necessary for some reason I'm not aware of, why not have a slider rather than a fixed formula so ...

1) Tomoscar by the forum rules you can't post multiple times in a row. Instead use the edit button, quotes, spoiler tags and organize your thoughts on a post, OK? That is a rule for TW entire forum.

All of this was discussed when the game was on beta for reforged, you just need to remember you are ... 6-8 months late to the party =). It is like asking why Fifa 2000 goalkeeper can't kick the ball properly (you would be 15 years too late). At this point the game is in bug fixing mode, not feature development.

The equation is very clear and its meant to prevent super garrisons. The idea is that you need to feed those soldiers, and as you only pay 1/4 wages there got be a hard limit somewhere. Notice the IA is under the same limit, a poor city/castle from the IA will lose soldiers every week, which means you can weaken them by destroying villages, traders and villagers.

p1 = prosperity * 8 + 100
25 < garrison - p1

Did you check the results for that? At prosperity 0 your town is dead, there is no civilians inside, no traders, noone to bake bread, to work the inn, etc. Prosperity is roughly the population of a town (and its wealth).

That also means there is a consequence if you devastate a town you wish to conquer and garrison. You get more loot, but it becomes very poor and hard to defend. Its up to you.

And there is a soft cap to protect poor towns, the combined value must be higher than 275 (IIRC), so you won't lose troops even if the town is dead.

Prosperitylimit
0should be 125, but it is 275

If you want 900 people on your garrison: make sure your town is rich, defend it, and raise its prosperity.

And you can always use quarter to store more troops, just remember it is not cheap.

Yes, just read my post again, ignore the big sequence of numbers (they change in each version) and look for that operation. That is how tweaks work.

reiksmarshal said:
the Ai can have garrisons with 600+ and if my garrison gets over 200 the martial swings by and takes all my elites

incorrect, see above.
Firstly, thanks for a quick answer. Secondly, sorry for splitting the post in two. Won't happen again.
As for the number string (tweaking):
1. Is what I should look for in scripts.txt?
2. Any tips on what I should look for?
3. Where do I find the value for a town's prosperity? I haven't seen any value or text on this when visiting the town or speaking with the Mayor.

tomoscar said:
As for the number string (tweaking):
1. Is what I should look for in scripts.txt?
2. Any tips on what I should look for?
3. Where do I find the value for a town's prosperity? (I only see poor, average, rich, etc., and not the exact value.)

I have a detailed post on the tweaks thread somewhere that explains how it works (how to figure out what those numbers mean), in case you want to go deeper.

Its simple, find the script, search for the operation (2107), replace those marked numbers with whatever you want, save, launch game.

Code:
(2107 2 122497[0-9]{13} 8 2105 2 122497[0-9]{13} 100 2111 2 122497[0-9]{13} 250 )
^ notepad++ regex search (that way it works in different game versions

kalarhan said:
Code:
(2107 2 122497[0-9]{13} 8 2105 2 122497[0-9]{13} 100 2111 2 122497[0-9]{13} 250 )
^ notepad++ regex search (that way it works in different game versions
Thanks, found it. Will the tweak only work with a new game, or will it also work with a saved game?
Still wonder where I can get info on a town's prosperity. For a town I just got, the only info I can find is "seems unremarkable". What value for prosperity does that translate into?

kalarhan said:
tomoscar said:
What value for prosperity does that translate into?

check Q&A thread (search function), should be there somewhere, if you can't find then you can create a new post/question

Cheers
Found it. In case anybody else been looking for this, here it is: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,330744.msg7814887.html#msg7814887

Back
Top Bottom