Are there any Mods with Dual-Wielding? [Question]

Users who are viewing this thread

Conners

Sergeant at Arms
Someone said they might've seen a mod with dual-wielding, and I was semi-asked to look about and see what I could find. I tried the search option, but didn't have much in results, thus why I'm posting this.

Do any of you know of a mod that incorporates some form of dual-wielding?

It doesn't really matter what system they use for it, or if it's the same as single weapons only different models and animations.

Thanks to whoever can help me with this!

There is not an easy way to do dual-wielding where you could actually attack with the left hand.  It might by possible but that would probably require some creative scripting and modifying the block animations, etc.  However, there are several mods that have a 'blocking' sword or other weapon in the left hand.  Look at my signature below, you can hold two lightsabers, but the one of the left is just used to block laser bolts.  :wink:

Conners said:
Someone said they might've seen a mod with dual-wielding, and I was semi-asked to look about and see what I could find. I tried the search option, but didn't have much in results, thus why I'm posting this.

Do any of you know of a mod that incorporates some form of dual-wielding?

It doesn't really matter what system they use for it, or if it's the same as single weapons only different models and animations.

Thanks to whoever can help me with this!
Sigh. You've already made two topics on this. Guess I'll answer this one too.

The mod you heard of is a hoax by a guy trying to scam people into giving him their CD-keys. It was long, long ago, but one of the most memorable parts of this forum's history.

@HokieBT: Thanks Hokie :grin:. Hmmm.... I guess there are no mods that did a two-weapons animation (when in actual fact that attack would be the same as a single sword)?

@CrazyEyes: Actually, I posted in the Dual-Wielding thread in Suggestions, then made a new thread here. I didn't make two threads.
That hoax might be what the guy was talking about, but I don't guess so.

HokieBT said:
There is not an easy way to do dual-wielding where you could actually attack with the left hand.  It might by possible but that would probably require some creative scripting and modifying the block animations, etc.   However, there are several mods that have a 'blocking' sword or other weapon in the left hand.  Look at my signature below, you can hold two lightsabers, but the one of the left is just used to block laser bolts.  :wink:

Death and Disease provides blocking swords too: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,42657.0.html

(shameless plug)

vadermath said:
I haven't played Death and Disease, but HokieBT's Star Wars mod implements dual wielding pretty good, even if it is only for blocking.

I added blocking weapons in the run up to the beta release (in a last minute packing of bonus gear), so there are issues such as arrows sticking to them etc...

But if you wanna run around with a sack on your head wielding knifes and screaming... they're there.

Well certain games (such as peloponisian war) provide shield bashing, so my line of thinking is if you can shield bash with a shield then you could probably do the whole use, a sword as a shield thing and incorporate shield bashing and it would be like duel wielding in a way. Honestly you should try to learn python and see if you can make it for your friend for a Holiday present lol.  :mrgreen:

screw shields! I get my way through fights wit a 1h sword and my strong packing legs! Kick the hell out of monsters as I dodge and weave through the front lines slicing and slashing the heads of my enemies as I implement amazing martial arts with my Sword! (No Chinese Crap, I'm talking straight up European fencing)

Back
Top Bottom