Are players going to return to multiplayer at launch??

Users who are viewing this thread

cuthbert5

Recruit
I can't find a game in multiplayer, one day out from release. Are people still unable to play multiplayer, after the bad patches a few months ago? I thought this would be fixed by now. Are players going to log on and be able to play multiplayer on release??

So there are people playing? I'm trying to play Captain. What's CRPG

Is it just Matchmaking that's broken, can I use the server browser

When Full Invasion releases... there's no need for anything else to be said. But i guess it's going to take another two years for it to be in its glory.

My group and I will not be returning to play an official server while the loadout system stays as it currently is (which is more than likely). We've found little joy in the restrictions the bannerlord system put in place of choosing the equipment you like. I can understand why they did this (we players are all very bad at thinking and cannot be trusted to buy gear like we did in 2010) but I'd still rather see 2 separate gamemodes for the new style and the old style. I'll preemptively say that that won't happen cus it will split the dying base further.

Short of a complete overhaul of that system, we will potentially return to a custom server that does have the original loadout mechanics or an invasion gamemode. But like many others who have already given up on the game, they probably have one more redownload before they never even consider the game playable again. If that is a painless experience for them then they could give the game another chance but in the game's current state I wouldn't let them return to either MP or SP, and that's not even on the basis of anything other than bugs and crashes.

(P.S. Banners for MP & full banner creator for SP please (Thanks TW 💯))

there is an increase in the number of players in multiplayer but this will be ephemeral (at least for the official servers)
the official siege, deathmatch, skirmish servers become boring after 2 hours of play with their restrictions in terms of equipment customization the fact that they are still poorly optimized even if the game is already out
and even if you play with friends you end up bored because you will have the impression of having no interaction with your partners

only mods and influencer events will save the multiplayer

I really doubt it's going to make a comeback.
The only way in my mind would be a major multiplayer update now that the release has been wasted. Fix the crashing and bugs. Rework the maps to make logical sense along with releasing new ones. Expand the customization options. A lot of work needs to go into balancing and redesigning the classes if they're truly committed to the class system. Maybe add the minor factions into Multiplayer in some way? Make the team colors more distinct (replace brown Mustard Empire with Crimson, Aserai vs Aserai is awful). Redesign existing modes where needed (Siege could maybe do with a deeper look?). Probably a whole ton of other things not off the top of my head. And all of it needs to be drawn from sifting community suggestions, seeing as the people actually playing the game know it better than anyone else.

None of that will happen but a man can dream, no?

Back
Top Bottom