"Arcus" (greek:. βιός) and other ranged weapons

Users who are viewing this thread

I think many greeks used the "Arcus" (greek:. βιός). It is a special kind of bow.
"In unstressed state, it was about 1 meter long and had the shape of a crescent. To tension turned to him in the other direction, making it the form of a 3 was received and ready for use." (Google translation)

Will there be something like that? Maybe just by giving an native-bow another name (and texture)...

Will there be slings?

Will there be something like a Polybolos?

Do you have any references for that? Regarding the sling, yes I can make an animation for it, I'll probably do that sometime.

Lynores said:
Do you have any references for that? Regarding the sling, yes I can make an animation for it, I'll probably do that sometime.
I do concern about sling as well
historical they quite a troublesome weapon
They did cause a lot of damage to Roman's army when Iberian use them to attack
Just the stone for throwing in game too suck compare to what document written about sling :neutral:

Lynores said:
Do you have any references for that?

I think you mean the bow...

"Τῷ οὖν τόξῳ ὄνομα βίος, ἔργον δὲ θάνατος." Heraklit

English: "The bow is called life, but its work is death."

bogen_15.jpg

bogen_16.jpg

bogen_17.jpg

mittela2.jpg

image.php

more:
image.php

image.php

There are more things I could say about the bow. But not in english.

Found a book that stated both Sparta nor Athens did not use Slingers,
however other states like Arcarnania used them because it was cheap and affordable.

Here is the think for the book. At this moment I do not have time to read it all,
but it provides great information about the Peloponnesian  War
http://books.google.com/books?id=9_W0DWkx2aEC&pg=PA54&lpg=PA54&dq=peloponnesian+war+slingers&source=bl&ots=wrZ3hbvrl_&sig=P15BjlXvFqpYCBG3rZUMZpUnkxs&hl=en&ei=v7v3TK7DEcOclgeu_9yqAg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CBgQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=peloponnesian%20war%20slingers&f=false

Back
Top Bottom