Archeymod (open source) *WIP* v0.1 working on it again

Users who are viewing this thread

Maybe, but like I posted before I won't even try because I first want to edit all the sieges just by making the fighting area larger and adding more ladders.

Hi Archer you leet bastard!

i love your mod man thanks! and these forum posters have had some good feedback so thank you to all of you guys too.

i dont know if this has been mentioned but maybe there is a way to battle to the front gate controls to open the gate from inside so your main forces can storm en masse? when i read about the gate in the other posts it occurred to me that this can be an idea, though it may not be practical.

ill keep posting if i have any ideas or ill xfire with you archer :smile:

*dan gives a shout out to True Combat Elite where archer pwns*

anyone else curious about moats? in fact i would love the option to have siege engines to batter a hole in the walls to storm through, its a lot for arch3r to do alone i know so anyone feel free to volunteer. arch3r i may try to mess with terrain if you walk me through it.

i explained to arch3r that the siege scenes could be an option like when you spend time to build ladders, except that 'build catapults to breach wall' would cost money and make you vulnerable to attack and maybe if you get attacked when bombarding you would  have to start over and pay again..... idk guys give ideas if you have any

Town siege scene number 2! Yalen, It has a larger city, so reinforcements take longer to arrive. Both for attackers and defenders. The attackers only have 4 ladders here, but are protected by some shields/ramps.

Men on the ladders.
mb20090130214258ut0.png
mb20090130214325sy3.png
The Attackers. (CHEAT! Town walls option used)
mb20090130214040aa1.png
Accessible gate house in the town (which crossbowmen/archers on top)
mb20090130214406mu2.png
Overview of Yalen.
mb20090130214416nn3.png

DanTheMan2 said:
anyone else curious about moats? in fact i would love the option to have siege engines to batter a hole in the walls to storm through, its a lot for arch3r to do alone i know so anyone feel free to volunteer. arch3r i may try to mess with terrain if you walk me through it.

i explained to arch3r that the siege scenes could be an option like when you spend time to build ladders, except that 'build catapults to breach wall' would cost money and make you vulnerable to attack and maybe if you get attacked when bombarding you would  have to start over and pay again..... idk guys give ideas if you have any

You explained it better to me on xfire :p
He means: Instead of Build Ladders there should be a breach walls option. Costing LOTS more money and time than ladders, but can save your men from an arrow too. The wall breaching would not happen in the scene, but after the walls are breached you get in a scene with broken walls.

If you take a screenshot whilst in Edit mode I think pressing "h" makes all the labels/barriers vanish so you can take pictures more cinematically.

hey arch3r,

just had another idea about spending time and money to build a bridge across rivers and even to have the ability to destroy bridges, for that matter maybe be able to make pits or traps on main map, there seems to be a lot of possibilities that open up when you add strategy to m&b

i know you have formations but how about the option for classic formations like 'echelon' 'wedge' 'phalanx' old school types of formations? idk how it would work or if it would work well but its an idea to bounce around here.

cheers!

btw 'Mr. Awesome'?? that is so funny i dont feel like that name fits me at all! although Archiebald seems to be a fun name for you!

^^
dan

Lt. of the tower said:
If you take a screenshot whilst in Edit mode I think pressing "h" makes all the labels/barriers vanish so you can take pictures more cinematically.
thx for the tip, didn't know that :smile:

DanTheMan2 said:
just had another idea about spending time and money to build a bridge across rivers and even to have the ability to destroy bridges, for that matter maybe be able to make pits or traps on main map, there seems to be a lot of possibilities that open up when you add strategy to m&b
It would ruin some of the strategy...When the AI will defend a bridge, you can just build a bridge somewhere else. Not going to do that.

DanTheMan2 said:
i know you have formations but how about the option for classic formations like 'echelon' 'wedge' 'phalanx' old school types of formations? idk how it would work or if it would work well but its an idea to bounce around here.
I didn't code formations and I have no idea how to either. And the idea have be mentioned everywhere 1000 times. And the wedge is in btw.

[quote author=Arch3r]
It would ruin some of the strategy...When the AI will defend a bridge, you can just build a bridge somewhere else. Not going to do that.
[/quote]

it would definitely change the strategy, but i think making it prohibitively long to build would balance out the effect of making a new bridge to circumvent a well guarded path. i am imagining thousands of troops milling around a bridge or even more silly numbers,  to create a check and balance for bottlenecking free movement and to keep the defender honest, there should be some counter to this defensive posture. we all know the advantage goes to the attacker. think about it or about a new method of balance. ^^
ps- i was also thinking of when this gets into the multiplayer realm of play, AI maybe cannot adapt to so many options well but another human is going to find the weaknesses and limitations that may exist, it may work out great so dont stress out just over thinking maybe. something as simple as making too many paths to guard too heavily may be a good answer.

[quote author=Arch3r]
I didn't code formations and I have no idea how to either. And the idea have be mentioned everywhere 1000 times. And the wedge is in btw.
[/quote]

ok fair enough, i havent trolled the forums really because i only care about the archiemod and song of ice and fire mods, and those wonderful mods that create new and cool features that my favorite mods can cannibalize lol.
oh well would have been neat but so would a hundred virgins :smile: guess i wont get either......
i would like to know what everyone thinks of the current formations, i am not a skilled user of them and i have no idea if they are more or less effective the way they are. i assume the wedge works for cavalry but is there a spear or pike formation to counter the wedge? i just havent explored it too much really as i always end up hacking everyone i can to death lol.
pps- does the cavalry hold formation through the charge or break up?

timedanze said:
any news??  :grin:

Yep, all rhodok towns are done, I've playtested them and they all work great. The only exception being Jelkala where some enemies seem to spawn outside the borders :/

Here screenshot from Veluca

The catapult is where the attackers start, and the previously inassesible gatehouse is now open.

More SShots coming soon

EDIT: SShots of Veluca on the first page

Hi !

Great mod, great work.
Has anyone problems with fighting looters ? My game crash sometimes when i fight looters, i don't know why. I don't have problems with other mods or just native.
Sometimes the game is choppy as hell too, console shows 100 FPS when i have max 3 in game.

Please help me i really want to play this mod without problems.
/sorry for my english

Very nice Mod. Thank you.
Immediately had it's own flavour when I saw the fricking huge parties of looters/bandits/sea raiders/what have you.
The troop trees I've glanced at seem good too.
Unfortunately I'm getting "the crash".
It happens prior to a battle, possibly before you get the the screen deciding whether you attack, retreat etc. Screen goes black, cursor still visible, then CTD with "mount and blade has blah blah blah" message. I've fought 6 battles so far, and it's crashed twice. Both times were on mountain bandit parties I think.

Dziku199111 said:
Hi !

Great mod, great work.
Has anyone problems with fighting looters ? My game crash sometimes when i fight looters, i don't know why. I don't have problems with other mods or just native.
Sometimes the game is choppy as hell too, console shows 100 FPS when i have max 3 in game.

Please help me i really want to play this mod without problems.
/sorry for my english

I've heard of these problems before :sad: my question is which download link you used? If you look at the first page you can see that people had different problems depending on the link. The last upload was to mbrepository, so if you didnt download from there, try that. BTW your english is fine :smile:

tommyboy said:
Immediately had it's own flavour when I saw the fricking huge parties of looters/bandits/sea raiders/what have you.
It happens prior to a battle, possibly before you get the the screen deciding whether you attack, retreat etc. Screen goes black, cursor still visible, then CTD with "mount and blade has blah blah blah" message. I've fought 6 battles so far, and it's crashed twice. Both times were on mountain bandit parties I think.

Thanks :smile: and again same problem as above, what link did you use? Try using MB repository

timedanze said:
great!!  :twisted: :cool: so can I select at the beginn of siege how many ladders I use??

Nope. Number of ladders are depends on the scene, choosing number of ladders will not be implented.

Arch3r said:
tommyboy said:

Thanks :smile: and again same problem as above, what link did you use? Try using MB repository
I got mine from the repository, but I'll DL again and re-install, just to try that.
Meanwhile, heres the end of my rgl_log.txt immediately after crashing:
Code:
 Loading Module Resource  arch_items 
 Loading Module Resource  arch_scimitar2 
 Loading Music...
 WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME PRESENTATION CODE:  prsnt_game_start 
 WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME PRESENTATION CODE:  prsnt_game_escape 
 WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME SCRIPT CODE:  game_check_party_sees_party 
 WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME SCRIPT CODE:  game_get_party_speed_multiplier 
 Loading Module...
 Loading item kinds...
 Loading dialogs...
 Loading mission templates...
 Loading party templates...
 Loading Textures...
 Finished Loading Textures...
 Finished All...
 Loading tracks
 load_map_data complete.
 Init_map complete.
 init_meta_mission complete.
 map mesh built.
 get_ideal_sun_color.
 get_ideal_fog_color.
 parties added.
 launch complete.
 begin_setup end_setup Saving Game... Creating new savegame file... Saving header... Saving game state... Closing new save game file... Backing up old file name... Removing old backup file. Renaming old savegame to backup file. Renaming new savegame file. Savegame succeded... begin_setup end_setup begin_setup end_setup begin_setup end_setup vdt_regular :Out of Static vertex buffer memory. Needed =  202250 Available: 200000 
 Expanding Buffer Capacity to  252812 
 begin_setup end_setup Saving Game... Creating new savegame file... Saving header... Saving game state... Closing new save game file... Backing up old file name... Removing old backup file. Renaming old savegame to backup file. Renaming new savegame file. Savegame succeded... begin_setup end_setup SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 1910: Invalid Scene ID: 1341511636; LINE NO: 97: At menu menu_simple_encounter item mno_encounter_attack consequence. At menu menu_simple_encounter item mno_encounter_attack consequence. At menu menu_simple_encounter item mno_encounter_attack consequence. At menu menu_simple_encounter item mno_encounter_attack consequence. begin_setup
And the crash happens just after I click on "charge the enemy", where you would expect to see the battlefield, instead the screen goes black.

Obviously if the re-download fixes the problem I'll post here.

tommyboy said:
Arch3r said:
tommyboy said:

I got mine from the repository, but I'll DL again and re-install, just to try that.
Meanwhile, heres the end of my rgl_log.txt immediately after crashing:
Code:
 Loading Module Resource  arch_items 
 Loading Module Resource  arch_scimitar2 
 Loading Music...
 WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME PRESENTATION CODE:  prsnt_game_start 
 WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME PRESENTATION CODE:  prsnt_game_escape 
 WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME SCRIPT CODE:  game_check_party_sees_party 
 WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME SCRIPT CODE:  game_get_party_speed_multiplier 
 Loading Module...
 Loading item kinds...
 Loading dialogs...
 Loading mission templates...
 Loading party templates...
 Loading Textures...
 Finished Loading Textures...
 Finished All...
 Loading tracks
 load_map_data complete.
 Init_map complete.
 init_meta_mission complete.
 map mesh built.
 get_ideal_sun_color.
 get_ideal_fog_color.
 parties added.
 launch complete.
 begin_setup end_setup Saving Game... Creating new savegame file... Saving header... Saving game state... Closing new save game file... Backing up old file name... Removing old backup file. Renaming old savegame to backup file. Renaming new savegame file. Savegame succeded... begin_setup end_setup begin_setup end_setup begin_setup end_setup vdt_regular :Out of Static vertex buffer memory. Needed =  202250 Available: 200000 
 Expanding Buffer Capacity to  252812 
 begin_setup end_setup Saving Game... Creating new savegame file... Saving header... Saving game state... Closing new save game file... Backing up old file name... Removing old backup file. Renaming old savegame to backup file. Renaming new savegame file. Savegame succeded... begin_setup end_setup SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 1910: Invalid Scene ID: 1341511636; LINE NO: 97: At menu menu_simple_encounter item mno_encounter_attack consequence. At menu menu_simple_encounter item mno_encounter_attack consequence. At menu menu_simple_encounter item mno_encounter_attack consequence. At menu menu_simple_encounter item mno_encounter_attack consequence. begin_setup
And the crash happens just after I click on "charge the enemy", where you would expect to see the battlefield, instead the screen goes black.

Obviously if the re-download fixes the problem I'll post here.

I don't know much about rgl_logs, but it crashes after the music? I did add some custom music to it. Would explain something, I'll remove it at the next update.

About the next update:
All siege scenes for swadian, rhodok towns (at least, so maybe more.) got edit. Adding more time events (there are already some in, but I guess your game crashed before you got there :sad:). AI parties defending bridges.

Not in this update yet, but hopefully coming: Castle sieges edit, new map (need help with this, I'm bad at editting the map, I did try it.). Valleys, mountain passes, etc scenes. Village upgrades (not fully working yet, but they are there already.)

I re-downloaded from the repository and re-installed.
Still randomly crashing, I'm afraid. :cry:
Interestingly, because I now save before every battle, after the last crash I reloaded took on the same party of looters again, but no crash.
So I'd guess that whatever the cause is, it's something only found in battle scenes, and something that is randomly setup in them.
Which could be music, because problems with weapons/armour/horseys usually gets you some sort of RGL error rather than a CTD.
Anyway, it's a testament to how fun and playable the Mod is, that I'm willing to keep playing despite the crashes. If it weren't a good Mod, I'd just wait for a fix or say it wasn't worth the effort.

I've removed the added music tracks, so I'll see if that helps.

Nope, I deleted all the new music tracks, and still randomly get the ctd going into battle.
Again, the tail end of my rgl_log.txt;
begin_setup end_setup begin_setup end_setup begin_setup end_setup begin_setup end_setup SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 1910: Invalid Scene ID: 2105999563; LINE NO: 97: At menu menu_simple_encounter item mno_encounter_attack consequence. At menu menu_simple_encounter item mno_encounter_attack consequence. At menu menu_simple_encounter item mno_encounter_attack consequence. At menu menu_simple_encounter item mno_encounter_attack consequence. begin_setup

Back
Top Bottom