Resolved Archers not shooting

Users who are viewing this thread

I have had the same issue when using Vlandian Sharpshooter's and lower tier Vlandian Crossbows at night time.

They do not shoot until they are about 5-10m away from the enemy despite ordering them to hold fire/fire at will, being in front of my infantry, changing formation to loose/line and finally toggling AI commands where they would form a 'Skirmish Line' and continue not to shoot.

However my Archers do shoot normally at night during bandit camp raids and Horse Archers work fine in normal night time scenarios.

They will shoot when you let them move 1 step in any direction. This happens when you wait for the enemy after starting a battle without giving any command...

They will shoot when you let them move 1 step in any direction. This happens when you wait for the enemy after starting a battle without giving any command...

If you read my case above no movement, formation, fire orders or even AI command would let my archers shoot despite clear line of sights with top tier crossbowmen unfortunately. They only start shooting when the range is short enough that they fire one volley before being in melee range.

I experienced this while playing e1.0.3 last night but unfortunately I forgot to take screenshots.

Computer Specs:
GPU: Radeon RX480 - 8GB GDDR5 RAM
CPU: Ryzen 7 1700x (8 physical/16 logical cores @ 3.40ghz)
RAM: 16GB DDR4 (Trident G.SKILL)
Motherboard: ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO, AM4 CHIPSET, DD4
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD (Samsung 970 EVO)

If you read my case above no movement, formation, fire orders or even AI command would let my archers shoot despite clear line of sights with top tier crossbowmen unfortunately. They only start shooting when the range is short enough that they fire one volley before being in melee range.

I experienced this while playing e1.0.3 last night but unfortunately I forgot to take screenshots.

Computer Specs:

Ah ok i got it. That must be buggy on some races than. I play the southern empire and never had the problem.

Btw did you noticed that some horsed archer are shooting over the whole map. I think this is buggy too.

Computer Specs:

Did you fight during daytime or nighttime? When it comes to archers it's a feature implemented that during nighttime archers can't fire very far. Reason: Without lightsources, you can't really see jack **** at night.. you would know, if you've lived in the wilderness without electricity.
When it comes to banditcamps, they are meant to have lightsources, campfires etc, hence you can see the enemy. Archers can fire.

Ah ok i got it. That must be buggy on some races than. I play the southern empire and never had the problem.

Btw did you noticed that some horsed archer are shooting over the whole map. I think this is buggy too.

When it comes to archers fire over the whole map, it all comes down to the speed of the arrow and how they coded falloff speed etc, the math behind etc, so it would not be the horsearchers that's buggy, but the math behind it and the bows they're using etc.

Did you fight during daytime or nighttime? When it comes to archers it's a feature implemented that during nighttime archers can't fire very far. Reason: Without lightsources, you can't really see jack **** at night.. you would know, if you've lived in the wilderness without electricity.
When it comes to banditcamps, they are meant to have lightsources, campfires etc, hence you can see the enemy. Archers can fire.

When it comes to archers fire over the whole map, it all comes down to the speed of the arrow and how they coded falloff speed etc, the math behind etc, so it would not be the horsearchers that's buggy, but the math behind it and the bows they're using etc.

ehh... man for u archer cant shoot very far u mean its range 10m ? u can create army only archers and this same is in day time

It should be reintroduced with maybe a graduated accuracy debuff... Archers not being able to shoot down enemies by nighttime the same way they do in sunlight was a nice idea, but it was just a bit extreme that they wouldn't even attempt to shoot just because it's dark.

It should just be a medium to big debuff for them to hit the further the target is and becomes less and less of a problem when they get closer.

I mean... maybe casual players would dislike it, or they won't notice (maybe even make it part of the realism difficulty), but I feel like this would give some meaning to what is pratically the only environmental change in the game (maybe someday introduce weather changes and repercussions on movement speed, missiles trajectories, visibility, etc. I wish that becomes a thing, but maybe I'll have to wait on a M&B3)

Last edited:
I think this is likely a hotfix and it will be re-implemented at a later date.

Balancing and then testing night time debuff's would probably have taken some time and they have other priorities such as peoples crashing issues at the moment.

Yeah, for sure. I'm not complaining, just crossing fingers that it comes back in the future. It's far from being a must at the moment I understand it fully well.

Good job on the devs for the fixes. Let's make one of the top games ever made.

Hello, thanks for reporting this issue. Unfortunately, we were unable to respond to this topic when it was first created. If you are still experiencing this issue with the latest live or beta versions of the game, please leave a reply to this thread so we can forward to the team for investigation.

Hi, I will mark the issue as resolved. If you encounter the same one in the latest version, please let me know. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom