Apologies - spec question

Users who are viewing this thread

stupid632

Recruit
Hey all

Apologies, you've probably been bombarded with questions regarding specs. Whilst i know some bits and bobs - i am by no means an expert and when companies come out with the processors, it throws me off completely trying to work out whether mine is suitable.

Would anyone be able to help?

According to steam - the minimum requirements are:

Intel® Core™ i3-8100 / AMD Ryzen™ 3 1200 (processor)

However, my processor is an I5-7300HQ.

Would this processor be powerful enough?

How do you usually work out the processor situation when people discuss minimum processor power?

Thank you for any help given, it is much appreciated!

Basically the main thing you should look for is Clock speeds and number of cores/threads to ascertain whether or not it would be enough.

just do a basic google search on the processor model and you'll find links to the intel ark spec page for them:

As you can see both processors have 4 cores and threads, the main problem is that while clock speeds are very similar, the minimum i3 has 3.6 as it's base clock, while your i5 can get up tp 3.5 with turbo boost, which is not exactly the same, the base 3.6 Ghz will win in terms of performance most likely.

But the other thing is the GPU of course, I imagine given it's a laptop, you don't have a discreet GPU in there? that's actually more important than the processor in many ways, when it comes to games at least.

According to the minimum specs an intel UHD 630 (which is what your i5 has) would be enough, but don't expect stellar performance heh, maybe if you lock the game at 30 FPS and lower a bunch of graphics options you could have a smooth experience.

Basically the main thing you should look for is Clock speeds and number of cores/threads to ascertain whether or not it would be enough.

just do a basic google search on the processor model and you'll find links to the intel ark spec page for them:

As you can see both processors have 4 cores and threads, the main problem is that while clock speeds are very similar, the minimum i3 has 3.6 as it's base clock, while your i5 can get up tp 3.5 with turbo boost, which is not exactly the same, the base 3.6 Ghz will win in terms of performance most likely.

But the other thing is the GPU of course, I imagine given it's a laptop, you don't have a discreet GPU in there? that's actually more important than the processor in many ways, when it comes to games at least.

According to the minimum specs an intel UHD 630 (which is what your i5 has) would be enough, but don't expect stellar performance heh, maybe if you lock the game at 30 FPS and lower a bunch of graphics options you could have a smooth experience.

Hey

Thanks for the response! It is much appreciated :smile:

I do have a Geforce GTX 1050 within, which seems to be higher enough spec to run it. It was more the processor that had confused me and was my main fear!

Perfect, thanks for the help! Sounds like the best course of action is to have graphics lowered for a smoother ride :smile:

Hey

Thanks for the response! It is much appreciated :smile:

I do have a Geforce GTX 1050 within, which seems to be higher enough spec to run it. It was more the processor that had confused me and was my main fear!

Perfect, thanks for the help! Sounds like the best course of action is to have graphics lowered for a smoother ride :smile:

Ah yeah! a 1050 would help things out nicely :smile: you should get a decent enough performance, it may chug a bit on big battles because of the processor, but lowering the number on units in said battles should help quite a bit.

I have an intel i5-7400 3.00 GHz, 8 GB Ram, and a GTX 1050 Ti. On Beta I played on Low/Medium didn't get low FPS at all but I got stuttering and fps drops. I think it is because of RAM and Processor

Edit: I didn't get so much stuttering on low settings with 120 people (siege). I think I'm gonna buy a processor and ram so I can play with high settings

I'm in the same boat. I've got an i5 7300hq, 1060 6gb, 16gb ram and SSD

Hopefully it's not too bad on my CPU. I'm downloading as we speak, in 2-3 hours I'll let you know how it performs. I'll go straight to custom battle and test the battle sizes

EDIT: Unless you get there first lol

Last edited:
Thank you all for your replies, it is greatly appreciated!!

I'm in the same boat. I've got an i5 7300hq, 1060 6gb, 16gb ram and SSD

Hopefully it's not too bad on my CPU. I'm downloading as we speak, in 2-3 hours I'll let you know how it performs. I'll go straight to custom battle and test the battle sizes

EDIT: Unless you get there first lol

I've yet to buy it, i will await your report lol :smile:

Keep in mind that the performance should improve during the course of the EA so the minimum specs could be knocked down a peg. But I think a 4core 4thread proc will always be the baseline.
Very true! Shall have to keep an eye on all that also

Very true! Shall have to keep an eye on all that also
Report time..

So on i5 7300HQ, GTX 1060 6GB, 2x8GB DDR4 ram, SSD

On Very High preset, as it was set by the game by default, I tested 100v100 and 150v150 on multiple maps. In both scenarios, it runs most of the time above 60 FPS, closer to my screen refresh rate of 75, only sometimes dropping into 50s.

On a mix of Medium and High settings, I tried 400 men battle and it was around 50-60 fps, rarely dropping under. I on that same mix, I put a 500 men battle and it dropped under 40 FPS at times, but still managed to reach high 50s.

All in all, it runs better than I expected. For a CPU under the minimum requirements, it's pretty damn fine.

Now if you would excuse me, I'll be off to start some adventures :grin:

Report time..

So on i5 7300HQ, GTX 1060 6GB, 2x8GB DDR4 ram, SSD

On Very High preset, as it was set by the game by default, I tested 100v100 and 150v150 on multiple maps. In both scenarios, it runs most of the time above 60 FPS, closer to my screen refresh rate of 75, only sometimes dropping into 50s.

On a mix of Medium and High settings, I tried 400 men battle and it was around 50-60 fps, rarely dropping under. I on that same mix, I put a 500 men battle and it dropped under 40 FPS at times, but still managed to reach high 50s.

All in all, it runs better than I expected. For a CPU under the minimum requirements, it's pretty damn fine.

Now if you would excuse me, I'll be off to start some adventures :grin:

thanks for getting back to me, it is greatly appreciated! Good to hear it is running well, i shall look into getting later!

Enjoy your adventures :smile:

Guys what can you say about i5 4460 pairing with RX 580?
Hey

I will not be able to provide anything useful but as said:

It may be worth googling the components and then seeing the speeds you can reach and compare them to the minimum required for the game - especially the graphics card :smile:

Back
Top Bottom