Anyone play taleworlds other game? -With Fire & Sword

Users who are viewing this thread

dhowlett

Squire
From the discription it sounds just like a mod for WB with a few features that they shoulda put in WB but didn't want to because of With fire and sword.

Just wondered if anyone got any oppinions on it?

http://www.taleworlds.com/main.aspx

:EDIT:

seems i cant link to it so youll have to find it on their website.

:EDIT2:

Aparently its a polish game made by them?

Not Taleworlds either. It's a commercial mod by CD Projekt. For the original M&B, so don't expect anything wondrous.

:arrow:
Calodine said:
Not Taleworlds either. It's a commercial mod by CD Projekt. For the original M&B, so don't expect anything wondrous.

i think they redesigning it with warband graphic and all, probably gonna be aewsome mod,
it has to be, to be taken seriously.

http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/mount-blade-with-fire-and/329413

This makes me want to go play m&b in first person again.  :grin:

Calodine said:

Huh, I thought it was Taleworlds.  Can't go wrong with either developer in my opinion. :3

It's from CDprojekt (also know as CD****). They just want to make some money, do not blame them. They are releasing it for price of a full game though.

If it will be much depended on Henryk Sienkiewicz's book it should be a splendid story. Although I can't imagine having a non sandbox M&B. Or what could be the map like. A huge map of Poland & Lithuania

It does look decent, I like the feature list on taleworlds site. It claims to have features that aren't in vanilla M&B, sure some of them are modded in, but its still a decent sized studio doing it so I expect a bit more effort packed in since some one is doing it for a paycheck not just in there downtime.

I wouldn't really call it a mod, there is a ton of games out there that get the license to use other game engines, heck the Half-life engines were used in a lot of games same with the unreal engines. The only thing that makes it mod like is that there are mods out there offering similar things. Of course there was a RPG mod for tribes many many moons ago, that was like warband multiplayer 0.0000001 mounts weren't in the version I played but it still had lvls stats, and melee combat with others, of course it had a busted magic system in it as well...

My point being there is a lot of mods out there that offer similar things to full games, and the second you start paying staff, and slapping a studio logo on a project you can expect one of two things, it will cost money, and they should at least try to make it higher quality then a mod. Also note steam products make good money off of full conversion mods, and its that cash that supports the teams that generaly helps the quality. Kind of like paying for beta for vanilla M&B. :razz:

Unfortunately there is baddy companies out there as well, but you roll the dice anytime you buy from a smaller company, and even some big ones, there just more likely to slap a fat patch on it. From what I can tell though this game did well in the non English so im sure the late english release means the fun growing pains will be over mechanic wise, you just have to cross your fingers for the translation in the first edition.

to be honest, I expect some of the features like new econ system, bank system and town development etc to be released in a patch, not a mod.  I bought both MB and WB but to be honest I dont even know why I bought WB.  It has only got few extra features and a multiplayer which has no players online.

WB is not an "expansion" either...you buy WB and then u dont need to buy MB.  Makes me wonder what I paid those extra money for...

Don't bash be too hard Amagan loyalists  :lol:

benpenguin said:
to be honest, I expect some of the features like new econ system, bank system and town development etc to be released in a patch, not a mod.  I bought both MB and WB but to be honest I dont even know why I bought WB.  It has only got few extra features and a multiplayer which has no players online.

WB is not an "expansion" either...you buy WB and then u dont need to buy MB.  Makes me wonder what I paid those extra money for...

Don't bash be too hard Amagan loyalists  :lol:
I agree except with the 'not an expansion' bit. It is a standalone just as with many other game series.

Fire & Sword looks nice and it would be cool to have Polish Hussars but personally I'm not gonna pay someone the price of a game for a mod of someone else's game. It isn't just using the engine, they've just made a conversion mod.

I won't buy it, but the trailer was awesome. If Mount&Blades trailer was like I'd jizz in my pants.

What is actually Fire and Sword? Is it just a mod for M&B but that its made by the M&B team and one has to buy it? I was hoping they made a single unit role playing game on the M&B engine, that would have been awesome! A game in the style of Oblivion/Morrowind but with the riding and movement from the battlefield and town/village scenes in M&B would definately be something I would have bought.

EDIT: just imagine riding on your horse on a path on your way to some dungeon when you see a scamp (or other evil creature) in your way. You pull out your lance and blam! he is a goner  :mrgreen: Doesnt get better than that.

Back
Top Bottom