Another Love Based Poll: Week 2 Now Up

Among players who want to be competitive, why do some people never seem to improve at the game?

• Low Natural Ability

Votes: 16 16.5%
  • Low Drive to Improve

Votes: 19 19.6%
  • Hardware

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Community They Play With

Votes: 10 10.3%
  • Their Ego (e.g. Blaming team, seeing no fault in their own actions)

Votes: 23 23.7%
  • Poor Use of Time (e.g. Practicing in ways that yield little improvement)

Votes: 22 22.7%
  • Other

Votes: 3 3.1%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Aura (Zaffa)

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Week 2 poll:

Among players who want to be competitive, why do some people never seem to improve at the game?
Why is it that some players can play for extended periods and never get better, while others can play for limited periods and stay above the curve?

Results

Week 1: Players from which class tend to be the most selfish in scrims?
Oy4YhvH.png

I voted infantry. All rangers and cav do is save infantry's asses whilst they W forward thinking they're finally going to engage in glorious 1v1 and get a kill. A truly selfless infantry will stfu, stop cav, and save their rangers (the true heroes).

There are no selfish classes, only selfish players. But if I had to say any its cav. INF should cover archers and other information whilst trying to fend away cav. Cav have to judge the situations when to engage and it's easily misjudged meaning some act of heroism is unwillingly turned to selfishness...except in the case of 'no dog fighting, cav' turns to 1vs1 cav duels straight from the get go.

Dumb infantry men running around without their shield up in matches.
Kinda selfish, innit?

Archers. They need the shields, they get scims, they get their positions, they need protection. Definitely selfish :smile:

All players can be selfish in some way

Archers definitely get babied the most, so they probably do have the highest chance to be crybaby-selfish, but most of the time the teams today give their archers drops willingly, so drops and getting positioning has naturally become part of the expected gameplay to some extent.

"Wheres my shield?"
"Wheres the cav call?" 7 v 8
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Cav probably have the most opportunities to be kill-seeking-selfish with their mobility and early kill and dueling potential.

"Wheres my awlpike?"
"Cav duel! ... Oops..." 7 v 8
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Infantry drop the shields and awlpikes for archers and cav. They protect archers and are the first line of defense for the team. Infantry arnt given much of a chance to be selfish, perhaps in staying back in the fight to keep themselves alive or refusing to drop equipment and more rarely(and stupidly) rushing ahead alone to get kills.

"Wheres my money?"
"Wheres my support?" 7 v 8

Ultimately, it's a team game and making sure each player on your team is at their maximum efficiency is vital to win.

Back
Top Bottom