Anno 1330 Kingdoms role play

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amman d Stazia

Master Knight
This is a roleplay - sort of.

You all pick a kingdom, principality, bishopric (whatever!) from Europe in the HISTORICAL year 1330.
You are it's ruler.

HRR_14Jh.jpg

Using this thread you can make alliances with other players, and describe your glorious victories, heart-breaking reverses, and political skullduggery.

This is how it works:

everyone please begin a NEW game in M&B, using PURE, UNALTERED Native.

Create a character as usual, you are going to import one anyway.

Import a character with the following stats:

STR / AGL / INT / CHA - total 30 points, divided as you will
Attributes (that is, powerstrike, ironflesh, horse-riding, etc) - total 20 points, NOT MORE than 4 in any one category.

Weapon proficiencies - total 300 points, not more than 200 for any one weapon skill.

Add 10,000 denars and set you XP to 100 points.

This character is your ruler.

Please use this M&B game ONLY to resolve battles/sieges that will come up in this role play.

After ANY battle/siege you must export and import your character, as you will be giving yourself cash payments from your treasury to maintain the campaign!

According to your choice of fief from historical Europe, you will only be able to recruit from one (max 2) of the M&B factions, plus of course the mercenaries as you find them.

Your finances will be limited by your political behaviour.  The 10,000 denars starting money is basically your initial 'treasury'.  You can levy taxes as you will, but the higher you tax, the more likely it is that your fellow-roleplayers will be able to encourage a revolution in your territory, and the harder you will find it to recruit non-mercenary troops.

The most taxes you can levy between any two battles/sieges is EQUAL to twenty times your party size. (ie, party of 12, you can raise 240 denars in taxes between any two battles/sieges.)

I don't envisage that players will go head-to head much (as battles are resolved against M&B AI, this might lead to both sides winning/losing!!)
Rather, players will command their underlings to go and fight other players, and the underlings will be represented by an M&B AI force.

Depending on who is fighting who, you will have to seek out and then challenge an appropriate Kingdom party.

The relationships are shown in the next post....

I'll be moderator /gamesmaster to some extent, but hopefully the roleplay will make its own momentum...

territories in ENGLAND can recruit only NORDS and SWADIANS.
territories in FRANKREICH can recruit RHODOKS and SWADIANS
territories in ARAGON can recruit SWADIANS
territories in SEELAND HOLLAND FRIESLAND, BRABANT HENNEGAU can recruit SWADIANS and NORDS
territories inside the 'line' HAMBURG - NURNBERG - GENF - AACHEN can recruit SWADIANS and RHODOKS
territories in BAYERN can recruit VAEGIRS and RHODOKS
territories in the alpine and peninsula part of Italy can recruit RHODOKS
territories in DANEMARK can recruit NORDS and VAEGIRS
territories in BRANDENBURG, NEUMARK, DEUTSCHER ORDEN can recruit SWADIANS
territories in SCHLESIEN, BOHMEN, OBERPFALZ, MAHREN,OSTERREICH can recruit SWADIANS and VAEGIRS
territories in STEIERMARK KARNTEN KRAIN can recruit RHODOKS and VAEGIRS
territories in SIZILIEN can recruit NORDS and KHERGITS
territories in POLEN can recruit VAEGIRS
territories in UNGARN can recruit KHERGITS and VAEGIRS

so, for example, if you want to play as the Count of Flanders, (HENNEGAU) you could recruit Swadians, Nords and mercenaries.
If you wanted to attack, say the city of BRUGGE or CALAIS then you would need to find and defeat a small field army of Rhodoks OR Swadians, then capture a city from the OTHER faction (ie, if you chose to fight the Swadians in the field, then you'd have to capture a RHODOK city).

we can discuss 'small' or 'large' army sizes as the game progresses....

and the M&B game you start should be
battlesize 80 (we can revise this later as your kingdoms all expand)
damage settings at hardest.
So long as you maintain a difficulty not less than 100%, you can set the aiming reticule, auto-attack etc as your personal choice.

Please don't build up your character by fighting and trading lots - keep this game exclusively for the roleplay fights.  That way everyone will have the same challenges.

You can do pretty much anything with C.14 historical precedent - eg, a campaign to lay waste enemy lands (you would loot and burn some villages, facing the possibility of an enemy army catching you)
or, dodgy deals with fellow players to carve up non-player territories... if you can win your fights!

Sounds fun. But I've gotten used to my mod, so I don't think I'll join in. If I change my mind, I think I'd take England.

part for bumping...

Ramidel - the French had excellent heavy cavalry, lots of heavy infantry, and a preference for crossbows.  Suits Swadian and Rhodok troop trees more than any other.  Was their peasantry well armed?  Probably no more than any other nation, but then I don't consider the Rhodok tribesman to be better armed than most.  Swadian recruits are the weakest, I think.

bumpity bump

This is a nod to Merc., Ambalon and TDM who have expressed recent interest in a Mediaeval RP.

Please note, this RP is on a far more strategic level than, for example, Surge of Iron.

In comparison to some other RP threads, the main difference is that by resolving all COMBAT through m&b itself, we remove the "I killed you!" - "NO, I killed you first!"  bull****.

The problem is if I take Wales, and say, attack, Denmark. What if I win with my Welsh army, in my M&B battle, but the Danes win in whoever's playing them's battle? Also, the better you are at M&B, the more of an advantage you have, so I could potentially see the Frisians defeating the Holy Roman Empire in a single campaign.

Also, the English have fine archers. You might want to switch to Vaegirs/Swadians.

Nah, the Nords have the longbowmen. Anyways, I think a game more focused on a certain area, where instead of warring nations, it is warring lords between each other. Makes it far more personal.

(I'll try to answer all points at once...)

Merc - good point, but I think that as moderator/GM, I could say - OK, you get half each / a draw, or a slight advantage to the defender.  The main effect of that particular scenario would be to weaken BOTH the warring parties, exposing them to attack from a third party...

The other option (my preference) is that only the ATTACKER has to fight an M&B battle.  Thus, only Wales' army has to fight in the invasion stage.  However, if Denmark survives long enough to gather an army and counterattack (which they almost always would...) then the Danes become the attacker, and would fight an M&B battle.

Lots of battles!  But does remove the win/win possibility

Yes, skill in m&B would be of assistance.  However, everyone's characters will remain realistically close to each other, as the only levelling will happen in battles which are 'forced' by the RP.

Levelling your character by looting, attacking bandits, etc is NOT permitted.  As difficulty must remain minimum 100%, levelling your character with in-battle soloing is risky.  It is permitted.  If it works, you become the hero-warrior-ruler, and well done.  If it doesn't work (ie, you fall in battle) you will probably lose the battle, campaign, war, country...!

I have divided the map into areas with relatively similar power, eg the is only 'Ungarn' (and no 'Holy Roman Empire') which would not be too dissimilar to Bayern or Schlesien, two close neighbouring territories, in historical strength.

The relationship between M&B and the European territories...
I know, it's a bit questionable.  And I am open to good arguments in favour of change.
I chose the Nords for England to give them powerful infantry as well as powerful cavalry, but not have the whole 'semi-russic' appearance of the Vaegir...

TDM - It might work better with a dedicated Europe mod, but I'd rather stick to native.  The closest to a level playing field.  Again, I'm open to good arguments in favour of change...

And, thanks for the interest.  If you two want a kingdom/territory, say so and I'll reserve them for you.

First come, first serve.
And, I'm away for a few days now....

for simplicity you could wait till warband comes out and in order to resolve battles, said parties may have a duel, with/without a smal band of followers. this way it would be simple, and the only advantages would be skill but in real life, skill is an advantage so... yeah..i think warband would be good for this rp

I think he's quite right actually Amman. When Warband is released, you will be able to make your game/server willy-nilly online, plus you can add a password.

Then you could add an equal # of bots per team, and have confrontations between players be duked out like that.

I'm just sayin'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom